Chapter 13 (Final)

The Takeout Girl

Three days later, Jimin sat on the floor of their training room thinking about Ye Jin and what had happened between them. After he had come home from meeting Ye Jin and cried himself into exhaustion, Jin had told him to give her a couple of days. She was probably just feeling guilty and scared after what had happened. After two days he had sent her a text and tried to call her, but she never responded. Jin had told him to be patient. He hadn’t told his manager what had happened and the company had released a statement to say that he was in a relationship and that they hoped the fans would respect his privacy and support his relationship.

 

The announcement had received mixed feelings from the fans. Most of the fans supported Jimin in finding someone who made him happy, but there were still the crazy, obsessive fans that said that she wasn’t good enough for their oppa. The comments made Jimin furious, who were these strangers that didn’t even know him to decide who was good enough for him? He had already decided that he would visit the restaurant that night, he knew that she was supposed to be working so she wouldn’t be able to run away from him. He was sure that Mr Kim would be on his side as well.

 

 

When they were finally freed from practice and taken to back to the dorm, he headed straight to the restaurant, which was finally graffiti free. He slipped in through the back door where Mr Kim was cleaning. “Is Ye Jin here?” he asked desperately, his eyes darting around, hoping to catch a glimpse of her. “She quit.” Mr Kim said, his voice heavy with sadness. “What?” Jimin said, hoping that he had heard him wrong. “The day after those people trashed the place. She stuck an envelope of money and her resignation letter under the door.”

 

“No…” Jimin said, the colour draining from his face. “I called her and told her she was being stupid, but she said she felt so guilty that she couldn’t work here anymore. I took the money back to her but she just brought the envelope back and slipped it under the door again.” he said, a sharp laugh making its way out of his mouth. “So stubborn. She's just like her father.” He mumbled as he turned back to his cleaning.

 

Jimin felt lost. “She won't answer my calls either… what is she thinking?” he asked aloud, hoping Mr Kim would be able to answer him, but he remained quiet. “She’s feeling guilty for something that wasn’t even her fault!” he said angrily. “I need to talk to her.” he said before rushing out of the restaurant. He ran the whole way to her apartment, his lungs burning for oxygen when he finally arrived at her door. He banged loudly on the door, not caring if he bothered any of her neighbours.

 

After ten minutes of knocking and calling her, he finally gave up. He sent her another message, begging her to reply before he slowly made his way back to the dorm.

 

 

 

 

 

A few days later, Ye Jin was sorting out a display in the convenience store. Jaebum was watching her from the end of the aisle as she half-heartedly organised the stuff in front of her. Whenever he asked her about it, she told him that she was fine and forced a smile onto her face. He didn’t want to push her to talk about it if she didn’t want to, but he also didn’t want to see his friend hurting anymore.

 

A customer entered the store and he absentmindedly shouted out a ‘welcome’, not even bothering to turn around. He sighed as he checked the time, Ye Jin was due to finish in five minutes, but she looked like she didn’t even know she was awake, let alone that her shift was almost over. He sighed and walked down the aisle, stopping beside her and taking the tins out of her hand. She looked at her suddenly empty hands for a few seconds before turning to face him, looking exhausted and confused. “Your shift is over, go home.” He said gently, worry showing on his face.

 

She checked her watch, not believing that it was already time for her to go. “Oh, ok. Thanks Jaebum.” She said, her voice completely devoid of emotion as she slowly made her way to the staffroom to clock out. Jaebum sighed and finished stacking the shelves before heading back to the till. A customer came up to him but Jaebum hardly paid him any attention as Ye Jin shuffled her way out the door, giving him a half-hearted wave. “Get some rest, Ye Jin!” he yelled as she left the store. His customer took one look out of the window before tearing out of the store. Jaebum stood there, confused by the guy’s sudden action. He had completely abandoned his basket full of things. Jaebum shook his head as he dumped the items he had already scanned back into the basket.

 

 

Ye Jin made her way down the street, barely paying attention to where she was going. She had walked this street so many times that her feet instinctively knew where to take her. She let out a startled yelp as someone’s hand wrapped around her arm, spinning her around to face them. “Let go!” she shouted, looking around hoping that someone would hear her, but only the two of them were on the dark street at this time of night. “Ye Jin! It’s me!” She froze at the familiar voice. Jimin ripped off his mask, letting it drop to the ground as he stared at her.

 

“Jimin…” she said, her stomach doing funny little flips at seeing him again. It had only been a few days since they had last met, they had spent longer than this apart before but for some reason this separation had felt like years. “What are you doing here?” she asked, her arm still in his grip as if he was afraid she would run away if he let her go. “I heard that guy call your name then I saw you through the window… I can’t believe I found you! You haven’t been answering my calls or texts… I’ve been so worried about you.” He admitted, his grip tightening slightly on her arm, but it wasn’t uncomfortable. There was something strangely comforting about his grip on her. It’s as if his grip on her was keeping her grounded.

 

Her gaze dropped. She still felt incredibly guilty. She’d had time to think over her words and her actions and she had regretted the things she had said to him the last time they had been together, but she had no idea how to tell him that without him thinking that she was just playing with his feelings. “Jimin, I…”

 

“Please let me say something first!” he said quickly, cutting her off. “I know that you feel guilty for what happened with Mr Kim’s restaurant, but you know that wasn’t your fault, right? And about us… Ye Jin… I’m so sorry. I never meant for you to get hurt. I can’t imagine how you felt. I’m used to being in the public eye, and I’m used to these crazy fans doing stupid things like this… I should have protected you better. I’m so sorry.”

 

She shook her head. “Jimin, none of this is your fault. I was just so scared. When you said about the photographs, I thought I was going to lose you. Then what happened at uncle’s restaurant. I just felt so guilty and he was being so nice about it and it just made me feel a million times worse. I wanted him to yell at me or something but he just kept on saying that everything was going to be ok, then you kept on saying the same thing and I just snapped.” She said as tears began to roll down her cheeks. “I don’t even know why I said the things I did. I didn’t mean a single word of it. I love you, Park Jimin.”

 

Jimin pulled her tightly against him, their mouths meeting in a desperate kiss. He cupped her cheeks while her fingers gripped onto his arms. He could taste her tears but that didn’t stop him from biting her bottom lip, making her gasp at the sensation which gave him the opportunity to explore with his tongue. He completely dominated their kiss as they each poured their feelings into it. Both trying to express how much they had missed each other and how sorry they were.

 

He finally pulled away, his chest heaving as he tried to drag oxygen back into his lungs. “I love you too.” He whispered back. She laughed as he wiped away her remaining tears. “Can you forgive me for being an idiot?” she asked as he pressed another kiss to her lips. “There’s nothing to forgive.”

 

 

 

A week later, the boys walked through the doors of Sun restaurant, all happily waving and greeting a smiling Mr Kim who was busy preparing food in the kitchen. Ye Jin pulled up an extra chair for them with a smile. “The usual?” she asked, the boys all nodding and smiling at her. She grinned at them, her gaze lingering on Jimin who gave her a quick wink. She chuckled as she made her way into the kitchen to pass on their order to Mr Kim.

 

“Everything ok with you two now?” Namjoon asked Jimin while the others were lost in their own conversations. Jimin nodded, his gaze lingering on his girlfriend. “Yeah, we talked about everything and sorted it all out.” Namjoon nodded. “Good.” He said with a grin as Ye Jin brought them their side dishes. “Hey! Why does Jimin hyung’s have more than the rest of ours?” Jungkook whined. Jimin chuckled, “Because she's my girlfriend, not yours.” He said with a huge grin as he moved his side dishes away from Taehyung’s wandering chopsticks. Ye Jin laughed guiltily as she returned to the kitchen.

 

Despite their rough patch only a week ago, their relationship had actually become stronger. Many fans had come out to show their support for the two of them. They had already been given a ship name. YeMin. They even had a few fan clubs. A couple of girls had even stopped her on the street to tell her that they thought she was an inspiration because she had been able to start dating an idol. Ye Jin smiled to herself as she prepared the food for the seven hungry boys.

 

Several months ago she had been the one lucky enough to pick up the delivery to the Big Hit building. She couldn’t help but think about how lucky she was. If Jackson had been the one to do the deliveries that day, then she might never have met Jimin and the others. She peeked at their table, a smile on her face as she looked at her black haired boyfriend who was currently laughing at something Jungkook had said. Their relationship may not have been perfect, there were times when it was hard to meet and when they did meet, it had to be somewhere private, and dating Jimin meant that she had inherited six overprotective brothers as well, but despite all the hardships, the good things outweighed the bad and she couldn’t have been happier.

 

 


Author's Note

 

A massive thank you to everyone who has supported this story! I love each and every one of you! <3

L xxx