Movies

Home

Luna was never really a fan of cartoons. Sure, she'd watched them as a kid and all, but not much after that. Until now.

 

In the beginning of their relationship, Amber'd made her watch every Ghibli movie in existence. Now, with Hee Joo, she thinks she's seen them all at least twenty times. Today, they settled on Totoro which is why she was seated with her legs were propped up on the long end of the couch and her one-year old nestled in her lap, the two of them bundled under a fuzzy blanket.  

 

“Omma!” Hee Joo protested, staring down at her cup of Cheerios after Luna had just stolen a few.

 

“What, Hee Joo-yah?” Luna tried to hide her smile and mouthful of cereal as she kept her eyes on the screen, avoiding her daughter's accusing gaze below. She could tell she was still looking up at her before resuming her previous position, continuing to eat. Moments later, there was suddenly a little hand hovering in front of , and Luna realized Hee Joo was innocently offering her another piece, the last one.

 

“Oh, pumpkin,” she smiled with a sigh, the sight melting her heart, “It’s okay. You eat it,” Hee Joo grinned up at her before shoving the cereal into , giggling as she did. Luna pulled her closer and brought her lips to the back of her sweet-smelling head, kissing it softly. “I love you, my little baby.”

 

Hee Joo tilted her head back, allowing Luna to bend down and place a kiss on her nose. She chuckled in response and Luna started tickling her. “Why are you laughing, hmm?” she asked, moving the empty cup to the side table so her giggling daughter wouldn't knock it down, “Does it tickle? Huh? Huh?”

 

“Omma!” Hee Joo squealed in delight, causing Luna to burst out into laughter, the tickling coming to an end at the sound of the front door opening.

 

“What's that?” Luna asked, watching as Hee Joo reacted to the noise. “Who's there, baby?” Luna cooed, rubbing her stomach as she helped her stand up in her lap, realization appearing in her doe eyes. “Who's home?” Her knees started to bend with excitement and she held herself up with her hands on Luna’s shoulders, eyes widening with excitement at the sight of Amber heading up the hall.

 

“Munchkin!” Amber exclaimed, setting down her things before swooping down to pick the laughing toddler from Luna’s lap, “I'm home! Did you miss me? I missed you!”

 

Hee Joo was absolutely bubbling with delight as she clinged onto Amber’s neck, giggling as Amber bounced her around. Luna bit back a smile as she watched them, Amber's gaze meeting hers.

 

“Hi, hon,” she grinned, “How was your-Are you watching Totoro without me?” In an instant, she whipped around the back of the couch, sitting on the couch with Hee Joo still in her arms as she nudged her way into Luna’s spot. “Scoot over! I can't believe you guys are watching this without me!”

 

“Ouch, Amber!” Luna scoffed as she got pushed into the end of the couch, Amber now sharing the small spot with her.

 

“Sorry sorry,” Amber said distractedly, eyes focused on the screen as she shifted to get more comfortable with Hee Joo in her lap, “But this is the good part!”

 

“That's all you're gonna say to me after being gone all day?” Luna muttered as she pulled her blanket over Amber and their happy little one who was mirroring Amber's serious look of intent, “You're such a child…”

 

“Shh!”

 

“Fine, fine, I won't say anything else,” Luna grumbled, crossing her arms over her chest as she stared at the screen. Hearing her tone, Amber smirked and turned in her direction, bringing her arm up until it was wrapped around Luna’s shoulder.

 

“I missed you today, too, babe,” she whispered to her before pressing a soft kiss to her cheek.


“Yeah, yeah…” Luna mumbled, reaching out to pull Hee Joo closer between the both of them, leaning closer into Amber's embrace, “I'm sure you did.”


So my calc final is tmrw. Yikes.

 

Also, please leave a comment if you're enjoying these! And if you're not, then...oh well