(1/1)

2009 Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

BAP : "Uri B! AP Yes Sir! Nice to meet you."

Shin Eunhwa was lazily rumming around her flat when something, or I should say someone caught her attention.

 

She diverted her attention from her fluffy Pomeranian dog to the big screen in front of her. It was all too familiar. She knew him. 

 

MC : Ah Daehyun-ssi.. so it's been 4 years for you guys being in the entertainment field? 

 

It's him  Eunhwa took a sit in front of the TV.

 

Daehyun smiled eagerly at the MC, "Yes. We've been 4 years together and we came back stronger."

 

The MC gave him a pat with a light laugh, as Daehyun was the nearest member out of all, "Quick question Daehyun-ssi. Have you guys achieved your dream this year?"

 

Daehyun thought for a second, then he continued, "Yes. Since all six of us has this very same dream together, which is being on the stage. After the hiatus, we came back this year. And the euphoria of being on the stage was just overwhelming. The best feeling of being on stage is to hear our fans' cheering for us." He stated with a radiating smile while the members were nodding all along.

 

".. That's very deep of you Daehyun-ssi. I wish for the best for you guys. Now. It's time for your performance. Goodluck!" The MC guy showed the way.

 

BAP then walked off the screen. Daehyun, as the last member to leave, gave a wink to the viewers. Sending all his stan to an immediate death.

 

Eunhwa watched the performance in awe. That guy, Jung Daehyun. He didn't change at all. His dream was only to be a singer that can perform in front of a crowd. She was there when he was still the busan boy.

 

He had that very intense gaze on the stage. But it might be because the lenses. Because she knew that eyes very well. Those are the eyes that would look at her lovingly. Those were the eyes that told too many unspoken stories. Those pair of eyes she envied so much.

 

Memories after memories seemed to flood over her mind. Him and her. And the bond between them that no one knows. It brought out the whole experience of her first heartbreak.

 

 

I plopped on my bed after turning off the TV.

 

Jung Daehyun.

 

Born on June 28th, 1993.

 

He was that quiet guy who sits at the window side of the class.

 

He was that guy who laughs while covering his mouth.

 

He was that guy whose eyes beamed when talking about his dream.

 

He was that guy who got C's because he spent the night before in studio, practicing.

 

He was that kind-hearted guy who was there for me when my so called friends left me.

 

He was that guy who left uncountable memories deep inside my heart.

 

He was that very person who took a big part in my youth.

 

He was that person who holds a space in my heart.

 

And to be honest, he still is.

 

2009

 

"Daehyun? Dae?" I called him out slowly.

"I'm here at the back." There he was, slouching at the corner of the class with his earphones on.

 

I approached him, "I was waiting for you." He said, while patting the spot next to him, asking for me to sit beside him.

 

I sat beside him, hugging my knees. He then plugged his right earphone on my left ear. 

 

 

"This is the song?" I turned to him

"Hm.. Do you like it?" He asked me in return

"Quite nice. But I don't think this song will allow you to show your forte in falsetto."

 

"Okay. What about this one?" He played the other song in the playlist.

"This one is fine to me."

 

It had always been like that. I knew Daehyun 2 years ago, from a music assignment. From then, we found out we share the same interest, and we just hit it off fast. We connected better than I connected to anyone else. I don't know, but, it felt like we actually had this unspoken bond.

 

We used to use the classes at afternoon, when everyone else had already gone home. We practiced together. I mostly gave him advices about singing but I didn't sing. 

 

"How high should I start?" He asked, snapping me out of my links of thoughts.

"I don't know. Start again and we'll decide."

 

He then started to sing. But at the high note, his voice cracked. I laughed loudly, he, on the other hand was glaring daggers at me.

 

"Holy. That sounds very bad." He hung his face low

 

I then cupped his cheek, "It means you need to stop singing for today. Let us go home and continue later okay? And no, voice cracks are fine, don't stress yourself."

"Mm." He nodded, but his eyes which were looking at me were weirdly captivating.

 

But again, every single thing he did had always captivated me.

 

With bags both on our backs, we headed out while locking our fingers.

 

And no, we were not dating.

 

 

2016

 

With a bowl of popcorn on the left hand and the TV remote on the other, she sloppily made her way to the sofa. Turning on the TV, she found out that she had missed Skydive's performance. Just right when she was about to turn the TV off, BAP's main vocalist's face popped up.

 

Again with the same MC, BAP was on the waiting room, being interviewed.

 

"So, since it's your last stage for Skydive promotion. Do you have any words for your fans?" The MC started

 

Himchan, who was in charge of the leader at the time then answered, "Yes. I hope you all like this newest album of ours. Please give lots of love and support. We'll meet you in our next comeback with Yongguk." 

 

The camera rolled on from Zelo to the last member, Daehyun. Daehyun gave a heart pose then said, "Babyz we love you. Please make sure you keep warm since the weather is very cold these days. Stay well, we'll meet you soon." He ended his short message with a kiss.

 

Eunhwa who was watching the short video felt weird. Was that the same Jung Daehyun? The one who blushed red when other girls touched him? 

 

He, for sure, had changed.

 

Anyway, today's weather badly reminded her of the day they when they were stuck because of rain.

 

2009,

 

The two of them were walking home together, like usual. Their houses were in the same housing. So it was normal for them to come home together after spending the day together, too. 

 

16 year old Eunhwa tugged on Daehyun's sling bag. Daehyun, who was slightly irritated, stopped his walk to plug off one of his earphone.

 

"Yeah?" 

"Let's stop by the mart. I'm suddenly craving for some ice cream." Eunhwa grinned and

Daehyun shot her a weird look, but agreed nonethelessly. 

 

Daehyun just stood against the refrigerator like a model, waiting, playing with his fingers while Eunhwa chose her ice cream. 

"Done?" Daehyun asked

"Hmmm. Okay." She brought 2 packs of ice creams to the counter. 

 

"Here. For you." She handed him the grape flavoured ice cream.

He looked over the ice cream, 

"Nah. Just eat it yourself." He rejected it, feeling sulky in the inside by the fact that the girl didn't know his dislikes.

She smiles seeing his frown, "Kidding. I know you dislike grape. Here. Take the one I bought for you." She handed him the other one.

 

Daehyun scoffed yet he accepted it. Rubbing her head, "Thanks." he muttered.

 

Just as they wanted to step out, it rained, hard. 

"." Daehyun muttered under his breath

"Uh... What do we do now?" She bites her upper lip in panic.

"Let's wait first." Daehyun took a hold of her hand and guided them to the bench in front of the mart. There were roof enough to shield them from the rain.

 

10 minutes into waiting and the rain was still going on hard.

"Are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter