Just Us Two

※ Only Us'

It was the first time he was alone with his baby boy.

He had told his girlfriend that it would be okay and that he could handle being alone with their baby for a few hours. But deep inside he was nervous, afraid that he would mess it up.

She had been doubting if she could leave him alone with such a big responsibility- but she remembered that he is the father and that he would have to learn how to handle these kinds of things himself. So after she had explained everything- she had to go, leaving Hyojong in the care of their few month old son.

So far the little boy had been sleeping the entire morning, making Hyojong check on his child every so often to see if he was okay. The fact that his baby was peacefully sleeping in another room made him nervous. When his girlfriend was pregnant he read a lot of horrible stories on what can happen, not that his son was premature.

Sleep was taking over his body since he had a rough night, little Hechan had been keeping them up all night. Hyojong was buried under a layer of blankets as his eyes started to close- finally being able to sleep. 

But that moment didn't last for long. From Hechan's room he heard the familiar crying noises- which made him groan as he got up. 

He almost dragged his body to Hechan's room to see what the little boy needed. Hyojong wasn't sure if Hechan needed his bottle or if he just needed some attention- he didn't read his girlfriend's list all the way through so he was clueless, just like she had feared.

"Hechan, hi there baby" Hyojong said, mimicking his girlfriend.

Hechan started to chuckle as he kicked his little legs while laying in his crib. It made Hyojong smile to see his child so happy, seeing Hechan smile made him forget about the sleepless nights he got in return for a son. He immediately forgot that he was tired.

"Come Hechan, let's see if mommy left anything behind. If we're lucky then maybe she left some pasta" he said before picking up his son.

The little guy smiled at his father as they walked through the house- for Hyojong in search of food.

But the first thing he noticed when he entered the kitchen was the yellow note on the fridge. He squeezed his eyes into slits as he walked towards it, trying to figure out if it had been there this morning.

"Hyohyo, remember; Hechan doesn't eat our food yet. He's still a baby!" he read out loud, making him chuckle. Of course he knew that Hechan didn't eat like them yet. "Also, when he wakes up he needs his bottle. Don't wake him up for it! It's 150 ml water- warm it in the microwave, then add 5 spoons of formula... don't forget Kim Hyojong!".

Hyojong put the note down as he looked around. She had out everything that he would need out on the counter. Hechan's bottle, the formula- it was all there and ready to be used.

"Well then little guy, let's make you a bottle" Hyojong said.

Hechan only smiled at him.

With his son on his arm, Hyojong tried to make Hechan's bottle. Which was hard since he could barely open the formula and the microwave. But he managed to make Hechan's bottle, with a sigh he took a seat on the couch. Ready to give his son his bottle.

But Hechan had different plans as he kept trying to grab his father's finger. Which made Hyojong chuckle, but after a few minutes he only wanted his son to finally drink his bottle.

As soft yawn escaped from his lips, trying to stay awake until his girlfriend comes home so they can switch.

"Hechan come on, drink up. Please baby" he begged his son as he lifted the bottle again- realising his father's frustration, little Hechan opened his mouth as he eagerly started to drink his bottle.

Hyojong smiled, he finally managed to give his son his bottle. Maybe all of this wasn't as hard as he had expected it to be.

His girlfriend can manage doing this alone while he was away, then he could be able to do all of this on his own.

With a smile he kissed his son's forehead, "you're one of the best things that happened to me, the other is your mother" he said.

Hechan was done drinking when Hyojong wanted to put his son in a box, but his son had a different plan as he started to cry.

"No no, please Hechan don't cry" he called out but it didn't seem to work

Feeling tired - he ruffled his hair. Not knowing what to do or knowing why he ed crying. 

"Come on, please Hechan don't cry or else I'll cry too" came out of his mouth, feeling a little frustrated.

"Aww are you making daddy cry" he suddenly heard from the hallway.

He looked behind him to see his girlfriend standing there, she smiled at him as she approached him. Hyojong looked down at his son, who was now only sobbing. With his finger he gently wiped away the tears from Hechan's eyes.

"How did it go" she asked as she took a seat beside him, making silly faces for Hechan.

Hyojong scratches the back of his neck, "well, up until now everything was going great. You probably summoned something to make him cry".

She started to laugh as she took Hechan from his arms. "Yes from miles away I told him to cry, you're such a dork" she smiled.

"Yeah" he said softly, smiling as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

She leaned back against him as they were both looking down at their little boy- who was now looking up at them in confusion. 

Hyojong kissed her on her temple, "I'm glad you're home again, Hechan is a lot of work" he said with a sigh.

His girlfriend only chuckled- knowing that even though he said their son is a lot of work, he still liked the alone time he had with Hechan.

But she kept quiet, wanting to enjoy their moment together.