crushes. girlfriends.

crushes. girlfriends.


Seulgi woke up with a dull ache at the back of her head, her whole body sore and her nose clogged up. She's not sure how she ended there but by the looks of it, she was in the school's infirmary and it was already past four in the afternoon and Irene, that scary best friend of hers, should be already waiting for her at the gates in about a few minutes from now.

A few minutes!

Seulgi scrambled up but was forced to sit back down as her vision spinned. Irene was going to kill her if she shows up late.

"You're awake! Thank goodness!" Someone yelled and Seulgi flinched at the loudness of the voice.

That someone fussed to Seulgi, muttering a hundred apologies and explaining herself speedily she could be rapping because Seulgi failed to understand a thing. Her brows furrowed and she held up a hand to make the girl pause for a while and Seulgi was able to recognize her as that cute smart girl in class— Wendy Son.

"Uhmm why are you apologizing?" Seulgi finally asked, unsure of why Wendy was even talking to her. She's pretty sure the girl have more important things to do like you know— studying and being famous.

Wendy on the other hand gasps, "Oh God did she do that much damage? Yah! Do you remember your name?" 

Seulgi's frown went deeper. Of course she does.

"Kang Seulgi, why would I forget my name?" 

The other girl breathes in relief, "Oh. I thought you hit your head too hard enough to give you amnesia."

Seulgi's confusion even got worse. Why would she hit her head and—

"Kang Seulgi!!"

Seulgi flinched, startled at her name being suddenly called out and she flinched even more when she saw who it was.

Bae Irene. Fuming and sending glares her way in the scariest way possible that everyone makes way for her and Seulgi involuntarily shivers. What did she do now to warrant her best friend's anger?

"Kang Seulgi you little ! You didn't tell me you and Wendy ing Son are dating!" Irene screeched and Seulgi's eyes narrowed at the accusation.

Before she could explain herself — because she's absolutely not dating her best friend's crush — Irene had already reached her within strangling capacity and Seulgi stumbled backwards to avoid her, tripping on her own feet and she found herself falling, the white ceiling of the school's cafeteria suddenly visible and before she realized what was happening, the sound of her head hitting a lunch table echoed throughout the place and her eyes rolled and Seulgi's vision out. 

Seulgi sprang up, this time able to stand without falling back to the bed, and sent a look of accusation to Wendy Son. 

"Were you the one who told Irene we're dating?!" Seulgi widened her eyes, backing away from the said girl.

Irene must be really pissed at her. Speaking of which, where was she?! Are their friendship going to be destroyed over some girl?

"Yah! If my best friend kills me I'm blaming you!" Seulgi points a finger to Wendy, internally freaking out because Irene will really kill her. Not to mention that she's in the same room as Wendy Son right now.

Wendy on the other hand laughed. Seulgi stared at her incredulously. She had the nerve to laugh!

"She's not going to kill you! Besides, I already explained I lied and Irene's not even mad about the concept of us dating at all, if that's what you're thinking." Wendy grinned and Seulgi was confused again. Honestly, nothing made sense to that sentence.

"Irene has a crush on you, idiot and so do I so stop worrying." Wendy briefly explained.

Seulgi almost choked on air. Did she somehow wake up in another dimension? Irene is crushing on her?! Her best friend Bae Irene whom she may or may have been also crushing for a while is crushing on her? And also smart and cute Wendy Son that's secretly her other crush likes her back too? Is she in heaven? Did she die of severe concussion after the incident in the cafeteria?

If not then how the hell is Irene and Wendy crushing on her not worrying? How would that relationship work even?

"Wow really, Irene wasn't kidding when she said you're gullible." Wendy chuckled.

Seulgi blinked. "What?"

"I'm kidding, Seulgi." Wendy grins again and Seulgi felt immense disappointment burden her shoulders. "Irene would totally pummel you again for having a crush on me and her at the same time."

With her eyes wide, Seulgi gives Wendy a horrified look.

"How'd you know?!" 

Someone coughed and Seulgi was even more horrified to see Irene standing by the door with raised brows, her arms crossed as she leaned to the wall for support.

