Don't Leave

DON'T LEAVE

 

 

“Donghae, please!”

 

A girl around her early twenties was begging to the guy in front of her. She had teary eyes as she was waiting for the guy to speak. The guy looked straight into her pair of pathetic eyes. She was indeed very beautiful. Her long blonde hair, fair-coloured skin and perfect S-line made other boys gone drooling. But that were not Donghae’s concerns. He just wanted to clear things up.

 

“Jessica, you have got everything wrong since the first day we met. I never declare that we are a couple or so. We didn’t even know each other much,” Donghae explained.

 

Her heart sank. She did messed things up when she told her friends that Donghae the famous guy asked her out. The real thing was, Donghae just greeted her with his ever y fishy smile. Jessica bragged about it and accidently spilled out stuff that never happened. She then kept being in her own imaginative world and followed Donghae all around, for almost three years. He was busy with his studies that he never had the chance to care about it. When Donghae finally got himself a real girlfriend, who he truly loves, he decided to have a talk with Jessica.

 

Donghae continued, “I really need you to understand my situation. I am not meant for you. I believe there must be a perfect guy for you, a better one than me.”

 

She could not hold her tears anymore and let it out to prove her feelings. Her sight was getting blurred when she noticed that Donghae’s figure started to move away.

 

“Donghae, please don’t leave me.”

 

Jessica held him tight by his arm. Donghae calmly turned to face her and patted her head. Jessica was stunned by his touch and she slowly loosed her grip on him. Donghae left without any other word.

 

He just had only one girl in his mind right now. Lily.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

                “Where are we going?”

 

                “Lunch, of course.”

               

                “Isn’t it too early? It’s just 10.”

 

                “Well, I have something to do before lunch. And I need you with me.”

 

                “Just tell me, where are we heading to?”

               

Lily was getting all curious about Donghae’s plan. A really shining bright smile was drawn on his face while he looked at her through the tail of his eyes.

 

“Don’t look at me like that!”

 

“Like what? You don’t like it or you loved it?”

 

Donghae grinned and Lily could do nothing but blushed. Donghae held her smooth little hand. Lily almost lost her walking steps but she could not denied, that she really liked the warmth feeling. It was not that long since they have been in relationship. They had known each other long enough though, since middle school. During the early days, they thought nothing of each other. Never in their wildest dream, love is an option.

 

They continued walking until an ice-cream shop can be seen in their way. Donghae stopped right in front of it.

 

“Lily, wait here. I’m going in and I’ll be back in a while.”

 

Lily’s sweet face turned expressionless after she heard that. She felt uneasy all of a sudden. Why do I need to wait here, she thought.

 

“Bring me along.”

 

“Don’t worry. It’ll take no time. I’ll be really fast.”

 

Donghae just turned his back to her when she called again.

 

“Hae-ah!”

 

He looked at her.

 

“Please don’t leave me.”

 

“No, I’m not leaving you. I promise you I’ll be quick.”

 

Donghae lightly took a peck on her cheek before dashing into the shop. He actually planned on giving Lily a surprise. The day after tomorrow is Lily’s birthday but he will not be able to celebrate with her coz he had super-packed lecture classes the whole day.

 

Lily was getting more anxious standing alone outside the ice-cream shop. She was sweating hard. She was thinking about what made her felt weird when later she thought, he could do nothing if she just get into the shop.

 

Just after she took her first step to walk into the shop, she heard a girl’s voice calling out her name.

 

“Lily!”

 

She wanted to look over for that shaky voice of the girl but everything further was cut off from her memories.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

                Donghae was frozen. People started to surround a lifeless body on the ground. Blood stained her pink Minnie Mouse T-shirt, a really familiar one to Donghae. Coz he was wearing the other pair, a blue one with Mickey Mouse. Donghae unwillingly moved towards her, ignoring others. He kneed beside her and properly put down the ice-cream cake he bought just now. He looked bluntly at her, and it was really her.

 

                “Lily?”

 

                He caressed her face and tears escaped from his eyes. He placed her head on his lap and began shaking her.

 

“Lily, what happened to you? Wake up! I’m back. Please wake up!”

 

He yelled random things to the people, asking about what just happened. Few people express their apology and he heard the word ‘gun’, ‘girl’ and ‘shot’. His mind was puzzled. Shot? She was killed? Who would want to kill his Lily? A man suddenly came out to them from the crowd and took out his fingers on Lily’s wrist. Probably checking her pulse.

 

“The ambulance is on their way. But sir, I’m really sorry...She’s dead.”

 

 He looked deep into the man’s eyes, asking for him to change his words. Donghae did not know the guy but his words sounded so right. His heart pleaded to make this only a nightmare. He closed his eyes shut hoping to be on his bed when he opened it again. It remained hope. He was still there. He could not see her sweet beautiful smile anymore. Even her small sparkling eyes were gone. Is he being punished?

 

He looked up to the sky in tears, almost losing his sane. He almost forgot how to breathe. He took Lily near his chest and hugged her tight. He could then feel the warm fluid on his shirt. He looked around to nowhere as if he was searching for someone to help wake his Lily up. It happened at that very moment. Through empty spaces of the crowd, he caught the sight of Jessica beside a lamp post, about five metres from them. She was holding...a gun.

 

Donghae couldn’t breathe.

 

“Lily, I’m sorry. Please don’t leave me.”

 

END                                                                         

*********************************************************

 

A/N : And so I've been waiting for almost a year to post this. The trailer maker failed to produce this fanfic's trailer, I don't know what's the problem.

 

THANKS for reading my fanfic!

I just couldn't avoid from killing people in my story..kekeke ^^

How's the poster? And how's the story? Please comment. If you don't, you might be the next victim ..

 

Credits to SaMaNtHa of VanillaSky for the poster!