the sweet girl

sweet to my spice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

word count: 1965

oneshot: jennie x rose (rojennie) ft. awko taco lisa and taehyung (bts) who has no lines

There were many things Jennie hated about herself. Being the hopeless romantic she was, she was one of those girls who couldn't stay with one person. If a guy suddenly held the door for her, she'd think he was 'the one'. If a girl held her hand, she'd think that she was trying to be more than friends.

But that wasn't the reason the winners of the "Best High School Couple of 2016" title broke up a month ago.

Jennie needed two things to remain constant in a relationship: fun and freedom. Her crazy, manipulative ex Jisoo failed to give her either of those things. The girl was controlling, obsessive, emotionally unstable - you name it. Before their relationship ended, Jisoo texted her one last time with a long letter basically telling Jennie to herself and that she won't be happy... ever.

Well, that's how that ended. But Jennie was not going to let the guilt that once held her back to restrain her forever.

"Jennie Kim is spacing out again, huh?" Jennie blinked and looked up to see a grinning Lisa shaking her head in disbelief. "You need a new girlfriend. It's been a month, man." She sermoned as if Jennie had mentioned the name that shall not be said in the first place. Jennie rolled her eyes and feigned ignorance, "I wasn't thinking of her."

Lisa chuckled and sat down on the grass beside her best friend, subsequently taking a bite out of her sandwich. Jennie seemed to be in deep thought for a moment before taking her phone out. Her fingers naturally wandered to her ex's name. No matter what words have been exchanged, she can't bring herself to block her ex's number or even delete her from her contacts list. She no longer loves her, but it's not like romance is the only thing they had in common. They were friends, to begin with - best friends.

Lisa snatched her phone from her hand and Jennie's eyes popped out of her sockets, "Give me that!"

The blonde with blue and pink highlights scoffed as her eyes scanned the screen, "Seriously? Reading your old texts? You're a total masochist, Jen!" Her thumb hovered over the "Delete Contact" option but Jennie successfully swung her phone out of Lisa's grip. The small gadget lifelessly fell on the grass in front of a pair of shoes that weren't there a second ago.

Jennie's eyes followed the shoes to the owner's head.

"...Hi, can I sit here?"

Lisa gave her an amused grin, shifting her eyes to Jennie's baffled expression, "Why, of course. Boycotting the stuffy cafeteria too, I see." The girl had strawberry blonde hair and appeared innocent but her eyes were charismatic and fierce. She resembled a chipmunk in a way, but her voice was not too deep or too high. Her voice was almost like liquid - smooth and flowed easily to the ear.

The girl sat in the empty spot and completed the circle that Jennie and Lisa half-formed. She placed her tray on the ground and stood up to get the phone still lying on the grass.

"T-Thanks, um..." Jennie reached out to take her phone, but being the clutz she was, her hands brushed against the girl's soft hand. Her face turned pink at the contact.

"Park Chaeyoung, but Rose is fine."

Lisa smirked, "Say, Rose... are you perhaps, single?"

Jennie blinked rapidly, worried that Rose would be weirded out at Lisa's random question. She wanted to punch Lisa so badly, but thankfully she was more anxious in Rose's response to do so. She looked into Rose's eyes eager for an answer. Her eyebrows met at the center for a split second in recognition of these familiar feelings. Why am I so eager to know?

"Yes, why?" 

Lisa smirked. Jennie made the horrible mistake of looking back to see that smirk because when she did, Lisa winked at her, giving Rose the wrong idea. Jennie furrowed her eyebrows and rolled her eyes; she took her phone in a rush as she avoided Rose's eyes. 

"Oh, nothing. I mean, how can someone so beautiful be single?" Lisa slyly flirted, shooting her friend secret glances behind her back. Rose giggled, "Sorry... um, what's your name again?"

"Lisa. And this is Jennie, my best friend who broke up recently."

Jennie glared at her with red cheeks, "Lisa, I think she doesn't need to know that."

Rose innocently grinned, "Why not? If we're going to be friends, I should know your relationship status."

Jennie looked from Rose to Lisa in disbelief. The latter blonde smirked, "I like her alrea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter