Chapter 1

Would U

"May I sit here?" Seulgi looked up from her phone and saw a man standing on the other side of the small round table. One of his hands was placed on the backrest of the empty chair. Seulgi nodded and smiled genuinely. She then put back on her earphones and listened to her favorite songs.

It was a busy day at the mall and Seulgi was lucky to find empty table to rest. She came to the mall straight after she finished her class. She was tired but she wanted to go somewhere to grab a lunch, she didn't know why she's sitting here under a big umbrella and playing with her phone instead of eating. 

The guy who was wearing a pair of sunglasses muttered a simple thanks and sat. He then rested his elbows on the table and buries his face in his palms. He looked tired but Seulgi just shrugged and continue looking through her phone. She continued browsing through the internet.

She didn't know how long had passed and how long they've been sitting together until she heard a muffled voice sounding something like, "Who is she?" and Seulgi removed the earphones and looked up after sensing a presence of a figure. There was a girl around her age dressing all nice and beautiful — and y — standing next to the young man. Seulgi never thought the man would still be sitting there. She thought he had left earlier.

"No one?" he said curtly with no emotion in his voice. He didn't even look at the girl, he had his forehead rested on his hand. Seulgi might thought he was sleeping. The girl whined while stomping her feet on the ground — Seulgi found that act was so annoying — and grabbed the guy on the arm. Seulgi tried to remain unbothered because she didn't know the two of them and didn't want to get involve in their love fight. She went back to her phone and turned up the volume of the music a little louder. 

"Please cut it out," she heard the guy said distinctively and then she caught a movement from the corner of her eyes and the two of them left already. She looked up to see the back of the girl trying to catch up with the guy who walked super fast as if trying to get away from the girl.

Seulgi snorted a little. Do couples always this dramatic, she asked herself.

 

 

***

 

 

"So where did you go yesterday?" Seulgi looked up from her drawing book and saw Seungwan was sitting acrossed her with her chin in her hands. She had that sneaky smile on her that made Seulgi felt odd. It's like Seulgi was doing something and was hiding it from her.

"The mall?" she answered curtly before going back to her book. 

"And...?" Seungwan sang.

"And?" Seulgi repeated but she only said it shortly.

"With Youngho?" 

Seulgi snorted and burst out laughing after hearing his name. "Youngho? Why would I go to the mall with him?" Seungwan shrugged.

"I don't know. Aren't you two like BFF. You two do things together."

Seulgi chuckled. She can't live after hearing those words coming out from Seungwan's mouth. "No, Wannie. We are BFF, not me and him. We — you and me — do things together. Okay?"

Seungwan pouted before her lips forming a smile. Seulgi went back to her drawings and then she told Seungwan about what happened yesterday at the mall. The girl laughed so hard after that. "Did the girlfriend thought you were his scandal or something?" she asked between laughter.

Seulgi nodded, she said with a smile, "It was funny. He was only sat there to rest but she then came being all jealous and stuff. Then he left, she was at his tail, catching up."

"Oh god. I can't imagine if I become like that too," Seungwan replied. They both laughed.

As they were laughing, someone sneaked behind Seulgi and grabbed her on the neck by the arm. Seulgi screamed — she gained other people's attention — while Seungwan kept on laughing. She then stood up to stop Youngho from strangling Seulgi to death.

He laughed and sat next to Seulgi, he still had his arm around her shoulders. "You okay?" he asked.

Seulgi elbowed Youngho on the stomach, but not too hard. "You shocked me! What if I had a weak heart?! You want to be responsible for everything?!"

He chuckled, "You don't have a weak heart, that's why I did that to you." Seulgi rolled her eyes. Youngho turned to Seungwan and asked, "What did you two were laughing about? I could hear you guys from the 3rd floor."

"We were laughing about you," Seungwan said with a smirk. 

"What? Why?" he asked, confused and insulted.

"Because you're stupid, that's why," Seulgi replied instantly which resulted her to straggled by neck again by him. This time, she laughed so hard along with the other two.


***


The three of them were walking together out of the campus building when Seulgi suddenly turned to face her friends. "My brother's here," she pointed over her shoulder with her thumb. There was a man who looked exactly like her but slightly older was sitting on his car's boot. He seemed to be talking on the phone.

"See you tomorrow, Seulgi!" Seungwan chirped happily while waving her hands excitedly.

"See you!" Seulgi replied the same. "Bye, Youngho."

The tall man waved her once and she left the two of them at the doorway. As she made her way to her brother, she could hear his laugh across the yard. She rolled her eyes. What's so funny?

"So you finally dumped her? After almost two years of dating?" she heard her brother said with amusement once she's a few feet away from him. He barked out a laughter again while shaking his head. Seulgi stood facing him with her arms crossed. Just how long was she going to stand here? She nudged her brother in the arm, the latter looked up once before gesturing her to get in first. Seulgi rolled her eyes and went inside the car. She heard her brother let out another bark of laugh.

The thing is, Seulgi could just go home taking the bus. But, ever since she met a flasher, her parents made her jobless brother to drive her to college and home. It's not like Seulgi didn't like her brother to drive her but he always delaying and sometimes would purposely being late. 

"A friend of yours just broke up?" she asked once her brother's inside and putting on his seatbelt. It's not that she cared but she's just annoyed at her brother.

Putting on the ignition, her brother hummed. "Yup. He called me and whined about it. What a baby." Seulgi made a face. They went quiet on the ride until at a red light her brother spoke. "You want to meet him?" 

Seulgi grimaced. "Why would I?" she asked.

"Because he's single, you're single. It'll be cute if the two of you are together." That got him being hit hard on the arm.

"Say something like that, it'll be your head," Seulgi warned.

"Oh, come on. He's a nice guy! Plus, isn't it like the time you get yourself a boyfriend?" her brother started to drive again with a pain on his right arm.

Seulgi was lost for words. She didn't know what to say. "I do have boyfriend?"

Her brother snorted. "Don't make me laugh. You don't."

"I do!" she yelled a bit.

"Who? That American guy? Stop joking. He's not even that interested in you," her brother said in a mocking tone. Seulgi would never understand why her brother never believed her whenever she told him that Youngho was her boyfriend. Okay, it's obviously a lie but she wanted him to believe her so that he'd stop trying to match her with one of his friends.

"It's up to you to believe it or not," she said under her breath and turned to look out of the window. She missed the smirked on her brother's lips, meaning he won again this time.

 

***

 

It's not like she liked Youngho or having such romantic feelings on him. It's just that, they're that close that she wanted people to believe that they're something so they'd all leave her alone and stop bothering her by asking her out or trying to match her with someone she didn't like or knew in the first place.

She told Youngho about this one time amd his respond was, "Why don't we date for real?" which had her laughing so hard her cheeks hurt. She's not going to date anyone until she graduated, that's the promise she made to herself. Besides, seeing how her friends were being hurt after breaking up traumatized her. She didn't want to go through the same phase.

 

 

"Hello," a female voice greeted her from her side. She was at the vending machine, getting herself a cold coffee. She turned to her side and saw a girl who she didn't know standing there face full of enthusiast. 

"Yes... May I help you?" Seulgi asked with a soft voice while clutching the cold coffee can.

"I just want to ask you if you're really close with Johnny Seo," the girl replied fast. And upon hearing Youngho's English name, Seulgi held back a smile because those who weren't close with him called him Johnny.

"Y-yeah. We are friends for a very long time. Why?"

The girl smiled widely. "Nothing. Just curious. Send my hello to him, okay?" After that she left Seulgi in a blink.

 

 


'You got another fan.' - Seulgi.

She texted Youngho right away after the girl left her at the vending machine. She couldn't see him as he didn't have any classes today, so he probably enjoying his free time at the internet cafe.

'Who' - Youngho. He replied some minutes later.

'A freshman, I think' - Seulgi.

'Is she cute?' - Youngho.
Seulgi rolled her eyes. Men. 
 

'Obviously. Even I fall for her.' - Seulgi.
 

'Hahahaha. Are you jealous?' - Youngho.

'You wish!' - Seulgi.

 

 


Youngho smiled as he read the text from her. She's so adorable. What did he do to deserve someone as adorable as she was.

"Why are you smiling like that all alone? It's creepy" Doyoung asked.

Johnny put down his phone and continue eating his lunch. He shrugged his shoulders as the answer to Doyoung's question.

"Your girlfriend texted you?" the latter asked again.

"Yeah," Youngho answered in a small happy voice. "My girlfriend." The smile on his face never fade.

 

 

***

a/n: hello! sorry for not updating. i thought this chapter is boring. IM SORRY!! I'll work harder for the next chapters. THANK YOU FOR READING SUBSCRIBING AND COMMENTING!!! LOVE YOU!!