// galway girl

Galway Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The summer gentle wind of Galway, sometimes too stifling, but she's indulging it anyway. She will definitely miss this place, even if it reminds her of the tragic set of circumstances that happened a long time ago, or maybe not. The blood gushing through her lover's wrists is still vivid. Still fresh. Unforgattable. But rather than staying in anguish, which is clearly not the best option, she'd chose to move on, That's why she's here in this foreign country, she was just fulfilling her significant other's wish— to travel in Galway, Ireland, with her. Sadly, she can't be with her lover anymore.

 

Jeongyeon had been to several countries before, but there was something particularly enthusiastic about this place. Maybe because it's her first time in Europe. The ferry arrived 5 minutes late. She stood up from the rusty bench and grabbed her leather mail bag with a patch of korean flag, above it is another text patch; 'i am korean' in hangul. She placed her guide map at the pocket of her slate gray cover coat, occupied with other guide maps. Even the map of Europe, because she thought she might get lost and end up in Germany.

 

"fáilte ar bord. [welcome aboard]" The captain said as everyone started to enter the vessel.

 

One of the crew approached her, stopping her tracks. He bowed and greeted her, "Ohayo gozaimasu! Anata no tabi o tanoshinde hoshī. [Good morning! I hope you enjoy your trip.]" 

 

Wow okay, I hope I can understand Japanese, Jeongyeon thought. She bowed her head slightly, and smiled at the crew. Jeongyeon noticed that he's not even looking at her. 

 

"Hai, arigatou gozaimasu. [Yes, thank you.]" A soft voice of a female lingered into Jeongyeon's ears. She looked beside and saw a raven-haired woman, wearing a letterman jacket and white shirt tucked in her ugly jeans. However, Jeongyeon got eaten by her subconscious, and basically, she's gawking at the woman beside her. 

 

The woman stifled a laugh. It made Jeongyeon reconcile with her senses. Unfortunately, her neurons aren't cooperating with her, so she panicked, not knowing what to do. 

 

"G-g-gomianhe..." Her face flushed in embarrassment after she realized what she had said, then she turned to walk away from the woman, She want to jump off the ferry and let the deep sea claim her existence. She proceeded at left side of the deck, sat in the bench across the handrails. She sighed heavily, still thinking about how stupid she was, She just made a hybrid term for apologizing. Jeongyeon never wanted to see the japanese woman again, but lowkey want to meet her again.

 

I'm such an idiot, she thought before dozing off. 

 

After the 30-minute ride, they finally reached their destination— Kinvara, the opposite side of the Galway Bay. The foghorn invaded Jeongyeon's ears, waking her up in the process. She sprinted away from the large vessel and made her way through the nearest diner she saw. As she entered, she roamed around, looking for vacant seats, but were occupied by the same passengers of the ferry. Eating in a diner in a pier would be great, but I guess I'll pass, she said to herself.

 

"You can sit here." The familiar voice caught her attention. She turned her head everywhere, looking for the person, it turns out she's just in front of her. The woman she gawked before, let out a chuckle, probably beacuse of the taller girl's silliness. I thought I never wanted to see this girl again, she thought as she remain standing. 

 

The japanese girl cleared . "If I'm not mistaken, you're korean right?" She looked at the patch attached to her mailbag. "You can sit here." Then she smiled at her. 

 

"Oh, s-sorry. Thanks." She adjusted her round specs before sitting down at the two seater table. First of all, she's surprised that she can speak the same language too, if she knew better, she didn't have to embarrass herself. But it cannot be undone. 

 

The whole situation, was undeniably awkward. Too awkward. No one initiated even just a small talk. They kept quite as they consume their meals. But the both of them were stealing glances to each other, making the situation worse. Jeongyeon finished her food first, and then she burped loud enough to hear by others in the nearby table.

 

I am literally humiliating myself, Jeongyeon thought.

 

"Gabh mo leiscéal [Excuse me.]" 

 

"I'll take note of your accent." The japanese woman commented.

 

"Thanks? And uhh, what's your name? If you wouldn't mind at all." It took a lot of courage for Jeongyeon to ask that. She's always anxious about interacting with other people. She doesn't trust her socialization skills, especially when it comes to girls. Her sense of humor is the only thing that she's confident about. 

 

"Mina. Myoui Mina. How about you, blondie?" 

 

"Okay, Mina Myoui Mina sounds like a name of a former queen of Japan. Great name. I'm Yoo Jeongyeon by the way," then she pointed on the patch on her bag, "From Korea."

 

After that small talk that they waited, they learned that they were both headed to Dunguaire Castle, which is really the main destination for everyone here in Kinvara. The two woman went here together, riding a bike that they rented, instead of taking the taxi. The distance were approximately 1.2km, a short trip for the both of them. Mostly for Jeongyeon, because she enjoyed the way Mina hugged her, as she was riding at the back, making it her first. 

 

They took a lot of photos during their tour at the castle. Jeongyeon took a lot of her photos. Her beauty complements with all the spots that they took a shot with. Technically, Mina gives already an aesthetic pleasure, for Jeongyeon. They stayed outside for a while, sitting quitely at the field, admiring and appreciating the wonderful scenery in front of them. MIna closed her eyes enjoying the refreshing wind that blew around them, as the sunlight illuminates her face. 

 

Jeongyeon was stupefied by the woman's beauty next to her. It is the most beautiful thing she'd ever saw for a while. Unbeknown to Jeongyeon, Mina knows that she's been stared at. She opened her eyes and then looked at Jeongyeon as fast as possible, it took a second to avert Jeongyeon's eyes from her. She just got caught.

 

"Why are you staring at me?" Mina asked. 

 

"N-no I wasn't. I was looking at the view." The blonde woman stuttered.

 

"I didn't know I was your view." She smirked. Jeongyeon didn't even made an attempt to justify herself. One point for Myoui Mina, zero for Yoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter