Final

Eyes

Kyungsoo has a thing for your eyes. He can’t give a solid reason himself why he finds so much interest in them, but he doesn’t think too far into it.

Whether it was the way you squinted when you came outside after being inside for most of the day, seeing how they changed and the feeling in the shifted when you were close to tears, how they shrunk when you laughed, or even whether your eyes widened when he said something relatively surprising. There was just something about the way that your eyes could hold so much emotion, and yet still just be a small indication of the much bigger narrative that was your day.

It never ceased to amaze him.

Perhaps it was the fact that as an idol and that one of his most talked about features were his eyes that he felt so captivated by yours. Something about your own made him feel as though he could understand why his own were so talked about among his own fans and even among other celebrities.

But he still felt that his eyes were just eyes. Vessels to see things, a way to help him process the world around him, nothing more, nothing less. He’d never even thought of eyes as being anything more than just eyes, and yet somehow yours are something much more meaningful.

Your eyes to him were a cool mist on a hot day. A soft bed after a grueling practice. A warm homemade meal after days of being sick. Your eyes were his salvation. If he felt the world was too wide, too much, too huge, one look into your eyes would remind him that there is still home. If he felt that work was too long, too exhausting, too stressful, your eyes would remind him that there is still a way through it. You grounded him with your existence, with your words, with your touch. And you didn’t even know just how much comfort he found in just your eyes.

You were sitting -well more like lying down- at the dining table in your apartment, your head cradled by your arms, when he had let himself in with the key you had given him about a month or so back. He could tell that you were absolutely exhausted by either work or school because of the scattered papers and writing utensils that adorned the table and floor around you. Markers, highlighters, pens, pencils.

He couldn’t bring himself to wake you up.

It had been your idea to spend time together today, knowing that in a few days’ time he’d be off on tour again doing the thing he loves, leaving you behind stuck in the mundane pattern of your life. You were the one who called him over, and there you were completely out of commission and nearly dead to the world.

With a small smile on his lips, he quietly pulled out the seat across from you and proceeded to watch you try to catch up on what little sleep you had been getting during this long week. Papers. Homework. Assignments. Stupid things your boss had given you at your part-time job. Things that you hate to say you accepted just because you wanted your boss to like you and god why were you such a kiss up who didn’t know how to say no?

He figures that he’s being kind of creepy just sitting here watching you sleep when he could be watching television, reading, or really anything else until you woke up, but he doesn’t care enough to stop. You always get flustered, understandably, when he watches you do nearly anything and this is one of the few times he can watch you without you unconsciously changing your behavior.

With your hair tied up out of your face he could see clearly how your mouth hung open and a small trail of drool was setting into the sleeve of your shirt. It was gross, but for some reason he found it cute. Endearing almost. You were always there to support him, but it felt as though you made a point not to need support yourself. You dealt with everything head on. Not once showing your own fear and vulnerability, because you wanted to be strong for him.

But he wanted to be there for you. It was these little moments. The moments when you were asleep. When you got lost in something that you were doing. When you would carefully take in each feature of his face after the two of you would make love. It was these moments that he loved the most. Because you were blissed out or relaxed, or totally unguarded. He felt that he was falling in love with you each time all over again.

When you twitched violently in your sleep, he tries to suppress his laughter, but an amused noise slips out before his hand can cover it.

You jolt awake at the sound, wide eyed and alert. You scan your surroundings for half a second before recognizing your boyfriend’s face in front of you. It’s as if seeing his face immediately puts a soothing balm on the burning panic you were beginning to dive into. You smile lazily and let out a sigh of relief.

Your apartment hasn’t been broken in, it’s just Kyungsoo you think to yourself. You relax and rest your head on your arms once again; looking up through your lashes at him you smile faintly and try to get your brain to process words. Hi? Maybe. Did I slobber on my shirt? Too gross.

“How long have you been sitting here?” you finally utter. A yawn soon follows and you blink rapidly to clear your blurred vision. After a few seconds of no response, you sit up and look him in the eyes fully. There’s a kind of sad fondness in them, and that immediately worries you. “Did something happen? Oh God, are you alright?”

You search his eyes for any sign of apprehension, of hurt, of fear but you find nothing. No reaction to your words. Damn him and his acting abilities.

He wasn’t breaking up with you was he? Your mind completely clears from its post-sleep fog and you abruptly stand up from the table. Your hands hurt after feeling the amount of force that you used when you slapped your palms against the tabletop. “You’re not breaking up with me right now are you?!” You’re prepared for the worst when he finally stands up in front of you.

When he walks around the table his eyes never leave yours and you feel your heart constrict as dread sets in. His face shows a sliver of an emotion that you fail to place in your panic. He’s only a few centimeters away from you and you can feel his breath against your own face.

HIs lips capture yours in fervent kiss and you’re, to say the least, very taken off guard. Only a second’s worth of hesitation exists before your body reacts the way it naturally does to Kyungsoo and his presence. With eager submission.

Your arms wind around his neck and his find themselves cupping your through your sweatpants. You’re confused really. Three second ago he looked like he was deep in thought and the next thing you know you’re engulfed in his touch headed god knows where with this.

You find the will to pull away and ask him where this suddenly came from. HIs eyes are locked again on yours again and he lets out a heavy exhale before only replying with, “I just love you so ing much.”

Whenever you hear profane words slip from his sinful lips, you all but melt in a puddle of goo, and once his mouth is on your neck you’re as if you’ve been without his touch for months now (even though he was just here three days ago).

“Take your shirt off,” he commands against your skin. Kyungsoo isn’t one for unnecessary words.

You oblige happily. Ready for him to tell you what to do next. You can tell it’s going to be one of those times when he takes full control of everything, and it’s honestly your favorite kind of with him. When he bosses you around, praises you for listening, rewards you with his touch, his lips. Just the thought of what’s to come stirs something deep within the pit of your belly. You can feel you own hormones clouding over your gaze and you look at him ready for whatever he has in mind next.

God, Kyungsoo loves your eyes.

He smiles that damned smile that drives you crazy, and utters a single word in in that deep voice of his that shakes the very ground you stand on and keeps your world steady at the same time. “Bedroom.”

You smile and your lips, pulling off your sweatpants, leaving them in the middle of your dining room, you all but sprint to your room. He shakes his head endearingly before undoing his own belt.

, he loves your eyes…but really he’s just crazily in love with you.