Chapter 10

My bestfriend

" You don't remember ?" Teased Donghae.

" You missed something!" He continued getting up walking in circle around, Kyuhyun followed him.

" Arghh. " Kyuhyun grabbed Donghae and faced him.

" What happened ?" He almost yelled, inside he was dying from curiosity.

" She came with Krystal and some of her friends." Donghae said as he tried to remember their names.

" it was Krystal's birthday" 

Kyuhyun pondered, Krystal has always been in the same class as him in high school but he didn't knew anything more.

" And ?" Kyuhyun said impatiently waiting for Donghae to continue.

" And nothing. She saw us but ignored our-" Donghae explained.

" or rather she ignored you." He said emphasing as he pointed his fingers at Kyuhyun.

" You mean she talked to you and not me ?" Kyuhyun asked dumbfounded.

" Not exactly, when she saw I was alone, she greeted me then went back with her friends and they did what every girl at club do, they danced and drank." He said as he recalled some things which happened last night. They both sat down, Kyuhyun was lost in his thoughts. This had to stop, he had enough of that.  Donghae simply continued watching TV. 

" Take me home now !" Kyuhyun asked as he went to change his clothes. Donghae eyed him, he just  knew Kyuhyun would react that way.

" Took him longer than I thought." 

 

As soon as Donghae dropped Kyuhyun to his place he went to Victoria's house.

He knocked a few times but no one opened the door, as he was ready to leave a luxury car parked in the Song's place. He observed the tall and very handsome man getting out of the car. The young man was smiling as he talked on the phone.

" Excuse me " Kyuhyun tapped on the man's shoulder who just turned around and eyed Kyuhyun suspiciously. 

" This place is reserved" Kyuhyun continued as stepped in front of the man blocking the way.

" Wait a minute Qiannie" The man said on the phone and then paid attention to Kyuhyun. 

Qiannie ?

It reasoned in his head, could it be ...

" This is the parking of the Song you can't simply-" 

The man cut him down.

" I know" As he pushed Kyuhyun aside  he went to the Song's house and continued to talk on the phone.

" Sorry an idiot was acting like Superhero." He said laughing.

" You have a security guard in your neighbor ?" 

Though he didn’t wanted eardrop, Kyuhyun heard the conversation. He was sure the man knew Qian.

Could he be her boyfriend ? He wondered. He didn't thought he could be so much hurt, but he was.

He dragged his feets back to home. As he was in his room, he grabbed the phone multiple times and dialed Victoria number but always cancelled. He was afraid of her reaction. 

Instead he send her a text.

" Hi ~ I'd like to frankly talk about some things with you if you don't mind. I'll wait for your reply." 

He impatiently waited, turned in circle, watched TV to occupy his mind and find excuse on why she hasn't replied yet. 

Minutes later his phone rang, he could literally hear his heartbeat. 

" Hi.... This is awkward... But yeah, me too I have to tell you a few things. I can't today but tomorrow, if you can we could have a talk at the school's library." 

Though he was glad she had at least accepted, he was somehow sad, the content of the message was so... Simple. As he scrolled up and was reading older messages, he became more and more nostalgic. 

This day, he decided to stay at home doing nothing but watching TV or playing games. He wasn't in the mood to hang out. 

It was past 7PM, when Yunho paid him a visit.

When Kyuhyun heard the knock he lazily got up and opened, quite surprised and happy to see him.

" Why are you here ?" Kyuhyun said playfully as he made him enter.

" Since Mr. Cho is too busy to keep in touch with me, I had no choice but to come." Yunho replied acting in an aristocratic way. 

" But seriously what is wrong with you ?" He asked in a worried tone.

" I don't know, I am confused myself."

As they sat down, they've spend all night talking. Yunho being the good listener and friend he is, tried to give advices and cheer Kyuhyun up. 

 

That night Kyuhyun could hardly sleep, he was thinking so much, some thoughts popped in his head whenever his eyes were closed. When he woke up in the morning he had dark circles under his eyes and yawned every two minutes. Even after taking a cold shower, it didn't helped. As he was walking to school he recognized the car which parked in front of the Song's house. He immediately noticed the same guy from yesterday and Victoria was sitting beside him laughing, Kyuhyun was like 50m away from the front gate, he saw her get down and hugged him before going to school.

She glanced toward his way and obviously saw him but when their eyes met, she turned away and went to class. 

" So now she is literally avoiding me." He thought to himself disappointed. In a way, after the text they exchanged he had hoped she wouldn't avoid him like the way she does. 

Few minutes later the rang bell, he saw none of friends so he directly went to class.

As he entered the class room, once again their eyes met, she looked away but his eyes were locked on her. As usual, most girls greeted him.

