You're Still The One

You're Still The One

I'm just a teen when I fell for her
I thought it's just merely a crush that will go away as soon as I grew up
But I realize later on that it's more than a crush
I.... I already fell head to toe to her
I don't even know what the reason that make me fall for her
Maybe because she look cool in her basketball jersey while she's playing with her buddy
Maybe because the way she squint her eyes when the sun shines on her when she's taking a nap under the tall dark oak tree
Maybe because how focus she is when she read her chemistry book
Maybe how she's so gentle toward everyone that make most girl drool for her and the guys admire her, well some of them envy her...  
Who wouldn't when their own girlfriend are drolling on her too
 

But even with all the attention that the she earn, it's a bit weird for most people even me when she's never seen with anyone else...

I mean intimately... 
 

At that time I thought that she's waaaaaay out of my league and so I've never even once dare to dream that she will become my friend....

 

 

Not till that day

 


I was walking near the oak tree when I saw her sitting and rummaging her black Nike bag...
"Where's that thing when I need it?? Dang it.." Should I greet her? But she's seem busy searching for 'that thing'...
"Urm.. Hello?" Her slams down to the ground ,startled when I greet her... Oh my gosh, her left forehead was bleeding!!!
"What happen to your head?" I immediately kneel down and inspect her injury... It seems bad I must say
"I...I... I fell..." I must admit, this stuttering side of her is kind of cute... Maybe because this is the first time we ever interact except for the accidental glances and awkward smile before this...
"It's okay... Do you have any bandages? Or alcohol swabs?" Soon after I said that, I realize how stupid my question is... How do I expect she's bringing anything like that as if she some kind of doctor or what.. Stupid stupid stupid!!!
"Urmm.. I was searching for the swabs actually but I didn't find it..." She scratch her head shyly.. Why are you so damn cute!! Behave dear self behave!!
"Oh.. Sorry...urmm.. I think I had one.. Wait a minute" I runmage my bag like I'm searching for the most valuable treasure... Where is it.. I know I put it somewhere... Aha!! Found it!! I tear the cover and carefully pull it out... 
"This gonna hurt a bit.." I gently swabs the alcohol at her forehead... 
"Uh uh ouch!!" She winced a bit as she tried to bear the pain.. I'm sorry ╥﹏╥
"S-sorry... Does it hurt?" Of course it hurts.. Why do I keep on asking stupid question?? T_T
"Hehe.. A bit... But I guess it's better now... Thank you..." I look at her as she stand up, ready to leave the place... Did she hate me?? She don't even bother to wait for me to stand up.. I lowered my head as I can feel her distance getting farther and farther when suddenly she close the distance between us by running to me and bring her face near me...
"Say... Would you like to have a coffee with me? As a token for what you did before?"
And that's is the start of our friendship...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tom and Jerry.. That's what our friend called us... Because we always quarrel and bickering even about the smallest thing, but I didn't mind at all.. Because I rather to quarrel with her than to have none at all... Stupid isn't it??? But I really didn't mind it as long as I'm always near her...

But one thing that I'm really afraid of right now is my feeling.. Sometimes I wish I could control my heart and stop the feeling from growing,but I'm getting fond of her that sometimes I felt suffocated by it... I'm scared... I'm scared then when she know what I feel for her, she will distance herself from me... Befriending with her also mean I'm seeing a lot of girl as well as boys who confessed to her and I admit, I was jealous because they have the courage that i wish I had... But, even when the most prettiest girl or good looking guy confess to her, she end up rejecting every single one of them that sometimes make me feel that she already have someone, someone who perfectly matched her and her prestigious reputation, she's a daughter of a billionaire business man after all... And maybe that's why, that's why I never had a courage to tell her how I feel about her... Being friend with her is enough, I don't want to ask for more... Till she meet him...


