Jungkook Knows

Drabbles

The thing is, Jungkook knows his hyungs really well. Like better than he knows himself kind of really well. He acts innocent. Giving shy smiles to the fans and teasing comments to the elder members, never quite enough to let anyone know what the sparkle in his eye really means.

Jungkook knows. He knows that Taehyung steals Hoseok's soap almost every shower. He knows that Hoseok was the one that broke the lamp in the living room but let Namjoon take the blame all because Namjoon was the first to step up. Knows Namjoon makes sure everyone’s microphones are clean and working before every show, but doesn’t want the others to know because he’s embarrassed. He knows that Jin will eat food off the ground if it’s been there for less than 10 seconds (he does too). And Jungkook keeps it all a secret. He keeps it all a secret because if he spilled the truth for one member, he’d spill the truth for all of the members. And it's not his place to meddle.

Jungkook knows his hyungs.

He knows that Yoongi isn’t just spacing out when his eyes land on Jimin, whether he’s laughing or dancing or whatever, Yoongi’s watching with a twinkle in his eye and a smile on his lips. Knows that Yoongi pays extra attention to Jimin. Yoongi always asks if Jimin ate enough, how he was feeling, if he needed a break. Yoongi never held back a compliment when it was directed at Jimin. And his hands ing twitch when Jimin’s standing next to him, like he wants to hold Jimins hand but stops himself. Jungkook knows he doesn’t act that way with the rest of them. He holds the other members hands without hesitation. Yes, Yoongi cared about all of them, but not like that. Not like he does for Jimin.

He’s a perceptive kid. He had to be, since he was so shy back before debut that he would wait until his hyungs had gone to bed before he showered and ate, but that didn’t stop him from learning Namjoon’s favorite candy, or the fact that Taehyung made ugly faces at himself in the mirror to lift his mood. So, when Jungkook thinks learns something, he’s 100% certain it’s true.

Jimin’s not much better. He knows that Jimin likes to film his friends doing dumb on his phone, but he also knows that the majority of his camera roll is of Yoongi. The fact that Jimin always goes out of his way to visit Yoongi in his ‘genius lab’ with snacks and drinks isn’t a mystery either. Jungkook knows that Jimin always is quick to jump at the chance to help if the eldest rapper asks for it. He listens to Yoongi’s problems and assists him in dance practice. He follows Yoongi’s direction like they’re law when recording. He’s also the first to make a light-hearted joke at Yoongi’s expense. Jimin’s a sweetheart, sure, respectful and is always giving whole hearted smiles to everyone he meets. And yeah, he teases all of them too. But there’s a difference between how he treats the rest of them and how he treats Yoongi. It’s blaringly obvious. Jungkook has to avert his attention sometimes it gets too much for him.

Jungkook will scream it from the rooftops if he has to. He knows his hyungs.

Jungkook knows how they gravitate to each other subconsciously. How they always sit next to one another at award shows, how they stand with each other back stage, how they sit shoulder to shoulder on the couch in their dorm despite there being enough room for them to spread out. Jungkook knows about the secret smiles and the longing glances. He knows they both stay up late texting about nothing and everything. He knows Yoongi’s in love with Jimin and Jimin’s in love with Yoongi.

Jungkook knows.

They insist that they’re just friends.

Jimin laughs him off with an airy pained laugh while waving his hands around with a “Of Course I love Yoongi hyung! He’s my hyung, I love you too Jungkookie. We’re all just really good friends.”

“You know that’s not what I mean Jimin hyung” Jungkook sighs, it’s like this every time “You’re in love with Yoongi hyung”

There’s a flash of something akin to fear and sadness in his eyes before he quickly covers it up with a strained smile “Don’t be ridiculous. I’m not in love with anyone.” and Jimin’s lying they both know he is, he always does, and it makes Jungkook stomp off with a huff.

Yoongi is a little different though.

“You’re in love with Jimin” Jungkook stated, dropping himself down onto the black leather couch in Yoongi’s studio.

Yoongi sighed, slipping his headphones down around his neck before turning to look at the maknae. “We’re just friends Jungkook” and he looks a little sad, makes Jungkook’s heart twist in his chest painfully.

“But you have romantic feelings for him.” He pushed a little, because Yoongi might tell him if he’s lucky

They look at each other for a long silent moment before Yoongi speaks again “Yeah, But we’re just friends.” Jungkook opened his mouth to tell Jimin loves him too! Confess goddamn it! but Yoongi cuts him off “Go home Kook, it’s late.”

“But-” he needs to tell him

“Please go home Jungkook.” Yoongi’s already turning back around to his sound boards “I don’t want to talk about this, go home get some sleep”

Jungkook knows it’s not his business to meddle in. But he knows that “Just Friends” don’t look at each other like that. And he knows his hyungs are sad and tired and he just wants them to be happy.

So, no one needs to know if he created a group chat for just the three of them quickly typing out a message and promptly leaving the chat.

[New group chat was created]

[Kookie added suga]

[Kookie added Chim]

[Kookie changed the name to: Yoonmin]

Suga: the is a yoonmin

Kookie: you guys are in love with each other.

Suga: wait what

[Kookie has left the chat]

Chim: so, uh, you’re in love with me?