My Caring Teacher

Scares

01-08-17
Dear diary,

I am sure I've written this a lot of times but I'm still going to write it down. There's one and one thing only that makes me look forward to each day.

A special young man to be exact.

Well, he isn't special as in have super powers or born a genius but a hard worker.

Oh diary, did I say that I am feeling sorry, for worrying him so much?

I stared blankly at my bedroom ceiling. Today wasn't the same as usual. Usually I would've rolled out of bed and wash up but I didn't feel like doing so today. All I wanted was to sleep. And sleep. And sleep. My whole body felt heavy, as if I didn't have the strength to carry myself to the bathroom. I placed my right hand on my forehead, still looking upwards. And soon, fell into slumber again.

'Morning! Rise and shine, my student!' A text message was delivered.

My lips curved up slightly. Just seeing the text made my mood better. I turned towards the side of my bed.

Never did I know that I would end up lying on the floor.

I questioned myself endlessly. That shouldn't have happened. I should have been on my feet. Not lying on the cold bare floor.

I struggled, and struggled. What I felt was real. My body felt heavier than usual. It was hard to push myself up but somehow, I did.

Walking is a light breeze, isn't it? It doesn't take much effort, does it?

I swallow those. It took a massive amount of effort. All I wanted was to lie down, to lean against something.

I took my toothbrush and toothpaste from the sink table and sank onto the floor, back pressed against the closed door.

Every small action was hard-
horrible. Doing nothing would be better than moving.

But I had to get going. I changed and waited patiently for my teacher to fetch me.

'I've reached your doorstep, where are you? Take your time if you're still washing up, I'm slightly early today :)'

He never told me to hurry. He always took it at my pace.

Slowly, I supported myself to his car, hoping to seem as natural as possible.

"Good morning!" he greeted me and took my bag from my hands.

He paused slightly and looked at me in horror. He held my hands again for a longer period of time now and concernly asks, "Ji Hyo, oh god. You're hot, I think you better stay home today."

I pulled my hand away from his, and argued back, "It's slightly colder today so I the heater. Stoodin front of it. That's why... I assure you that it'll go in a moment."

I listened to my words, that was terrible. I told myself. He isn't that dumb to fall for that.

Quickly, I invited myself inside his car. My legs, they felt sore. Nothing good would have came out if I stayed out longer, standing.

"Let's go oppa, or else we'll be late."

His brows curved in worry.

"Alright."

He dropped me at the usual place.

" I'll see you in school," he hugs me and gives me a kiss on the cheek.

As soon as he drove off, I slumped to my knees. My body ached even more. Every cell and muscle in my body was practically screaming to me to stay there forever. But I needed to move, or he would get worried.

I slapped myself on the face and moved.

"Jong Kook," those words slipped out of me mouth by accident as I walked passed my teacher.

'Oh god oh god. I'm so dead!' My already bad posture turned even worse. I wasn't suppose to be calling him by his name.

I turned my head slightly, afraid to look at his eyes. He must be mad. Furious. Crossed. Enraged. Pissed. Or any words that described anger. My eyes dare not meet his.

I could hear my name being said in a low grow.

I swallowed my saliva and stopped in my tracks for a second before continuing. 'Congrats Ji Hyo. You have just stepped into the predator's cage. Your time is as good as up.'

I took a seat and tilted my head slightly towards the left. 'Oh god. Oh god. I'm really asking for death today...'

My eyes met Jong Kook's for shorter than a second as I quickly looked away.

I locked eyes with him again.

What?

His eyes showed happiness. Relief.

"Okay class. There are no admin matters for today. You may do your whatever you wish."

"Just not GETTING OUT OF YOUR SEAT!" he adds.

Upon hearing that, I immediately buried my head with my arms on the table and closed my eyes.

A pair of eyes never left my sight.

"Ji Hyo!" I heard one of my classmates shout, "You okay?"

I nodded my head.

It was filled with worry. Jong Kook. He has been looking at me.

I sat up and walked towards him with a piece of paper and pen.

"I'm fine alright." I whisper, while using my pen to point to the empty sheet of paper, pretending to be asking a question.

He grabbed my hand which was by my side squeezed it.

"The fact that even your hand is burning till now shows that it's not alright!" he says in a soft but agitated whisper.

"Right..." I mumble and looked down. He was right.

"Thank you for your help." I bow after we finished to appear like he was really helping me.

He clap his hands twice. "Okay class, free time is over. It's my lesson now, please pay attention!"

My eyes met Jong Kook's, pleading 'Can I rest my head on the table?'

He smiled and so I did.

"Sorry, but could you please off the big fans please. It's a little noisy." Jong Kook asks the person nearest to the switch.

"Of course Sir."

I thanked Jong Kook so much in my heart. It was freezing cold. My body stopped shivering.

I closed my eyes for a moment and never did I knew I ended up dosing off for a minute or two.

I awaken, hearing an angry Jong Kook shouting at the class.

It seems that the class was misbehaving.

I heard murmurs filling the room.

'My, Mr Kim sure has a temper.'

'Yeah... I wonder if he is special, that he has his period.'

'I agree. He just flared up at us. We just didn't know an answer.'

My blood boiled. My boyfriend is the best person ever. He doesn't flare up for no good reason!

"I'm sorry...I lost it for a while there..." he apologised to the class.

'He must be.'

'Mood swings!'

'Definitely a special one.'

'True. Mood swings for sure!'

Everything seemed to have gone wrong and it was because of me. I knew something was wrong. His voice. His face. His actions. They told me everything.

He wasn't just worried. Worried about me.

I raised my hand and asked, "Mr Kim, may I go to the washroom please?"

I needed to go away quickly. I couldn't stand the whispering much longer.

"Yes, of course."

I got up of my seat and began walking weakly to the front door.

As I walked, my vision started blurring. Slowly being covered. Then, everything went black.

Jong Kook's POV

I saw Ji Hyo's body moving from side to side as she walked. It was like she was....drunk... and before I knew it, she began falling sideways.

Instinctively, I rushed to her side and caught her.

Her eyes were shut tight as I placed my palm on her forehead.

"Call the ambulance, she's burning up!" I shouted urgently to the student, urging him to grab my cell.

"Ji Hyo... you're gonna be alright... you got to be..." I whisper as soft as I can.

A student passed me a handkerchief and a bottle of water. Worry, fear, concern took over me.

Back to Ji Hyo's POV, at the hospital

"Ji Hyo... Ji Hyo.... please wake up. Please... you're scaring me.... I hate to see you like this. You're frightening me... I'm about to lose my if you aren't going to wake up soon.... please love...." I felt a familiar voice ring in my ear as a pair of muscular hands gripped mine tightly.

I tried to open my eyes but it didn't but work. I didn't have the strength to do so.

I wanted to tell him so much that I'm fine.

Suddenly, I felt soft lips touch mine. The scent. I recognised it immediately. Jong Kook. He was telling me to wake up, to not worry him any longer.

He gave me strength.

I opened my eyes slowly, and saw Jong Kook looking at me with tears streaming down his cheeks.

"You're awake...thank god.... you worried me to death love... don't scare me like that... please...."

"What...happened?"

"You fainted. You had a freaking high fever." His tone changed immediately and began to reprimand me.

"I'm....I'm..sorry..."

"Don't be.... I'm just glad you're awake now. Rest. You need it, you still have a mild fever..."

His head closed the gap between us and he pressed his lips against mine gently. This time, filled with warmth and relief. Thank you, it was saying.

And so diary, this is how I scared him... I vow that won't ever happen again.