" Hi kyuhyun" 

" Where are Yunho, TOP and Donghae ?"

He didn't meant to but he ignored all of them. 

She felt the eyes on her but she avoided it at all cost. It's only when Kyuhyun sat down that she looked up. When the teacher came in, the class went silent and started to paid attention. She heard her phone rang, it was a text from Kyuhyun.

" I must talk to you at the break. I'll wait for you at the nursery." 

She hesitated to reply even though she knew they would have to talk. now or later, it's only a question of time. She took a deep breath and replied a simple "ok".

Two hours passed by and by the time Victoria packed away all of her books and notebooks, Kyuhyun already got out. She looked for him, when she saw the boys, she literally ran to them.

" Hey" They turned around and greeted her.

" Hey how are you doing ?" TOP asked happy to see her.

" I'm fine" She nodded at the tall guy in front of her. 

" what about you guys ?" She playfully hit them in the arms 

" Oyy" Yunho took a step back.

" Stop it you are a girl but you sure are as strong as Donghae can be" Yunho said playfully which earned him Donghae to start retort back. As the two were fighting, TOP tried to figure what was going on between her and Kyuhyun. He heard some things from Yunho and Donghae but for him, it was one big mess. Victoria was playing with her hair, biting her lips. 

" Are you ok ?" TOP asked figuring out her mind was busy. She nodded forcing a smile.

" Yep I am" She said back.

" Oh I almost forgot I have something to do." She said before leaving.

" See you in class!" She waved her hand at them and left. 

She ran to the nursery at the other side of the school, no one was around when she stepped in. As soon as she made one step, she stopped. Putting one hand on her chest she could feel her heart racing, she closed her eyes and took one deep breath. When she opened them, Kyuhyun was watching her. Surprised she almost yelled as she took a step back and fell on the floor.

" You frightened me." She said meeting his eyes.

Kyuhyun ran to her and held her hand to help get up.

" Are you ok ?" He said checking if she had any injury. She shook her head, his hands were cold. 

When he noticed he was still holding her hand he let go. 

" Kyu -" He cut her before she could talk.

" Look, Victoria, I am sorry." He said in a remorseful voice.

" I shouldn't have acted that way, but I was..." His voice began to shake, as he was trying to find the right words and the right way to speak his mind. 

It hurt to see him like this, she knew he didn't wanted their friendship to be that way. She took some steps and simply hugged him. He stood still not doing one move.

" It's my fault I overreacted. I should have understood but instead I chose to be selfish." She told as she hugged him tightly feeling guilty. That wasn't how she was supposed to act as a friend... As a best friend on top of that. 

" I am sorry" It's only at that moment he hugged her back. They stood like this a few moments before they broke off. 

It was still a bit awkward but they tried to brush it off. 

" So how are doing you parents ?" Victoria asked not sure if she could. 

" Please Victoria" Kyuhyun looked at the girl in front of him firmly.

" Let's not be awkward, and continue to be friends like we used to." He said in a manly way pretending to be Superman to lighten up the mood. She laughed and hit him.

" I've missed you" She said genuinely smiling.

" Don't be so girly, it isn’t like you." Kyuhyun said back making a disgusted face.

" But I am a girl !" She retorted back.

" That's because of you guys I am being a tomboy." She replied frustrated.

" Ok, ok. I take that back." He rolled his eyes. 

" But seriously I've missed you too." after saying what was blocked in his chest, he felt like he could fly. That friendship, he was longing for it.

As they were walking back to the room class, everyone noticed them, the whole school was already used to them not being friends anymore. Many wondered what happened, of course there were rumors. As they were walking some were whispering to each other obviously talking about Kyuhyun and Victoria. 

" By the way, who was that guy who dropped you off today ?" Kyuhyun was curious to know but he pretended to not care. Victoria searched a moment before reacting.

" Ahh Changmin ?" She said unsure. Kyuhyun shrugged.

" I don't know, I saw him drop you at school today and yesterday he parked in front of your house." He explained watching for her reaction.

She nodded, confirming it was Changmin.

" That's Changmin, he was my childhood friend." She replied as she was thinking about it and recalled the times she spends when she was still a child in China.

" It's awkward to say but he was also my first boyfriend." She continued not minding so much, thinking it was only a detail but she didn't saw the change of face Kyuhyun did. It darkened.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Here's a new chapter :) I don't know for you, but I wanted to make Kyuhyun and Victoria reconciliation easy and to be honest, I didn't wanted to keep them apart too much. Now, there is a new character, Changmin. I think some of you weren't expecting him to come, but I have yet to explain why he had come, and what is his relation with Victoria. I know I've said, you can expect jealousy, but it's not in that chapter. It'd be in the next one :D

 

Don't forget to comments and I hope you enjoyed this chapter.