✨Yearning

Strange Magic: BTS Begins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung sighed, walking down the hallways with a down mood towards the gardens of the Academy. It had been days since the incident about Taela’s disappearance. The student council were planning their next move regarding the problem and he was just there, on his own with nobody to talk with.

Maybe it was because Jungkook didn’t trust him enough to tell him that he was a prince, or maybe because he just missed his cat. He just felt out of place. When they were throwing lines inside the office, he seemed to be the only one who never knew a thing. Plus, there was the fact that he thought that there was some sort of attachment between Jungkook and him yet the younger didn’t trust him at all.

He laid there on the grass, inside the gardens of the school with a pathetic groan. He clicked his tongue and just looked up at the sky, appreciating the white and cotton-like clouds, spotting in them different shapes. He chuckled slightly as he imagined a duck, trying to lift himself up by imagining different things as he looked up. He had that desire to just forget about everything that was unpleasant and let calmness reign over him.

The last time he had a full conversation with Jungkook was when he just found out about his status and the following days were just a bunch of awkward silences and when Jungkook asked something about random stuff. He had been avoiding him—but then who was he to throw a tantrum, besides, it wasn’t like Jungkook—a prince—would care about a simple mage like him.

He closed his eyes, recalling everything that had happened the other day. It was something he couldn’t forget. He sat up and ruffled his hair. He had that debate whether to go to his classes or not but then his body and mind were not in the mood today so he plopped back down, closing his lids once again. He hummed softly and soon he felt something wet on his forehead.

His eyes fluttered open, looking up at a grey furred cat with dreamy and beautiful blue eyes. He wasn’t in the right condition to react at the moment so it took him minutes to beam and hug the cat tightly. “Turnip!” He exclaimed as the cat practically scowled, feeling suffocated at the sudden act. Turnip meowed to which Taehyung understood immediately, letting go of it soon as she complained.

“Spit it,” she raised her paw, gently climbing up his lap so she could caress his cheeks. Taehyung shook his head and placed her down on the grass, Turnip’s expression immediately turning upside down. “There is obviously something that is bothering you, you brat.” The cat simply meowed at the end, making Taehyung scrunch up his nose. He was somehow bothered by the fact that Turnip suddenly appeared, he had so many questions about where she had been but then, interrupted by the cat’s hissing.

“It’s nothing major, just… Disappointed.” He looked up, remembering Jungkook’s crestfallen face the moment he stepped away.

“Of what?”

“Of Jungkook,” Taehyung heard that annoying high-pitched laugh—almost the same of a witch’s. The cat immediately jumped on his shoulder, resting there with a satisfied sigh emitting from her small mouth.

“I told you that small boy is very troublesome! You should listen to your cat for once, my instinct is better than yours!” She made a small ‘tsk’, her tail swinging and twirling around. She soon made that cocky grin that Taehyung didn’t really seem to notice until he flicked her forehead. The cat growled slightly before jumping off of him.

“Well, he’s not that bad,” he shrugged. At that moment, he didn’t know what to say or comment about the younger since he had been trying to forget about the incident.

“Not that bad.” She scoffed. “And what seems to be the problem, hm? ”

“Well, I just found out that he was a prince and—”

The cat meowed softly, sneering. “A prince? He doesn’t look like one. If I were to judge him by his looks he would look like some bratty boy from a small village. Just like you Tae, I’m not surprised though.” She hummed, earning a groan from Taehyung.

“You’re not helping,” he whined, plopping down on the grass. Soon, Taehyung felt a weight on his chest, assuming it was Turnip.

“Well I don’t see the problem, so what if he’s the prince? Does that change anything?”

“That’s not my point, everyone knew and he didn’t tell me anything. I was expecting for him to come to me first—it’s not like I’m that important, but he should’ve at least told me! I looked stupid inside the office the other day, I was looking for answers and I was the only one confused,” he frowned, his voice quivering a little. He covered his eyes with his arms, inhaling sharply. “He’s the prince and I’m just a commoner. It changes everything…”

The cat mewled, wrapping her tail around Taehyung’s hand to comfort him. “Well, for me, it doesn’t matter whether he tells you early or not. Maybe, he was just scared.”

Taehyung didn’t want to talk anymore, suddenly that pang of guilt blooming on his chest, and it felt so new to him. He didn’t know why he was acting this way, it was confusing in a way that made him frustrated. Instead of replying back to Turnip’s comment, he just hanged his arm over his eyes, still feeling down even when he had released his feelings.

 

 

Seokjin stood in front of the headmistress with a straightened posture, yet hands were hidden behind, fumbling out of nervousness. Today was the day that she got to decide whether to send them out or not, since their life could be on the line as well. She couldn’t be selfish and send out her students and put them in danger. She sighed deeply, hands balled on the table as he looked up at the man. “Mr. Kim can I trust you?” His eyes widened at the question, a bit surprised since  the headmistress had always trusted him. “I’m not questioning your abilities, I’m just asking you if you can handle the lives of six people. You are the president, and you must take responsibility in what they do during your mission. It is dangerous for mages like us, one wrong move and eyes would be following you.” She finally gave the files they needed, things about her daughter and the book of spells that contained about defense magic.

“W-Wait, six?”

“Did you not hear me?” She arched an eyebrow.

“I know madam but who—”

“Namjoon, Yoongi, Hoseok, Jimin, Jungkook, Taehyung—basically almost everyone here the other day.”

The headmistress was about to tell him more info when he suddenly exclaimed, “Taehyung?”

“Yes, is there a problem?”

“Well, what does Taehyung got to do with this—this whole thing?”

“Taehyung can speak with animals, the other day I can tell that it was a big hound that trashed the room, and I feel that it got to do something with Taela’s disappearance.” The headmistress stood up and went to her closet, she seemed to be looking for something. Her eyebrows furrowed and it suddenly made Seokjin worried for some reason. His stomach flipped upon hearing the elder’s exclamation. “Ah! Perfect!” She excitedly went up to Seokjin to show him a violet and velvety sack that had a golden ribbon attached to it.

“What’s this?” Seokjin simply asked as the headmistress opened it, turning it upside down until seven small orbs the size of pebbles came rolling out on her hand. They were shiny, a small blue hue of light emitting from its core. Seokjin stared at it in awe—must be a special type of gem.

“Hestia stones.” Seokjin arched an eyebrow upon hearing the name, but the headmistress just ignored him. “Very delicate, they are to take you home whenever and wherever you are.” She placed the orbs inside the sack and pulled the ribbon to keep it tight. She handed it to Seokjin and he imme

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter