Final

Dinner for two

He was nervous. Very nervous to be honest. His sweaty hands grabbed into the fabric of his suits pants, trying to dry them in a weak attempt. This evening was so important for him. Of course he had planned it through over a few weeks, so it would be just perfect. Perfect for his perfect boyfriend. He had told him that they would have a reservation at a restaurant at 8p.m and that they should meet there.

There were still 15 minutes left until their date would begin and Jongin really hoped Taemin would arrive in time. Or more like arrive at all. Of course he was worried that Taemin wouldn't come. But then again he was just overthinking and he had the tendency to be a bit too pessimistic. They haven't had a single argument in the last six month, their relationship was blooming and they loved to spend time with each other. Every free moment was just about them, living in their own happy bubble of love and adoration. Jongin smiled to himself, thinking of how they would wake up in the morning, not willed to get up at all and just cuddling deeper under their sheets, exchanging soft kisses and small whispers of “I love you” - “So do I”. He was so deep in thought that he didn't notice how Taemin entered the restaurant and walked towards him. Only looking up when he heard his soft voice.

“Jongin? Are you there?” He smiled and waved his hand in front of his boyfriends face to bring him back to reality and Jongin snatched out of his daze, staring at Taemin as if he was the eighth wonder of the world. Well he was, at least for Jongin. To Jongin Taemin looked amazing. The black suit perfectly framing his lithe body and his long brown hair tied into a neat ponytail, leaving his bangs falling into his pretty face and over his ears. Jongin was just so in love with him, every time he sees him after a long day of work he falls deeper for him.

Jongin stood up and pulled the chair for Taemin to sit down, placing a gentle kiss to his cheek and smiling softly, yet still nervous. His heart was beating so fast in his chest and he just hoped that Taemin would like his idea.

It was a romantic dinner, candlelight, a few rose petals on the desk and a nice glass of off-dry red wine after they finished their meals. Their hands were touching on the table, fingers intertwined and they both gazed lovingly into each others eyes, talking in a soft whisper about whatever came to their minds. Jongin's nervousness was still there, but it wasn't as bad as before. Taemin was able to calm him down pretty good even if he was the reason to be nervous in the first place. Jongin loved how Taemin always could make him feel better, whatever situation it was that made him feel uncomfortable. So he finally decided to brave up and he took a deep breath.

“Taemin... I have to tell you something”, he said and slowly stood up from his chair, noticing Taemin's eyes widening in surprise and confusion.
Jongin walked around the table, gently taking Taemin's hand in his and kneeling down on one leg.

“Taemin. I've known you since I can think. We have been going through thick and thin ever since, we built our friendship on trust. There is no one in my life like you, whom I can share my every thought with, who understands every little emotion without telling and who catches me when I fall.” Jongin could feel Taemin's hand trembling in his and he heard how he shakily breathed in and out, trying to process what he's been told.

“You are the sunshine in my life and I will never grow tired of looking at you. You give me so much, that I only feel complete with you at my side. I know that it can be tiring to be with me sometimes, yet you smile at me and just hold me in your arms.” Jongin could see how Taemin's cheeks were tinting in a soft shade of pink and it made him smile gently.

“Taemin, you mean the world to me. And if you think and feel that I am worth even 1% of your love than I already am the happiest man on this planet. I will always try my best to keep you happy, let you rant when you have to, let you cry into my shoulder when you need to. I will always have my arms open for you and I will always be there for you. I want to make this promise to you, so let me ask you this one question:” Jongin took a deep breath and fumbled a small box out of his jackets pocket and opened it, holding it so his boyfriend could see the silvery ring inside.

“Lee Taemin, will you marry me?” He looked into his lover's face, anticipation so strong in his body and he could feel how every guest in this restaurant was holding their breath waiting for the answer. But none of them as nervous as Jongin felt in this exact moment that seemed like ages. Until he could see small tears forming in Taemin's pretty eyes, making them all sparkly, his face showing him the prettiest smile he had ever seen and his boyfriend started nodding vigorously, standing up and pulling Jongin back to his feet.

“Yes! Yes yes yes I want to marry you yes!” He said with his excited yet shaky voice and Jongin felt his heart jump in his chest, his cheeks already hurting from how wide he smiled before he pulled Taemin in for a relieving kiss. The people surrounding them cheered and applauded for them, but for Jongin nothing matter more than his now fiancé kissing him passionately.