Chapter 3

Would U

The lunch ended with Taeyong received a call from someone and that caller asked him to go wherever it was right there and then.

Taeyong then excused himself after three spoonful of the baked rice he ordered for lunch. Seulhoon waved goodbye to the young boy and told him not to worry as Taeyong kept apologizing for having to leave early.

Seulgi only looked blankly at the man, she didn't even react when he said goodbye.

"That was mean," Seulhoon said. Seulgi rolled her eyes. She was not in the mood to talk with her brother. She's so irritated with everything she didn't know why.

They finished their lunch in silence and left the restaurant soon after. 

 

 


Eventually, Taeyong succeeded on getting Seulgi's number that he texted her that night. She didn't want to give her number at first but knowing she was trying to avoid from talking to him any longer she gave her number to him. Seulhoon didn't know this that time as he was still at the toilet, but Seulgi wasn't stupid. Taeyong definitely had told him.

'I hope we can be close friends' — some guy 

Yes, Seulgi had Taeyong saved as 'some guy' because she really didn't want to associate with him. 

'Yeah.' she replied. She was going to put 'whatever' but she didn't want to come off as mean so she didn't. She turned off the data and wifi connection and went off to finish her assignment. She had lots to care right now.

 


"Since summer is coming, do you guys have any plans?" Seungwan asked during their lunch. Seulgi looked up from her drawing pad and thought hard. Youngho did too.

"I'm going to find a job. I need to get some money," Seulgi said. She had been planning to get part-time job during the summer. She thought of getting her own money instead of still relying on her parents.

"Where to?" Seungwan asked as she sipping on her chocolate milkshake.

Seulgi shrugged and thought for a while. "Maybe at the mall... If not, I'll just go for convenience store." She turned to Youngho who was munching his lunch while being totally absorbed in his phone. "What about you, Seo Youngho?

Youngho looked up from his phone and nodded his head. "Yeah, I was going to find a job too. If I didn't have to stay for basketball practice, though." He turned off his phone and now focused on his food.

"Oooh... the tournament is in three months right?" Seulgi asked. 

"Two," Youngho corrected.

Seulgi and Seungwan exchanged looks. "It must be tough. Hang in there, Youngho!" cheered Seungwan. "You can do it!" Seulgi did the fighting gesture, with a very determined expression.

Youngho smiled and thanked the both of them for that.

"Honestly though, I've been thinking of quitting," Youngho said after a while which received such reactions from the girls.

"What!?" they both said at the same time.

"Why!?"

Youngho shrugged. "I'm thinking I'm not as good as I was before..." he said softly, his eyes didn't meet the girls. He kept looking down at his food, playing with it.

"That's rubbish!" said Seulgi. "You're the best basketball player in this university! Whoever thinks otherwise is stupid and don't deserve to be part of this university!" Seungwan agreed quickly and adding some other things on her behalf. 

Youngho chuckled. "Please, there are others—"

"If you quit, Seo Youngho, we'll be really sad," Seulgi cut him off. "We know you like this. You like playing basketball. So, please... don't think such thing like that anymore. Okay?"

Youngho sighed. He nodded his head.

 

During class, Seulgi couldn't stop thinking about Youngho and what he said during lunch earlier. It seemed like the boy's self-confidence had gone low at the moment. Something must have happened that he'd thinking of quitting. He never talked about quitting before. So why now?

Seulgi knew what kind of person Youngho was. They've known each other for a very long time now. What he looks like on the outside doesn't mirrored how he is on the inside.

He may be so tall and big and looked so manly and tough with all that muscles. But in all honesty, he was very soft and sometimes can be a bit sensitive. He's also shy, although he got along with everybody pretty well. He was hard working, never delayed his works or practices. He never gave excuses. He'd be there when you need him. He'd stay positive when he's with you, when he's cheering you up. 

But if you did something that would hurt his feelings, instead of blaming you, he'd blame himself. He always thought he was never good enough for everyone which was never true. He's always been good. It was just that, he didn't have enough confidence to believe in himself.

Seulgi couldn't let that happened to him. Youngho was so important to her. His happiness also herd. She wanted him to be happy all the time. She'll do something to cheer him up and gain some confidence.

Seulgi was so lost in her thoughts that Seungwan went to pinch her cheeks, bringing her back to reality. "Ow!" she exclaimed. "That hurts!"

"Earth to Seulgi," said Seungwan while poking Seulgi's cheeks. "I asked you, how are you going home today?" 

Seulgi blinked her eyes. "My brother, of course," she said while looking around the parking lot to find her brother (which amused her when did she arrive here?).

But instead of her brother, she saw someone else waiting by a car. A figure of the last man she ever wanted to meet. What is he doing here? she thoughts. 

Taeyong was busy fiddling with his phone that he didn't realize she was there. So, before he did, she hid herself behind of those cars in the area and pulled Seungwan with him. 

"What!?" Seungwan yelped but Seulgi quickly covered . Seungwan struggled to get her friend's palm off .

Seulgi put one finger on her own lips asking Seungwan to stay quiet. Seulgi turned and peeked if Taeyong was still there by his car and he was. She crouched back behind whose car this belonged to.

"What is it?" Seungwan half whispered once she got Seulgi's palm off. She was trying to look but was being pulled down again. She grunted.

What else could he be doing here? Surely that brother of hers sent him here. She didn't remember telling him where he studied. How else could he know? Her nose flared, her eyes burning with anger, she was sure her face was so red now. She told that to Seungwan who then tried to look again but unfortunately being pulled back. "What are you doing!? He'll see us!" Seulgi whispered angrily.

"Then what else should we do? Stay here until he leaves?" Seungwan whispered back. She wanted to go home!

"Let me think first! Calm down!" Seulgi said. 
Seungwan was mumbling stuff Seulgi didn't understand. She then joining on mumbling with her eyes close, trying to get ideas. After a minute, Seungwan went quiet. She tapped her friend's arm, shaking it, trying to make her shut up and open her eyes. But Seulgi was not having any of it. 

"Seulgi!" Seungwan had lost it and yelled.

"What!?" Seulgi yelled again and glared at her friend who was looking up past Seulgi. The latter gulped and slowly turned around. 

There stood Taeyong, with a smile on his face. He looked at the girls with amusement.

"Hello," he greeted nicely, then he bowed to them politely. 

Seungwan quickly followed suit.

"What are you two doing down there?" he asked, the smile didn't leave his face.

 

 

 

***

a/n: hello! I'm sorry that i havent been updating this for long time! honestly, I've lost any idea how else should i continue this but no worries! inspiration is coming slowly. Thank you for still keeping up with this fic. it's not that good but I'm thankful for you guys!!! I LOVE YOU!!! THANK YOU AGAIN and ENJOY!!

 

p/s: sorry for the very short chapter!! I'll work harder next time!!!