Speck of Dust

Comfort

“Hanbin, you have to eat something” Donghyuk said to Hanbin over the phone. Hanbin was crawled up under his sheets, in the dark in his bed. He had had a full breakdown earlier and his best friend, his only friend, had been on the phone with him for hours, talking him through it, and calming him down. When he finally did, he found out Hanbin hadn’t eaten. “Hanbin, i’m going to order you some food. It’s just one delivery person. I believe you can do it” Donghyuk said. “A-alright…” Hanbin replied. He wasn’t really in the mood for eating, but he knew that he would have to in order to keep his strength up. “I-I can do it. “ he said to his friend. “Say it, say your mantra.” Donghyuk said. “I-I am strong, and I will not let my condition rule my life.” Hanbin started to say his mantra over and over again. “Good Job Bin. But i have to hand up to order you the food. Will you be okay for 10 minutes?” Donghyuk asked. “I-I Don...I-Yes” Hanbin stuttered. He wasn’t sure if he would, but He was strong and he would not let his condition rule his life.

 

Donghyuk hung up. The sudden silence on the other end of the line left Hanbin alone with his thoughts. He sat up in his bed and started to look over his room. He was waiting for Donghyuk’s call back. He knew his best friend would call back. Hanbin kept his phone close to his chest. He spotted a speck of dest on his bedside table. He went into overdrive. He got out of his bed, taking the sheets off the bed and throwing them into the washing machine. Dirty. Dirty. Dirty. He repeated in his head.  He went to the linen closet and grabbed some more sheets and put them on the bed. Once that was over, he went to his cleaning closet and he grabbed his rags and cleaning materials. He got to work wiping his bedside table, as well as washing the windows. He was in the middle of getting the broom and mop to sweep, when his phone rang. After exactly 4 rings, He answered it, Donghyuk.

 

“Sorry Hyuk...I was c-cleaning.” Hanbin said as he answered the phone. “Cleaning? Hanbin, what did I say? You need to relax” Donghyuk scolded him. Hanbin had heard this lecture a thousand times, and wondered why donghyuk didn't just give it up already. “Yeah, I-I know but there, i saw… Dust.. And It was dirty” Hanbin fumbled over his words, not wanting to upset his only friend. He didn't want to lose him. “S-sorry Donghyuk. I-I...I...I…” Hanbin got lost in a mess of words. “No Hanbin, honey, listen. It’s okay. Don't Worry, I’m not mad” His best friend sometimes used endearing words when Hanbin went off in order to assure him he was still here and was still his friend. “Well, I ordered your food. Burgers. The delivery will be there in half an hour.” his friend said. Hanbin couldnt really hear what he was saying as he was focused on a hair on the floor. He almost missed it. “S-sorry what was that again?” he asked for a repeat. Donghyuk obliged and this time Hanbin comprehended. “O-Okay alright.” Hanbin said acknowledging his friends words. “I know youre not paying attention to me Hanbin. Just- Just finish cleaning. I’ll be over to check on you tomorrow, okay?” Hanbin let out a lowly, “alright” and Donghyuk hung up. Hanbin immediately focused on cleaning again. He had just finished when the bell rang. Right, the burgers, Hanbin thought to himself. He took a deep breath. I am strong and I will not let my condition rule my life he repeated as he walked down the stairs to the door. He took a bit of the hand sanitizer on the wall, and opened the door.

 

“Burgers, for a,” The delivery boy looked at the receipt again, “Hanbin Kim?” he said looking at Hanbin.  “Are you Hanbin Kim?” He asked,, but the entire time he talked Hanbin was frozen. The man in front of him, was extremely gorgeous and he felt taken aback. He had some scruff, that looked unkempt. It took everything for Hanbin to not reach out and fix his collar. “Excuse me?” He said, and Hanbin snapped out of his trance. “Y-yes? Oh, y-yes i am Hanbin” Hanbin replied as he took the bag and set it on the table by the door. He looked back at the guy who was holding the receipt out to him. “Please sign” he said. Hanbin looked at the paper, thinking about all the germs and bacteria could be crawling on that little piece of paper. He looked back at his Hand Sanitizer dispenser. He could always just take a few squirts of that. He carefully took the pen and paper from the man, leaned onto the door and signed his name. The delivery man smiled in his direction. “Thank you very much!” he said and walked away.

 

Hanbin closed the door and he immediately jumped at the dispenser. Taking several squirts and dousing his hand in it. He grabbed a pair of gloves out of the dispenser box near the door, and grabbed the bag with the burgers. He brought it to the kitchen, setting it on the diner and opening the bag carefully, then removing the burger from it’s container and setting it on a plate he had set out. He immediately threw the bags out, and cleaned the counter. Changing his gloves. He grabbed a fork and a knife. He couldnt believe Donghyuk had ordered him burgers, they were extremely messy foods. He brought the plate to the dining room, along with the fork and knife, and a glass of water. He sat down and started to eat his burger. Cutting into the burger with precision, and chewing each bite an exact number of 57 times before swallowing.  It always took him so long to eat. It took him a bit longer this time as he kept thinking of the delivery boy. He was really handsome. But, he would never see him again. Or would he? No, Hanbin was too shy to do anything. He would let it go over.

 

Precisely 23 minutes later, Hanbin was finished with his burger, and finished cleaning up after himself. He headed up stairs and fired off a text to Donghyuk. I ate the burger, it was delicious. But, the delivery boy was really Handsome, i would like to see him again, Do you know who he is? Hanbin sent this text, as he laid into his bed. He immediately fell asleep. It was well 15 minutes past his bedtime and he felt like it.

 

In the morning, when Hanbin woke up, he checked his phone, and there was a text from Donghyuk. Who? Jiwon? Yeah, he works there, and he is pretty handsome. I can order you some more food from there, or if you’d like, I could just give you his number ;) Hanbin scoffed at his best friend, firing off a text of his own No dont do that. Its quite alright. I can’t eat out too often. It’s bad for my health. Oh-um also. When are you coming over? Hanbin replied. Soon, he received this. Im taking my second shower for you now, using the soap. When i finish, i will be over. Hanbin sighed. He really loved his best friend. He went through such great lengths for Hanbin, and he really appreciated it, a lot.

 

About an hour later, Donghyuk was ringing Hanbin’s door bell. Hanbin went down, grabbing some sanitizer and opening the door. Donghyuk knew the routine. He took his shoes off, put them on the rack, grabbed his own personal slippers he had at Hanbin’s house, and grabbed some sanitizer. Hanbin watched, making sure everything was perfect. Hanbin bit his lip. The shoes were off… As donghyuk moved to get some sanitizer, Hanbin went to the shoe rack, and adjusted the shoes ever so slightly, so they were perfectly aligned with all the other shoes. He turned to Donghyuk who was just looking at him. Hanbin took some sanitizer, and then hugged his best friend. “Thank you for coming Hyuk” Hanbin said. His hugs had to be a precise time length. 36 seconds. Donghyuk knew this, and just held Hanbin until he let go, to which Donghyuk would release as well.

 

“Of Course bin, you're my best friend” Donghyuk said. “So what is it today?” donghyuk asked. Usually, whenever Hanbin had breakdowns, Donghyuk would come over, and they would cuddle on the couch watching a movie, or talking, sometimes during really bad periods, they wouldn't talk. Just hours of Donghyuk holding Hanbin, and rubbing his hands through Hanbin’s hair in order to calm him down. Both Donghyuk and Hanbin were gay, but they had no feelings in that way for each other, which is why they could cuddle, without any feelings. They didn't find it weird, it comforted Hanbin and Donghyuk wanted Hanbin to be comfortable.

 

“Uh, Can we just cuddle and talk?” Hanbin said looking down at his feet and biting his bottom lip. He was fidgeting with his hands a lot. Donghyuk nodded and he held Hanbin’s wrist, bringing him over to the couch, and sitting down, bringing hanbin down as well ,and they moved into their usual cuddle position, Donghyuk behind Hanbin, with his back to the arm, holding hanbin between his lap, his arms wrapped around his waist.

 

“What do you want to talk about” Donghyuk asked as he held Hanbin close. “Can you tell me more about the delivery boy?” Hanbin said. “I was really smitten by him. He was so handsome.” he said, he could feel himself blushing. “Well,” Donghyuk started, “His Name is Jiwon, and he works at the burger place i ordered from last night. I know he's gay, you remember Jinhwan? Yeah, they dated once upon a time. I have his number, thanks to Jin, do you want it? I'm sure Jiwon wouldn't mind.” Donghyuk said. Hanbin turned around at the mention of getting his number. “N-No!” he said “I-I mean, it's fine. I don't need it.” He said. He turned back around and leaned backwards back into Donghyuk. Cuddling with Donghyuk was always calming. He felt safe, and loved, and protected with Donghyuk.


“Alright, alright I wont” Donghyuk replied chuckling a bit. Hanbin felt really tired. He should have slept on time last night. “Donghyuk, im tired.” He said. Donghyuk nodded, “Want to sleep?” he asked. Hanbin nodded. Donghyuk pulled him into him a bit more, making him a bit more comfortable. “Go ahead, i have nothing else to do today, i cleared everything for you” Donghyuk said as hanbin leaned his head back into Donghyuks chest. “Im not going anywhere” As Donghyuk said that, he heard a faint snore, and he realized Hanbin was asleep. He sighed, and he leaned his head back a bit and went to sleep himself.