Come Back to Me... please?

LOVE...? Priceless

 

Chapter Three

Come Back to Me... please?

 

 

He's dead.

 

Daehyun concluded when he saw his boss (a.k.a best friend) lay there lifelessly on the couch, face down. The older was a total mess. Don't even mention the house, oh God;  it was a total wreck. Clothes were strewn all over the place. Bottles of alcoholic beverages could be seen on the coffee table until there was no space left on the said table. And an ash tray with few finished cigars also could be seen on the said table.

 

Just since when did this idiot started smoking?

 

Daehyun tiptoed through the trashes. Once he arrived at the couch, he nudged on the older... with his foot. What? This Tigger-obsessed man deserved it.

 

"Get up. Go bath or something. Just do anything to make these foul smells go away. You're reek of poop." Daehyun scrunched his face due to the unpleasant smell. But the older didn't even move one bit. No he's not dead yet, because Daehyun could hear murmuring sounds from the guy under his foot. Yup, he figured nudging Yongguk with his foot was not enough so he step on the older, repeatedly, in a not so gentle way.

 

Daehyun knew he’s being an and he liked it that way.

 

"Oi, just what the heck are you mumbling about? Stop moping and start moving will you?"

 

Yongguk stopped mumbling. He got up, revealing his face to the younger. Daehyun held himself back from cringing too much as he took in the state of the older in front of him. Boy, that guy didn’t look good. The older’s once flawless skin was now dull and lifeless. Prominent dark circles rimmed around his eyes and the the dark irises were soulless; empty.

 

Daehyun sighed. He then sat next to the older, patted the latter on the back.

 

Daehyun was aware of the situation; he knew it very well. After knowing Himchan, he became friends with the latter. Not only Himchan, but he also acquainted with Youngjae and Jongup, Himchan’s closest friends. They’re quick to become friends.

 

Two weeks ago he got a call from Youngjae saying that Himchan came to his house in a sobbing mess while muttering incoherent words. So Daehyun rushed to the younger’s house, his mind was filled with confusions and worries. Just what the hell happened?

 

It took the brunette three solid knocks before the door opened, revealing a worried Youngjae. Youngjae was quick to usher the slightly taller brunette inside, before gesturing his hand at the sniffling figure on the old couch. Daehyun made his way towards the beaten figure.

 

“Hey Channie, you okay?”

 

Youngjae who was standing near the two threw a glare the brunette. His face obviously showed ‘dumb-question-you-oaf-of-course-he’s-not-alright!’, in which the brunette replied back with a defensive ‘then-what-the-heck-I’m-supposed-to-say?!’ look. But the two telepathic communications were soon halted when Himchan suddenly hugged Daehyun, catching the latter off-guard. Himchan buried his face on the younger’s chest, wetting the latter’s shirt with his tears. Daehyun sighed. He hugged the older back and patted the latter’s back while muttering ‘It’s okay. Just let it all out.’ Himchan sobs got louder and his hug tightened. It’s all just too much.

 

When Himchan was fell asleep due to exhaustion, Daehyun was quick to ask the Youngjae.

 

“What happened?”

 

Youngjae let out a sigh.

 

“I don’t know. Himchan-hyung suddenly appeared in front of my door this morning. It was weird enough because usually we’ll meet up at the café. But he suddenly broke down as soon as he entered the house. I couldn’t understand what he was saying, only caught few words like ‘Yongguk’ and ‘women’. So I thought that it might have something to do with Yongguk. And since you’re Yongguk’s friend and you knew Himchan, I thought I should give you a call.”

 

Daehyun nodded hearing Youngjae’s story. Come to think of it, Yongguk dropped by the club downtown quite frequently lately. Usually the older will go straight back home after finishing his late night works. And to add to that, Yongguk was gradually losing his focus when he’s at work and quick to snap whenever something goes wrong. The older also has been cold to Daehyun lately. Just what the heck happened?

 

The next day, Daehyun and Youngjae interrogated Himchan to get the truth out of him. After several pushes and coaxes (and threatens, courtesy of the feisty sassy princess), Himchan finally opened up to the two younger men.

 

 

 

Himchan told the two about Yongguk recent behaviours ever since the text messages incidence; on how his husband attitude kept bringing different women home almost everyday for the past weeks.

 

"He's jealous." Daehyun blurted.

 

"Wha-what?" Himchan sputtered in bewilderment.

 

"Believe me he did."

 

"No he's not."

 

"He is."

 

"Stop being ridiculous."

 

"I'm not being ridiculous. You're just in denial."

 

"Will you two shut it?!" Youngjae snapped, effectively shut the two up.

 

"You," Youngjae pointed to Daehyun. "Stop being immature. We’re in a grave deep situation right now and it’s not time for your childish ‘You are-I’m not’ game--”

 

“To be exact it was Himchan who is in grave dee--”

 

“Shut the up you and let me finish.” Youngjae growled. Daehyun immediately shut his big mouth and scooted closer to Himchan. The older might provide some protection against the feisty princess. Youngjae rolled his eyes and flipped his hair out of his face. He then pointed at Himchan.

 

“And you," Youngjae glowered. Himchan gulped his saliva, waiting to be roasted by the innocent-looking devil in front of him.

 

"Stop denying it. I know what Daehyun said was right. He wouldn't act like that if he didn't have feelings for you."

 

"Yeah, I knew Yongguk for a long time. He had this huge ego when it comes to feelings. So it was like an act of rebellion when he knew you became extra friendly with another gorgeous lad, which is me!"

 

Daehyun piped in, in which he received a whack, courtesy of the feisty lioness as he finished his words.

 

Himchan sat there in daze. It was too good to be true. He wouldn’t want to be hurt again. Yongguk wouldn’t harbor any feelings for him. That’s it. He won’t.

 

“No, I don’t want to put any false hope in our marriage. The only bond that tied him to me was that marriage paper we signef. There’s nothing more. I don’t want to be hurt anymore…”

 

Youngjae and Daehyun could only sigh at that. Well, they couldn’t blame Himchan for acting like that. Yongguk’s behavior really took a toll on him.

 

“So, what’s your plan?” Youngjae enquired. Himchan’s eyes were casted down.

 

“I don’t know...” Himchan bit his lips. “But one thing for sure, I don’t wanna see him for the time being.” He concluded.

 

“Alright, I guess you can stay with me for the time being then.” Youngjae decided. Himchan’s lips were carved in a small smile. He muttered out a soft ‘Thank you’ to the younger. He then turned to face Daehyun.

 

“Please don’t tell Yongguk about where I am now.”

 

“But-“

 

“Please…” The desperate look from Himchan made the brunette pursed his lips. The latter then let out a sigh.

 

“Okay…”

 

Himchan smiled gratefully.

 

“Thank you.”

 

And so back to where we left off earlier with Yongguk being a stinky beggar in a dumpsite, in which Daehyun thought it was well suited with the current state of the older’s house at the moment, and the younger was seriously contemplating his ty life for having this big idiot as his best friend. But then no matter how -lic Yongguk could get Daehyun still cares about the older. It was just how the his friend is. Come to think of it, this was the first time the  older showed so much emotions like this; and it was scary as hell.

 

“What should I do…?” Yongguk let out another sigh, he rubbed his face in exasperation. Daehyun couldn’t stand to see the crestfallen state of his friend. He contemplated for a while before deciding it’s the best for him to intervene.

 

Well, promises are meant to be broken.

 

“You should go and find him.”

 

The older rolled his eyes.

 

“Thanks for stating the obvious.”   

 

“Well, actually I know where Himchan is...?” Daehyun unsurely confessed. He cowered away when the older grabbed his shirt and growled.

 

“How the hell did you know where he is?” Yongguk started being possessive. Daehyun panicked, trying to loosen up the older’s grip on his shirt. And the older’s face was too close to him for his liking.

 

“Whoawhoa wait. Chill dude! Geez, you’re freaking me out. Hear me first. You know I kinda get along well with Himchan right? And Himchan got these two other friends, Youngjae and Jongup. If you remember, they’re with Himchan at the café when we first saw him.”

 

Yongguk nodded, indicating that he did remember those two. Daehyun took this as the signal for him to continue.

 

“And so I became friends with the other two by default. Last two weeks Youngjae called me saying that Himchan was there, crying his heart out.” Yongguk’s grip on the younger’s shirt loosen, he felt like smashing himself repeatedly with a wrecking ball for being such an .

