プロローグ _ Prologue

Finding Eternal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 



[ Winter; January,1998 ]

   The whether seemed to understand the grief that struck every creatures that lived inside the small cabin in the forest. The falling snow was not going to stop anytime sooner. It was painfully cold, too cold that no one wanted to leave their cozy and warm place, to cold that the spine could feel it even if the skin was protected by the thickest clothes in the world. It was very cold yet, it was not enough to freeze the heart of a young Alpha that had sank into the deepest part of a place called despair. 

  Kris Wu could not make himself enter the warm cabin, no matter how cozy it was. He rather standing under the cold, falling snow than being inside a place that had given him so much beautiful yet, painful memories. 

  The memories of him with her

  Her, his wife whom he treasure the most, his wife that he thought, he could never meet someone as wonderful her. She was just perfect. She was everything he had ever wanted in his life. 

  Jessica Jung, his beautiful wife that he could never imagined his life if he lost her. 

 And that day, he had lost her, forever. 

  The thought of loosing her had broken every wall that he built inside, making him all shattered inside and out. Never in his lifetime he had ever let his tear fall down his cheeks but for the first time, hot beads of tears strolled down his cheeks without he even needs to try hard. 

  The cold weather was nothing compared to his pain of loosing the person he loves the most. 

  Everything had fallen apart. The day that he feared the most had finally come but he never imagined that it would be this painful. To have her away from him, it was too painful that he felt suffocating feeling clutched his chest, as if he was inside a narrow space with no air in it. It was hard to breath, even if he wanted to. 

  He wanted to scream out his lungs, to let everything out so that he could feel better— but he know himself better that non of it would work. He just wanted her back. Only her could heal the scar, only her could make all those painful, suffocating feeling inside his chest go away. No matter how hard he tried, only her could make everything works. 

  Jess, please comeback… He silently whimpered under the cold snow. 

  "Kris.." A soft tap on his shoulder had brought half of his soul back into his body. He wiped his tears away, and turned to his back just to see a face that was filled with sorrow and concern. It was written all over his face that somehow had slapped the alpha back to reality. 

What was he doing? 

  He was not the only one who was suffering. There were his pack members with him, to feel his sadness with them, to share the pain along. He was not completely alone. He had them, his family. 

  "Kris, your son-" 

  Right. There was his son as well. 

  His newborn son that was being the real reason why she left, but he could not blame the small baby. It was not the baby's fault to be born as a wolf like him. It was rather a gift for him. 

  It was his fault to agree with the condition that her family, The Jung's family had given as a token for him to be with her. 

  "You can be with her forever under one condition." The oldest Jung said, eyeing both of the people in front him; Jessica, his only daughter and her boyfriend who made him pretty shock to hear it. 

  It was Kris Wu, the werewolf alpha most of their own, even vampires feared the most. 

  Seeing him up close made him pretty amused because even though the Alpha was young, his aura as a leader was strong, strong enough to make the older Jung who was considered as one of the oldest vampire shivered. 

  Gulping his saliva down that somehow tasted like a rotten deer flesh, Kris tried to act calm. He did not want his image as the Alpha of Exo ruined just like that, just because he was scared being in front of the prestigious family of vampires. 

  She is a Vampire, and he is a werewolf. 

  That was where everything started to go wrong.

  But none of them realised how wrong it was. 

  Both of the young werewolf Alpha and the young vampire princess were blinded with love that they never actually thought about the consequences that would hit them in the future. Being with other kind as a mate would definitely bring bad consequences, but they did not want to take it seriously. As long as they would be able to be together, that would be the only things that matters. 

  "What is it papa?" Jessica asked hastily, as she was excited to hear that her father would finally let her being with him, the person whom she loves wholeheartedly. 

  Kris in the other hand, was not sure whether it was a smile or smirk that was curved on the old man's red lips, but he decided to brush it off, thinking that it might just his feeling. It was a lie if he said that he was not happy to know the fact that they could finally be together with the bless of his father but he just could not shook the uneasy feeling inside his thought. 

  Werewolves' instinct were never wrong. 

  Especially when he was an alpha. 

  Stop it, Kris

  Again, that strange smile appeared, as if the old Jung could read his uneasiness.

  "Be with her, until both of you has child together." The old Jung finally voiced out his condition. 

Kris was taken aback with the request but his girlfriend was faster to act. Jessica seemed to be dissatisfied with the condition that she stood up, right after her father told them the unacceptable words. "Papa, that's not fair! For me, it's too short! And you said that we can be together forever—” she grunted. 

  Kris decided to keep himself quiet, no matter how he agreed with her when he saw the unexpected calmness on her father's face. 
 
‘Are all vampire this calm?’ Kris silently questioned himself. 

  It made his uneasiness became much stronger. 

The old man shook his head, with the unreadable smile that  still plastered on his face. "Princess, I haven't finished yet. Now sit down and listen.” he gestured his hand, asking her to sit down and calm down. The old Jung then let out a small sigh. "What I mean here is there are two options. If your child is born as a vampire, I will let both of you be together forever but if he or she is born as a werewolf like him-" he pointed his index finger right to Kris's face. "Leave him. Leave both of them, your child and him, and don't ever think of finding her, Kris. That's my condition.”

  Jessica widen her eyes. “ No! Papa I can't do that! I love— ”

"DO AS I TOLD OR I WILL KILL THEM BOTH BY MY OWN HAND,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter