(Un)lucky Number

(Un)lucky Number
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It’s just one fine day like another day. A supposed to be normal day for me, not until the number on calendar told me what day today is. I tidied up my hair which actually already at its best for the whole of my life, I looked up at the mirror in front of me making sure it looks perfectly perfect without any single dust. Enough primping after a full 10 minutes, I walked out from our room quietly. Nobody should see me now, including my own members in their own room and that someone else in my room who’s now still taking a shower.

I ran a bit to an unnie in the lobby, she rose up from the seat and approached me.

“Jeongyeon, are you sure you can drive it with your own?”

“Don’t worry, sadness unnie. I can handle this. Remember I got my license with full score”

“That’s not what I’m worrying about...” The manager, even feeling hestitant for a second, gave the car key to Jeongyeon. “This isn’t our area, you should be extra careful while driving. I don’t want to get a second trouble from you, Yoo Jeongyeon.”

The latter giggled while receiving the key, “Why second trouble? Did you already get a trouble from me?”

“Yes. You planning a date with your own member is a big trouble for us, the managers, moreover when we’re on holiday like now AND outside our own country!”

Jeongyeon winked, “Thank you and I love you too, manager-nim~” With a hug for the manager.

“Don’t make any mistake!”

“Aye aye, unnie~ I’ll make sure netizen won’t find us on this date.”

“No, I mean don’t make any mistake with your date and don’t you dare making Mina sad”

Jeongyeon pulled out herself from the hug and nodded confidently, the manager only patted my shoulder and rushed me to hurry before any other members get out from their room. More like before Myoui Mina finished getting ready and come to this lobby.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Mina’s POV

Today is our day off, they let us enjoying the day by giving us free time to go anywhere. I don’t have any plan on how I should spend my time today and the one who supposed to be with me now is gone for I don’t know where. Did she just leave me alone or did she choose to hang out with other members? Oh my God, I can’t believe it. How can she even forget about today? Our day?

Honestly, me also can’t believe I chose to date her a year ago.

Now that other members already busy getting ready to their own holiday, suddenly Sana poked my  from behind.

“Minari, are you going out today?”

“Well, umm... I don’t know, maybe I’ll take a rest for this morning and have a lunch outside with manager unnies.”

“Oh okay~ I’ll go with Momoring to celebrate our 5th year anniversary, want to come with us?”

Mina smiled and shook her head, “No, unnie. Please enjoy your time for both the two of you. It’s your day anyway”

“Ahh~ Okay then see you on dinner time, Minari~”

“Have a nice day!”

We waved at each other before Sana pulled Momo away from snack bouquet on this lobby.

I sighed seeing other members already left the hotel. When I was about to turn back and walked to my room, one of manager oppa called me. He told me since I can’t be alone at hotel, I must follow the managers instead and join them for today. He asked me to go to the garage first since managers still have something to talk about. He gave me a small paper, written the car’s number on it.

That’s not a bad idea actually, it’s better to follow them than being alone at my room and imagining that certain someone having fun while ditching me in our special day.

So, I went to the parking lot and searched for a certain car with the number on the paper I hold. It doesn’t take a long time since the car parked not far from the front door. At first, I was about to open the passenger door when suddenly the driver door opened and someone popped out.

“I’m sorry, young lady. But your seat isn’t at the back... You are supposed to be on---”

I gasped and covered my wide-opened mouth with both my hands.

“---my side. Oh and for the introduction, this Yoo Jeongyeon is on your service for today. Now please come here, Myoui Mina.”

 

Jeongyeon’s POV

“Can you please stop staring at me? We’re already driving for 15 minutes while all your eyes do is making a hole on me. I really need to be focus on the road too, Mina-ssi.”

I giggled when Mina finally snapped from her staring mode and turned her redden face. We kept silent for those 15 minutes and I can’t help to break it even though it was a really comfortable silence.

It’s a red light and I need to start any conversation while we stopped. But then, a beautiful voice came to my ears...

“Jeongyeon, why are we here?”

“Here? In this car? Well, I can’t simply carry you bridal style to our destination so I begged manager to rent this car for me. Why? You prefer me to carry you?”

Mina smacked my forearm playfully, her small giggle is the cutest in this world I swear. “That’s not I meant... Where are we going, by the way?”

“You’ll see~” I pinched her nose earning another smack, “Ow ow hey the light is green now”

We laughed and back to another silence again once I started driving.

Actually, there’s one thing I always want to try while I’m driving with this beloved penguin of mine. But I can’t do it since we are too shy to show off any affection. Gathered all my courage, I coughed making Mina turned her face to me.

“Why? Do you need a drink?”

“Eh? A-Ani...” I streched my nape, thinking hard how to do it. Oh c’mon, Yoo Jeongyeon. It’s already a year and today is your special day with Mina, no back off for today! So I put my arm resting on the armrest between our seat, let my palm hanging on the air. “Umm, Mina-ssi”

“Yes, Jeongyeon-san?”

“You know, umm I’m happy to be with you now so I don’t feel alone. But, uhh you know, my hand here needs a friend too”

Mina seemed to understand what I said but she just smiled shyly, keeping her head down. The corner of my eyes caught her hands fidgeting with themselves, maybe she’s too shy to get mine first so I decided to do this last way: the bold one.

I reached for her left hand and take it inside my right hand’s embrace.

Mina didn’t complain at all and we stayed like that for the rest of our trip to the destination.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Mina’s POV

I don’t know how long we’re holding hands, I feel safe with her holding me tightly like this. And, oh boi... Can this Yoo Jeongyeon be more attractive when she drove with only one hand while another hand still embracing mine, I could feel her thumb caressing the back of my hand and it felt really warm. Too warm until I didn’t realize we’re already arrived.

Jeongyeon stopped the engine but stayed still on her seat, “We are here”

I looked outside the window, it’s like a modern but classic-themed mall. It’s not like a normal shopping centre, maybe more like a museum but still it looks really beutiful.

Jeongyeon pulled her hand from our grip, I whimper at the loss of her warm. She went out from the car and ran quickly to the other seat, I giggled knowing what will happen next. Yup. I’m right. This playful dinosaur just opened the passenger door for me, she bowed and offered me a hand. This looks so cliche but I’m gladly accepted her hand, for the second time for today.

“You know that I always admire your manner, Jeongyeon-san”

“Thank you, I know that was the reason of why you love me too. Right?”

I hid my blushing face behind her back while Jeongyeon closed the door. We started walking inside the site and welcomed by the awesome scenery in front of us. This place is like those castle on fairytale surrounded by flower shop here and there. People enjoyed their quality time with their family, friends, and lover. Just like me. Walking down the street with both my family, my bestfriend, and my love.

Because Jeongyeon is a complete package for me.

We walked to one of flower shop, the seller aunty took me to look around and I followed her in awe. The aunty explains those flowers in English and I listen to her attentively. I didn’t realize that I left Jeongyeon behind. Just when the aunty gave me some red tulips, I turned to give those flowers for Jeongyeon but the latter dissapeared from my sight.

Panicked, I swaped my eyes around to find her. Jeongyeon is a careful person but sometimes she can be clumsy too. It’s totally not fun if I lost her on our anniversary date.

After walking around the flower shops for more than 10 minutes, I decided to stay and tried to find another way. Handphone! Aish how stupid of me. I can always call her and ask her directly, not wasting my energy and time like this. My hand fished out the phone fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter