Special Chapter (4)

I Only Loved You Once Never Twice

Note: It would be nice if you could play Letting Go later. (You'll know when to play it. Hehe)


“So have you seen it? Did you watch?” You feel lethargic from crying until you fell asleep last night and now you have to deal with your workmate who won’t just stop bugging you when it comes to their band.

“Yeah…”

“Really?!” She then proceeded to tell how she felt while watching the music video; how she felt the pain that was conveyed through the song; how she cried because the song was telling a story “And have you heard their other songs from the album?” You shook your head and she made you sit and gave you her phone. She plugged her earphones in your ears and clicked something on her phone before she left you in the dressing room.

You heaved a sigh of surrender as the song started playing. Oh, this one seems a lively song. You were moving your head trying to go with the song’s rhythm as you were listening to the lyrics.

It’s been a while since you left
But even when you weren’t here
I always had you by my side
I put my hand in my pocket so you can always link your arms with mine
Why are you making me like this? (Why did you do that babe)

You arched your forehead as you realized that the message is still sad despite its lively vibe. You bit your lip as you started to feel your chest tighten again. And you thought your heart stopped when you heard him sing the next part

Every day is the same, I’m running around a wheel
I really hope this feeling changes
Not having what you want makes your heart hurt, I’m only human

You squeezed your eyes close as you try not to play a movie of your memories in your head again. I’ve had enough last night. Please.

I guess this is what they call a habit
In an empty room with no one inside
I’m waiting for you to return

But nothing really goes the way you wanted them to be. Not before, not now. Tears started to well up in your eyes. Never in your whole life that you’ve imagined yourself crying because of a song that doesn’t even have a sentimental sound. But the lyrics!

My hand habits that touched you, my hand habits toward you
My mouth habits that called you, my mouth habits for you

You just want to slap yourself from crying again. Aren’t you tired of crying every single time that you are reminded of him? It’s been 5 months, hasn’t it? But it still hurts the same. Why didn’t it go the way you wanted it to be?

I’m calling out to you in the empty air
I’m beckoning to find you
You became my habit
Became my habit

And it’s so hard, knowing that he’s also a habit and habits are hard to give up.

Became my habit

You hurriedly wiped your tears when you heard the door open. And once again, you were attacked by numerous questions. Your workmate even teased you for crying in Habits. “You can relate to the song so much, don’t you?”

As things started to change for them, things stayed the same for you. After another 5 months, you’re still working at the coffee shop; stuck with your workmate who’d always talk about someone you don’t even want to remember. When your working schedule changes, those are the times that you were thankful for. At least your ears would be able to rest from hearing anything about him. But unfortunately, your new shift is being with the said workmate again. You really have nothing against her. It’s just that, you just don’t want to add salt to your wound.

It’s been 10 months since the breakup but you’re still hurting. Even if you want to convince yourself that you’re already numb from feeling the pain and regret, you’re still hurting.

No one’s really numb anyway. People can’t just accept the fact that after all this time; they’re still hurting for the same reason. And you’re not an exception.

Sometimes you’re being eaten up by your jealousy; seeing him being close with a girl and especially if their fans are trying to pair them up. Somehow you’ve learned not to mind the fans who swoon over him but you can’t just deny the fact that when it comes to this girl, Ayeon, you couldn’t restrain yourself from getting jealous. She seems to be close with the band because she’s a friend of Jae. Eventually, fans saw that she and Brian have a chemistry. Who cares about chemistry?

You trusted Brian so much to ask for that break but now you don’t know if you’d be able to still trust his feelings for you since it didn’t really go how you wanted it to be. And when another album was released, your world started to shake and slowly crumble. Is this it?

I got something to say, let’s meet up
Now we sit silent, facing each other
I keep thinking in my head
Should I say this or not
Although I don’t want to

You exhaled softly as Jae started singing. Just as they’re having their comeback, your feelings are having one, too. You felt a familiar sensation enveloped your heart. Oh, yeah. This is what I felt when I was watching their Congratulations MV. Jae still has those eyes full of sentiment.

I’d been holding on to you for so long
But now I must let go
There’s nothing I can do for you
It’s the only way to make you happy
So I let go, let go, let go

Is this a confession of him letting you go? Is this him telling you that he’s finally ready to stop holding on to you?

So you can smile someday
So you can smile

But what if letting you go isn’t the reason for you to be able to smile someday?

I remember our good times
The days of laughter and fun
Memories ever so precious
Fill up inside me
Although I don’t want to

As he started singing, as he was intoning about your memories, a series of them played in your head. And just when you thought you’ve already shed more than enough tears that you’re supposed to, another stream of tears was shed.

If Jae’s eyes were sentimental, Brian’s were intense. As he started rapping, you intently looked at him. He was giving off the same vibe as he did in Congratulations. Eyes were narrow; forehead furrowed; veins on his neck were visible. Although it is about telling you he’ll let you go, he seemed to be livid.

Ah let go, let go,
The bright future we sought together
I know I know we can no longer
Wish for a happy ending
Like the land hardens after the rain
Pain is only temporary, someday you will meet
Someone who can make you happier
That’s the kind of love you deserve
I got to say good bye right now

You wanted to pat your shoulder for making it to work the next morning. But your eyes wouldn’t just let you hide the fact that you cried yourself to sleep last night. You readied yourself to deal with your perky workmate today but she’s awfully quiet. She didn’t bother you about the comeback, the new music video, anything regarding the band but she kept on stealing glances.

“Are you okay?” She asked you in the dressing room when both of your shift ended. You answered with a nod and a small smile.

You examined her as she was standing near you. “You seem hesitant about something. Is there something you want to tell me?”

She avoided gazes and you motioned her to sit beside you. “Actually…” she trailed off as you encouraged her to continue “Young K was here yesterday”

Your eyes widened a bit. Yesterday was both your day off but she said she went to the coffee shop to have a coffee with her friend. That’s when he saw Brian entering the place.

“He seemed to be looking around. Like… trying to find someone?” She paused and looked at you for a hint to stop or to continue “Aren’t you friends with them? I think he was looking for you”

“Did you talk? Did you tell him?”

She shook her head. “Can I ask you something?” You nodded “You seemed to be crying a lot since the day I met you, especially when it comes to their songs. And you seem to not like their band to be talked about. I was thinking if you cried again last night when their new music video was released?”

You raised a brow and she cleared . “By any chance… Did you have a past relationship that you’re reminded of every time you listen to their songs?” Your eyes widened in surprise and you were taken aback by her question “Perhaps… Is it Young K?”

Was it that obvious? Or was she just observant and wise? She murmured her apologies for asking and excused herself. But before she could even turn around, you grabbed her wrist as you let out a breath.

You’re just tired; tired of walking away from it; tired of pretending not to care; tired of putting up a mask that you’re okay. So for the first time, you opened the door for her to see and know. You told her everything, letting you cry your heart out and hugged you when you have no words left to say.

“I understand”, she whispered as she wrapped you in her arms, not minding if her shoulder will be soaked by your tears.

That’s all you wanted to hear. All this time, for 10 months, that’s all what you needed. Finally, there’s someone who understands you. If you had known, you might just have opened up to her sooner.

You both fixed yourself after a little while so you can both leave from your workplace. You were thinking about him as you opened the dressing room’s door to leave; wondering if he knows you’re working there. As if on cue, you found him walking toward the entrance as you froze and forgot what move means.


Ok, nothing much in this chapter.. Next special chapter might be d ending. I just cant take it anymore. Ive been feeling extra emotional lol
And as promised, I'll spare them for the next chapter. Lol

 

Thoughts, please? :)