"Who is this?"
"I am Myungsoo..Krystal's friend"
"Oh... Hai.. I'm Minho, this is my buddy, Amber.."
She shake hand with Myungsoo but I don't know whether it's just my imagination or she seems to be uncomfortable with him... I brought Myungsoo with me today because he just transfered from Seoul to here as an exchange student... Myungsoo chit chat with Minho for awhile but she... She distant herself as she busy herself doing her three point shoot but weirdly, she missed every single shot when I know, heck everybody knows, 3 pointer shoot is her expertise...  After her last shot, she come and sit beside Minho but she didn't even bother to look or talk with me like she always do...What's really on her mind??
"So Myungsoo... Are you Krystal's boyfriend?" I almost fell down to the ground when Minho suddenly ask that...
"Hahaha... Well kind of.." He held my shoulder closer... It took me for awhile before my mind could register what just happen... Myungsoo!! This stupid rascal!!
"No no... It's not like that.. It's..." I halt my next word when suddenly she stand up and went out from the basketball court... Why she suddenly left?? Grrr Myungsoo!!!!
"Yahhh you rascal!!!" I hit Myungsoo few times as hard as I can... Why should you say that in front of my crush? (╥_╥)
"Hahahaha.. Krystal, go and chase her... She's burn in jealousy" Minho tell me as he suppress his laugh...
"Wha..What did you say?" my head rewind every word that Minho said.. Is it true??
"I don't know how blind both of you can be, but as a close friend of Amber and you, We literally saw how both of you are totally in love with each other.. So now you just need to go to her usual spot and tell her what you really feel about her... Just thanks Myungsoo and me later on" I just nod as both of them just show their thumbs up to me...
I packed my bag and run as fast as I can to her favorite spot, the tall oak tree... As soon as I reach there, I feel frustrated a bit as I didn't see her... I went and sit there as I look at the view from the oak tree.. Its such a good view.. No wonder this is her favorite spot... Wait, I can see my spot from here... Did she.....
"Princess?" I immediately turn around and face her.. She seems oka--- Wait, did she just cried??
"Err...Amber.. I..." She kneel down and sit beside me as she tried to steady her breathing...
"I know... I shouldn't run away from the court like that... I'm sorry... I'm sorry for being childish... The truth is..." She reach for my hand before she turn her head and face me
"I love you Krystal... I know my confession is so sudden, but I don't want to regret anything... I don't want to keep this to myself anymore and even though you have Myungsoo right now, but I just want you to know that what I felt for you will never fade.. I'm so---" I don't want to hear her nonsense reason anymore as I just cupped her face and kiss her.... It's just a touch of the lips but I want her to feel all the love that I have for her.. The love that I've been hiding for years... But not anymore.. I distance myself as I tried to regain my breathing as she just stare at me, still shocked with my sudden kiss...
"Stupid... I love you too..." I hug her and cried on her shoulder...
"You do??"
"Yes... I love you Amber.. So much..."
"I love you too princess... More than you know"

And that's how... Our relationship rose...
------------------------------------------------------------------
Being teens and adult is two different thing... When I'm still a teen, I bearly think about my responsibility as I just think about having fun and hanging out with my friend... But when I start to reach the adult world, it start to get complicated and weary... All the responsibilities that I've never cared about, is the one that I need to take care of now...

Sometimes I feel like I'm a zombie or maybe a robot at least.. Every single day, I keep on repeating the same routine... Going to work, getting stressed out of all the work, and then go home... I've spent less time with her... Well we're taking a different path, I'm working as coordinator at one of my sister's company, mainly on export and import goods while she is working as medical trainees in one of the main hospital owned by her father... Sometimes I envy her coworker as they spent more time with her more than me and I even heard that few of the staffs hit on her, trying to get their way with her.. Maybe if I didn't trust her, we probably gonna fight every single time we meet but since she always told me what happen in her daily life, I trust her with all my might but I'll be lying if I didn't doubt her at all since well let's just say, she's still a chick magnet wherever she go....

But you know what I really hate being an adult?? When your love life are constantly under people's watch... How I hate it when they can't even respect my  relationship, when they know my relationship that are slightly different from their kind of 'perfect relationship', they keep on saying that my kind of relationship aren't real, it won't last long, you will be bored eventually and blah blah blah... Like, can't I just be happy with my life without any judgement from the outside??? Yes, my relationship may be different from other, but we deserve to be happy no matter who we choose to be with....

Another thing that pissed me off is when they keep on trying to break the relationship that are already been established... It's freaking annoying when there's people who always want to cross the boundaries when they already know that the people that they like is already in relationship... Like seriously??? It's so tiring and exhausting with all the workload, and these kind of people just love to add the icing on the cake by trying to ruin other people relationships... Sometimes I always wonder, will we ever make it with this kind of stress?? I don't know, but I will fight for our relationship as long as she's fighting too...
--------------------------------------------------------

Whoever thought that this day finally had come...

The day that we've all been waiting for...

The day where we gonna be completing each other soul...

The day that seems to be just a dream come true in my teen's year...

The day.........

 

 

 

 

of our solemnization..
 

"Hey there beautiful bride, are you nervous?" I look at the mirror and saw Victoria, my bridesmaid..
"Vicky! I'm so damn nervous... Is it obvious?" She just chuckle
"Well.. Aside from your shaking hand, it's not that obvious" Oh Vicky, always love to tease me...
"Vicky... I'm so scared..."
"Why would you be? This is the day you've been waiting for... This is the day that you supposed to been waiting for.. Don't worry, everything gonna be fine..."
She rub my back gently, calming the raging emotions that I feel right now... As the runner told me that everyone is waiting, I nervously stand up and make my way to the altar... I meet up with my father who still managed to slay every woman heart with his good looking despite he's already at his 50's and his black tuxedo as I link his masculine arm with my petite hand.. We walking slowly with Yiruma's I song played on the background.... I look up and saw her, waiting for me, smiling so bright, like I'm some kind of angel she met... My father hand her my hand and she take it and held it firmly...
"We are here to gather and celebrate the union of two lovely soul... Their story might be different from the others, but what really matters is how their heart are connected to each other... I, as the officiator who have been given the power to do this solemnization will now proceed with this wedding..."

After we exchange our vows with each other, the officiator make our wedding official.. We shared a not so deep kiss since both of us get shy when the crowd start to getting wild at our 'kiss scene' as they called... We meet up with all the family, friends and guest who come to congratulate us...As we proceed our way to to the garden behind the church since I've request a garden theme wedding, we are welcomed by my best friend Luna and her band , UMZC band...
"Hello everyone... I am Luna and this is my band, UMZC band... How is everyone feeling?? First of all, I wanna say, happy wedding day to our Tom and Jerry!!! *crowds laughing* Well, our brides here really love to bickers with each other back when we are in high school so they earn that title with respect... I'm so happy to have the chance to sing in my bestfriend wedding.. Love is indeed a strange and funny things right? Whoever thought you could marry your crush right Krystal??" and I can feel my cheek really burnt at that time... This puppy!!

"All credited to us!!" I see Minho and Myungsoo exchanging high five as the crowd just laugh at them... If I can throw a brick at them right, I will surely throw at them...
"Yahh!! Why are you guys doing this to me" I cover my face since the person beside me start tease me to... I'm so embarrassed!!
"Hahaha... Sorry Krystal... Without further a due, I would like to have the brides first official dance... Everyone agree?!!"
"Yes!!"
"Alright... Everyone! Let's welcome our brides, Amber and Krystal with the song Krystal composed by herself, You're still the one!!"

Amber take my hand to the center as we start our dance...

When I first saw you, I saw love
And the first time you touched me, I felt love
And after all this time, you're still the one I love


Looks like we made it
Look how far we've come, my baby
We mighta took the long way
We knew we'd get there someday

"Wow... I never know I was your crush in high school" She wiggle her eyebrows, teasing me...
"It's because you never ask" I stuck my tongue out at her as she just chuckles


They said, "I bet they'll never make it."
But just look at us holding on
We're still together, still going strong

(you're still the one)
You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're still the one I want for life
(you're still the one)
You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss good night

"Who ever thought that we could last this long..."
"I don't even thought about it either... But one thing I'm sure, I just want to spend the rest of my life as long as I can with you..."
"My romantic princess..."

"Yea... Because you're not..."
"Hahahaha... I'm sorry... I was glad though..."
"What make you glad?"
"I was glad I didn't listen to whatever people told me... Whatever people told about you, whatever people told about our relationship... I was glad I didn't listen to them... Because look at what we could be missing if we listen to them"

"I'm glad too that I didn't fall for the 'perfect relationship' that they keep on telling me...And I was totally glad that I kiss you that day..."

Ain't nothing better
We beat the odds together
I'm glad we didn't listen
Look at what we would be missing

They said, "I bet they'll never make it."
But just look at us holding on
We're still together still going strong

(you're still the one)
You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're still the one I want for life
(you're still the one)
You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss good night

 

"Hahahaha... Yea.. Our first kiss... Honestly I'm glad too, because it all lead to this.. To the one that I love... To the one that I truly belong... You're still the one that I love, and I hope it will last for eternity... I love you my princess Krystal"
"I love you too Amber... My one and only servant"

Our lips seal the deal that we've made 11 years ago with my song still playing in the background...


"I'm so glad we made it, Look how far we've come, my baby" I coyly sing her the last part as she close our distance and she kiss my crown lovingly...

 

And this my friend, is the story of me, Krystal Jung and my one and only crush/love/wife, Amber Liu...

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An idea that come out after I listen to Shania Twain - You're still the one (Well isn't that obvious, that's how I get the title XD)

and maybe I just want to write something fluffy today.....

Why fluffy???? Well, because I miss Kryber interactions... that's why....

Hope you guys enjoy reading this....

Ciaoooooo

Red_999 out