 

“So I went there and got the truth out of him. Well, it was actually Youngjae’s doing. He kinda threatens Himchan so, yeah. Back to where we left off, Himchan told us that you’ve changed. Specifically, after he chatted with me on phone. Mind explaining that?”

 

“Come to think of it, what are you to Himchan? And are you guys being all friendly with those pet names and didn’t you call him ‘babe’?! The hell Daehyun?! I thought you’re my friend!” Yongguk started raising his voice. But Daehyun just chuckled at that.

 

“So you really are JEALOUS. Hahaha! That’s epic! The mighty Bang Yongguk got jealous! Someone needs to write that in history.”

 

“The ?! Of course I’m jealous! He’s my ing husband for God sake!” Yongguk raged. But Daehyun’s laughter only got louder.

 

“Oi! This is not a laughing matter you idiot. I’m in a deadly situation here!”

 

“I could see that.”

 

Yongguk narrowed his eyes at the latter’s comment.

 

“Okay, okay! You’re no fun. On serious note, why did you do that? I mean, dude, you brought girls into the house and ed em like Himchan wasn’t in the house the whole time. Are you insane? I won’t blame Himchan for running away.  If I’m in his shoes, I would totally ditch you.”

 

“Gee, thanks for being a good friend.” Yongguk sarcastically said.

 

“You’re welcome.” Daehyun haughtily replied. Yongguk narrowed his eyes on the younger but then again he gave up on this idiot. He let out a deep sigh.

 

“And I didn’t any girls. I don’t know why I did that. You know that I’m straight as hell right?”

 

“Yup, as straight as your . You just love those ies and Vs so much”

 

“You could just shut up.”

 

“Okay.”

 

Yongguk let out another sigh.

 

“So these feelings are quite new to me. Himchan was just beautiful, like any other women. Okay scratch that. He’s even beautifuler than those women out there.”

 

“You’re whipped and ‘beautifuler’ is not even a word.”

 

Yongguk thought it was the best to ignore the younger and continue his talking.

 

“He’s an angel. He got warm personality. And his cooking are the best.”

 

“Totally worthy.”

 

Daehyun drooled at the thought of Himchan’s cooking, in which he received a glare from the older. But then Yongguk reminds himself not to waste his energy on this impossible alien. Well, Daehyun is being… Daehyun.

 

“I kinda build this concrete wall inside me, but heck, Himchan still could penetrate it. I don’t even know what kinda spell he used on me but yeah. I’m whipped. I’m too in love with him. If only I could turn back the time and makes everything right again…” Yongguk trailed off, his eyes clearly showed regrets. Sympathy washes over Daehyun he see his best friend in this state. He sighed in defeat.

 

“Goshiwon apartment.” Daehyun muttered.

 

“What?”

 

“Goshiwon apartment. Near Shining Star Café. It’s where Youngjae’s house is; where Himchan is.”

 

Yongguk’s face lit up.

 

“I-I need to go now!” Yongguk started scrambled out of his place and grabbed the car key on the table, but was stopped by Daehyun.

 

“What?!” Yongguk snapped.

 

“Don’t tell me you’re going to Himchan looking like a hobo? Like, seriously?”

 

Daehyun gestured at Yongguk’s state.

 

“Ohh…”

 

“Yeah ohh. Now go freshen up and get your boy.”

 

“Okay.”

 

Yongguk quickly went upstairs to wash up. Daehyun shook his head.

 

‘He’s hopeless.’

 

 

 

Okay. Now I’m here. What should I do?

 

Just knock the door.

 

No no. What should I say?

 

Think later. Just knock the damn door first.

 

No! Shut up brain!

 

Gosh! Just knock the freaking damn door you asswipe!

 

Knock knock!

 

That should do it.

 

you brain. you too hand.

 

Why us? Go Himchan.

 

I hate you.

 

Psshhh, hate yourself.

 

Yongguk’s inner warfare was interrupted when the door creaked open, revealing a shocked  Youngjae. Then Youngjae narrowed his eyes on the figure in front of him. Oh how Yongguk wished that he would shrink to the size of an ant when he’s being scrutinized by the younger.

 

“What do you want?” Youngjae hissed. Yongguk grimaced at the tone used by the younger. Ouch.

 

“I wanted to see Himchan.”

 

“Go back to your ty kitties. He’s not here.”

 

“I know he’s here. Daehyun told me.”

 

“ that big-mouthed idiot.” Youngjae muttered under his breathe, but still could be heard by Yongguk.

 

“Please. Just let me see him. I wanna make things right. Just, please…” That older looked really pitiful. Youngjae could see that Yongguk was really regretting his action. As if on cue, a soft voice could be heard in the background.

 

“Jae, who’s there? Is it Dae?” Himchan asked but he was left gasping when he saw that one person  that he refused seeing.

 

“Uhh… I’m going inside so you two could just talk things out. Err, kbye.” Youngjae fled from the scene, leaving the two behind.

 

Awkward silence ensued.

 

“Err… hi.” Yongguk started awkwardly.

 

“What’re you doing here?” Himchan asked. His face voids of any type of emotions. It was empty.

 

“Look, Himchan. I’m sorry. Really I am. Please come back home.” Yongguk pleaded. He tried to grasp Himchan’s hand but the latter slapped it away.

 

“No, I like staying here. You can just… go.” Himchan tried to hold in his shaking voice.

 

“Please Himchan. I know I’m wrong. I’m an . A jerk. Call me whatever names you wanted to but-“

 

“Yongguk, just go away. I won’t hinder your life anymore. That’s what you want right? For me to disappear from your sight. You should be relieved right? You can finally have the freedom that you’ve always wanted.” By that time, Himchan’s eyes started to brim with tears.

 

“No, no. It’s my fault. I’m the one who’s being an idiot. I love you. Please don’t cry…” Yongguk cupped Himchan’s cheeks and wiped away the tears that flowed on the latter’s cheeks. Himchan removed Yongguk’s hands from his face.

 

“Stop it Yongguk. Just go home for today. I’m tired.” Himchan’s voice was soft, tiredness obviously shown.

 

Yongguk face fell. But he decided it was the best to give more time to his husband.

 

“Okay… I get it. I-I’ll go for now. But let me tell you something. I won’t give up on us. Ever.” With that, Yongguk walked away from Himchan. Himchan closed the door, clicking sound could be heard from the door. Himchan sled down, burying his face in his knees. He cried his heart out. Youngjae who heard the older’s sobs was quick to be on the older’s side.

 

“It’s okay hyung. It’s okay.” Youngjae hugged the older while patting the latter’s back.

 

“It’s hurt. It’s damn hurt…” Himchan sobbed. He clutched tightly on Youngjae’s shirt.

 

“Shh…I know hyung.... I know…”

 

 

 

Every day, Himchan would find a red rose stuck on Youngjae’s door. And for each day, a small card would be tagged along with the flower.

 

 

‘Love you, always. – Yongguk’

 

 

‘Please be mine again. – Yongguk’

 

 

‘I’m sorry. – Yongguk’

 

 

‘I miss you. - Yongguk’

 

 

Himchan couldn’t help but to smile at those little messages.

 

“Aww, how romantic~” Youngjae teased when he saw the little cards.

 

“Shut up.”

 

“Pshh, you’re no fun. So what’s your answer?”

 

“What answer?”

 

“Hyung, that guy really showed his efforts. From the first moment he came to this house, I knew he regretted those things he did. Why don’t you try opened up for him, hm?”

 

Himchan sighed.

 

“I don’t know… I just don’t want to be hurt again.”

 

Youngjae patted the older’s back.

 

“Just follow what your heart says hyung. It knows better.” Youngjae pointed at Himchan’s heart. Himchan clutched his chest.

 

‘I hope I’ll get the answer.’

 

 

 

“It has been a week and there’s nothing from him! That’s it! He officially hates me!”

 

Yongguk wailed on his leather chair inside his office. He buried his face in his palms. Daehyun on the other hand, sat lazily on the couch few feet from Yongguk while popping peanuts into his mouth, that fatass.

 

“Chill dude. If I were him, I’d totally hate your guts. Might as well find another good looking guy, well, like me!”

 

“Hope you’ll choke on those peanuts.” Yongguk growled.

 

“Bitter.”

 

Yongguk let out a desperate sigh.

 

‘Why do I bother to have a friend like this? Oh yeah, I’m an idiot. That’s why.’

 

Yongguk threw his gaze outside the huge windows, where the whole Seoul could be seen from there.

 

‘Stop torturing me please…’

 

 

 

It was almost a month, and Himchan didn’t show any signs of getting back to Yongguk. Things were gradually drifted apart. But that one day, things were starting to change.

 

Himchan was cleaning the house when he got a call from Daehyun.

 

“Hello, wassup Dae?”

 

“Channie, go to Seoul hospital quick!” Daehyun sounded alarmed.

 

“Wha-what for?”

 

“Just get your here!” Daehyun snapped.

 

“What the hell? What’s wrong with you?!”

 

“Yongguk got into an accident for sake! He’s in ER right now!” Himchan’s phone was dropped. His blood got drained out of his face, leaving him paled, as white as sheet. A repetitive ‘Hello?’ could be heard from the other line. No, this can’t be.

 

Himchan shakily stumbled out of the house.

 

Yongguk is in ER.

 

This means that there’s a possibility that he wouldn’t make it.

 

Himchan’s pace became faster. His view was blurred by his own tears.

 

‘God, please save him. Please…’

 

 

 

The red light above the emergency room was still lit up. On the bench, Youngjae could be seen trying to comfort Himchan, assuring the older that everything would be fine, even when he himself unsure about what’s held in the future. Himchan was a sobbing mess. Daehyun on the other hand, could be seen pacing back and forth, trying to relieve his restlessness. Few minutes later, the red light goes off. A group of people in green outfit could be seen emerged from the room. Himchan scrambled out of his place.

 

“H-how is he? Is he okay? Please tell me he’s okay!” Himchan asked frantically while being held down by Youngjae.

 

“Fortunately, the surgery was a success. He got some broken ribs and we suspected concussion as there are bruises on his head, might be due to collisions with the steering wheel. But overall, he’s okay. He’s in a stable condition now.” Himchan let out a sigh of relief while repeatedly thanked the doctors.

 

“Can I see him now?”

 

“We only allowed one person at a time to visit ER patient. Preferably family members. Are you his family?”

 

“Yes, I’m his husband.”

 

“Alright, you may go in. If anything just press the red button beside the bed.”

 

“Okay. Thank you again.” Himchan thanked the doctor once again before quickly went into the room. There, he could see his husband lay there lifelessly on the bed. The older’s face was marked with harsh bruises. Himchan’s heart plummeted at the sight.

 

Himchan padded slowly to where Yongguk is. He sat on the chair next to the bed. Again, tears streamed on his cheeks. He grabbed the older’s hand and kissed it lovingly.

 

“Thank God you’re okay. Please don’t do this to me. I’m not strong for this.” Himchan kissed the older’s lifeless hand again. He stayed up that night beside his husband.

 

 

 

Few days later, Yongguk started to wake up from his deep slumber. Streaks of light penetrated through his eyes, making him winced at the strong light. His body aches all over. What the heck happened?

 

Once his eyes adjusted to the surrounding room, he saw the white ceiling.

 

‘Where am I?’

 

Yongguk tried to get up but God, his ribs hurt like hell. Then he heard soft snores from beside him.

 

Himchan.

 

‘Am I dreaming? Or am I already dead? Well, if it means I could be with Himchan then it’s okay to be dead though.’

 

Yongguk tried to lift his hand. His weak hand ended on Himchan’s soft locks. Himchan stirred from his sleep. The younger male yawned and rubbed his sleepy eyes. Yongguk still got the energy to chuckle at the adorable sight.

 

‘Cute.’

 

Once Himchan heard the chuckle, his eyes went wide.

 

“Y-you’re awake.”

 

“Err…uhuh?”

 

“Gosh! You’re finally awake!” Himchan happily exclaimed and hugged his husband, rather tightly.

 

“Owowow!”

 

“Oh my God! Are you okay?! I’m so sorry. I’m just relieved that you’ve finally woken up.” Himchan started to cry again.

 

“Hey, why’re you crying? Don’t cry. I’m okay though.” Yongguk tried to assure the younger. His voice was still hoarse. He wiped the tears streaking on Himchan’s face.

 

“You almost got killed. What would I do if you’re really gone? Please don’t do that again. Please don’t leave me.”

 

Yongguk gave his husband a small smile. His hand cupped the younger’s cheek.

 

“I won’t leave you. I promise.”

 

Himchan leaned on the touch. How he missed his husband.

 

‘Maybe going into an accident wasn’t as bad as it seems.’

 

That was what Yongguk thought. He’s a real idiot.

 

 

 

 

a/n: Enjoy!