"So what is this I'm hearing about you having a crush on both me and Wendy?" Irene started, her tone ice cold that Seulgi felt waves of fear.

She looked at Wendy for help but the latter only laughed at her predicament. 

"Uhm.... I'll uncrush you two?" Seulgi offered dumbly.

And just like that, Irene cracked a grin, Wendy laughed her off leaving Seulgi speechless and still very confused. Honestly, she's been nothing but confused the whole time.

"Seulgi you dumb bear, don't you get it? We're dating." Irene motioned to her and Wendy. Seulgi felt frustrated because she really wasn't getting anything.

"But you said you had a crush on her? And you attacked me because you thought we're dating?" Seulgi asked and the more she did, the more she confuses herself as well.

Irene could only face palm and she looked at Wendy, urging her to explain as her patience was running thin. 

Wendy sends Seulgi an overjoyed look.

"Well yes we are dating and Irene only got mad at you because she thought her effort in making you like both of us by befriending you and talking a lot about me would be in vain if we're already dating in the first place." Wendy explained slowly, her grin never leaving her face.

Irene steps closer to Wendy until they were beside each other, "We both like you ya see and since we got the confirmation we needed why don't we have some already?!"

"Irene!" Wendy gasped, slapping the said girl lightly on the arm before giving Seulgi an apologetic look.

Seulgi, however, was still digesting the newly presented information and still processing how she should react. Should she be happy? Should she eagerly join in this incredibly weird relationship? Is this normal even? Obviously not but it is a once in a lifetime chance because hello both her crushes are asking her out.

"So uhm you both already knew each other then?" Seulgi decided to ask.

Wendy nodded, "We're childhood friends. I was in Canada when Irene befriended you three years ago but we were already dating then."

Seulgi nodded and turned to Irene, "So you were pretending back then? About crushing on Wendy?" 

Irene huffed, "No of course not. Just because we're dating doesn't mean I've stopped crushing on Wendy!"

"Okay wait so what does this whole confrontation for anyway?" Seulgi groaned.

Wendy happily answered her. 

"This is because we want you to be our girlfriend! Yayy! And you can't refuse or Irene would expose every little secret you have!" 

Irene smirked, "I didn't work hard to be your best friend for nothing."

Seulgi blinked again, trying to make sure what was happening was real and she even pinched her own cheeks. Irene helped her with it by stepping on her foot and when she yelped in pain, both other girls have her a knowing look.

"So this is real?" Seulgi asked.

"Yes. Very much so." Wendy answered.

"I'm not dreaming?" 

"No, stupid. Do you want to be slapped?!" Irene groaned.

"Are we really girlfriends now?" Seulgi asked again, ignoring Irene's remark.

"Yes, we are." Wendy smiled.

"You two really like me?"

"Seul if you don't stop ing asking questions I will bash your head to the floor." Irene hissed.

Seulgi raised her hands up in surrender, giving them a sheepish look. "Sorry, it's just unreal you know!"

Irene rolled her eyes but Wendy only laughed again.

"Alright, it's very real. Want to announce it to the whole school so everyone will now about it and make it officially public so you'll believe that this is really happening?" Wendy offered, Irene subtly nodding her head in agreement.

Seulgi nodded too. Wendy grabbed her left hand and entangled their fingers together, Irene doing the same to the right and they both started walking out of the infirmary room, only stopping when Seulgi paused for a moment.

"Okay but one last question."

Irene groaned, "What is it now?!"

Wendy shook her head in amusement before she looked at Seulgi, encouraging her to say what's on her mind.

Seulgi stared back, her eyes full of wonder and when she opened and asked, Wendy was left horrified as a smirk worked up to Irene's face.

"What's a ?"

"Want us to show you?"

"Irene!!"

 

 

 

A/N : ....uhmm I've actually written this a long time ago and yaaaahhhhh I just find this somewhat hilarious I don't know what I was thinking before hahaha but yes I'm posting another one shot to make up for my inactivity even tho classes here ended because there's no internet connection at home! Thank you for reading!