I love you

I Love You

 

Mina was staring intently at her screen, she hadn't showered in 3 days and she was starting to smell but this game had drawn her in completely and she was on the last boss.

“Oh come on, I’ve got some of the best gear in the game!” She screamed in Japanese, “WHY WON'T YOU DIE?!?” She had been stuck on this boss for 3 hours now her fingers were starting to hurt and she was ready to throw the controller at the wall.

There was a timid knock at her door, “Mina, you've got a parcel" this voice belonged to her flatmate Dahyun, she was a quiet girl unless she was on camera, her personality did a complete 180° flip when she was on camera.

Mina's eyes lit up instantly and she sped to the door, forgetting she was wearing nothing other than a hoodie and her underwear “Uhhh Mina” Dahyun indicated she should look down. “Clothes.”

She dismissed her and ran to the door to sign for the parcel, ignoring the looks she was getting from the mailman “Thank you, bye” she shut the door using her foot and ran inside.

“Dahyun knife” she held out a hand not taking her eyes of the box. Dahyun went for a knife that had been dulled a fair bit due to excessive use.

Dahyun placed the knife in her hand and made to speak “shush girl” she stabbed the parcel where the tape covered the flaps and opened the box, she was nearly in tears. “It's here, it's finally here” hugging the box.

“You want me to give you two a moment” Dahyun said in a slight mocking tone and a smirk in her face Mina nodded wiping the smile off her face replacing it with confusion. Deciding it wasn't worth the effort she went to her room and turned the music up.

She was grinning with joy as she took her item out of the box, it was late December at the moment but she had pre-ordered the game when she was last in Japan, she slowly and carefully took the game out of the box making sure she didn’t damage the packaging.

She screamed in joy as she stared at the title “Sword Art Online” she took the wrapping of the oversized box, she had made sure she ordered the special edition that came with two statuettes of the two main characters Asuna and Kirito.

She had been watching the show since it first aired in Japan and even owned all the Light Novels, which she kept back in Japan, it was tough being a semi closet otaku, sure her friends knew she watched anime and played games but none of them knew to what extent. She was obsessed with them she had spent 10’s of thousands of Yen on Anime special editions, Blu-Rays and games, which were also kept back in Japan.

She was making an exception for this game since it would be another 6 months until she is going to be able to go to Japan again. She couldn’t wait any longer than she already had, the game had already been out for nearly 3 months at this point and she had to avoid all the forums she frequented to avoid spoilers, it was driving her mad!

“I will treasure you forever and always” Dahyun, who was stood at her door spying on the her roommate, was a little creeped out by her overreaction to a game.

Mina had decided she was to exposed being out in the living room and retreated back to her room, making sure she took all her things with her as she left. The game she had been playing was left on, sighing she returned to the game forcing herself to finish this one before she started  her new one.

It took about 40 more minutes (and a LOT more shouting in Japanese) but she beat it, she sighed a breath of relief and shut down the PS3 she was playing on and rushed back to her new game, she had already taken the wrapping off and was now onto the oversized box, she carefully opened it and took out the first of the statuettes.

The first was a 6inch anime stylized man clad in black wielding two swords a black one he was holding over his shoulder and the second was an aqua coloured blade pointed down, the characters face had a somewhat bland expression on his face, Mina let out a squeal of delight and carefully set the figure on the clear stand that was bundled and rushed over to place it on her shelf.

She carefully took the second out and it was in contrast being an anime stylized woman wearing a White torso piece with red highlights, a red skirt, white thigh highs with more white on her boots. She had blond hair wielding just a single sword, a rapier to be specific, she was holding the sword in one hand and was resting her other on the sword’s scabbard that was on her hip leaning into it slightly. Mina again took this figure over to the shelf and placed it next to the first so they looked like they were back to back. She liked posing figures especially when they were part of a set like this.

She was all giddy after having finally gotten the figures, she almost forgot the game, she was busy admiring her figures, she gasped sharply smiling and rushed over to grab the game and put it in her PS4 when Dahyun walked in.

“Sorry I usually knock but I was wondering if I could watch you play for a little bit?” She spoke in a shy and hushed voice practically forcing her to say yes, she was just too adorable.

“I suppose, just be quiet and it’s in Japanese, I hope you don’t mind that” she always bought her games in Japanese so she didn’t have to call her native Korean speaking friends in to help her with some translations.

Dahyun nodded “I-I’ve been learning little bits of Japanese” Causing Mina to double take. “I wanted to surprise you” she started fidgeting with her fingers and looking downwards.

“You’ve been learning Japanese?” Mina couldn’t believe it.

Dahyun said something that made Mina’s heart stop. Something she would never expect from her, “I love you Myuoi Mina, will you be my girlfriend?” she held out a box of chocolates.

Mina was frozen, she didn’t know what she could say, she had no idea Dahyun felt this way, she was honored, but wouldn’t move, her vocal cords stopped working. Dahyun slowly lowered the chocolates and tears rolled down her face.

“Yes” Mina choked, having to force her voice out, Dahyun looked up instantly tear stains on her face. Her smile was bright enough it could fill the entire room with light, she threw arms around Mina’s neck pulling her in for a tight embrace.

Mina wasn’t used to the physical contact, she never really was a big hugger even with her family not to mention that she has only ever seen Dahyun hug people while on camera, she made sure to treasure this moment for as long as she could.

“Did you actually want to watch me play?” She asked after their embrace was broken, Dahyun nodded enthusiastically.

“I’m not very good at Japanese yet so could you maybe read it out to me?” She leaned her head on Mina’s shoulder giving her a small cute smile.

“Of course” She booted up the game and played, she must have been playing for 2 hours before she noticed Dahyun had fallen asleep on her shoulder. “Come on you” she whispered carefully shifting so she could get into position to carry her.

She carefully lifted the Korean girl and placed her on her own bed, giving her a kiss on the forehead “I love you too”