The proposal

CALM DOWN

Author’s POV

 

Yoongi still can’t get over the diamond ring he just purchased and keep smiling to his ears just to think of the girl he’s going to proposed. As he swung the chair he sat on side to side in a slow movement; someone knocks on his door. Surprised, he quickly placed the ring in the black box and hide it under his sweater where he lay it on the desk.

“Yoongi ah, Jaehee is here…” his mother calls for him.

“Yeah…hold on I’m coming!” Yoongi rushed towards the door, with excitement when he knew his girl is coming over. He checks his hair and fix his shirt and sprays a few mists of perfume before he comes out.

“You shouldn’t have brought all these, I can cook for dinner…” Yoongi’s mom told Jaehee as she’s busy unpacking the food she brought.

“It’s okay omonim, you shouldn’t do any cooking, you’re the guest and should just rest. I can do all this.” Jaehee said as she arranged all the table covers.

“Look at how lucky you are son, no other girl as wonderful and humble as she is.” Yoongi’s dad whispers to his ears. He turns to look at Jaehee and smiled in satisfaction.

“Let’s eat.” Yoongi’s mom announced and they had their meal.

 

-------------------

 

Yoongi helps Jaehee to do the dishes while his parents enjoying some fruit platters, drinks and chatting in the living room.

“Thank you so much for everything you did tonight.” Yoongi told Jaehee as he sneaks a kiss on her lips.

“Ya..stop that..your parents will see us..” Jaehee said as she took a glance over Yoongi’s parents who’s busy watching tv.

“Hey, you’re mine and I can do whatever and whenever I want..” he smirked whilst snaking his arms around her waist and attacks her with another kiss.

"Stop..not now.." Jaehee covers Yoongi's lips with her hands; trying to stop him from kissing her as she's worried that they might be cought misbehaving like that. Yoongi naughtily grabs Jaehee's hands and push them down on her sides and spun her around pressing her back against the wall.

"You can't stop me now.." He pinned her hands against the wall and leans in, kissing her lips. Looking into her eyes, he chuckles and teases her by kissing her neck as he pressed his body against her.

“Yoongi-ah, is the tap inside the guest room broken?” Yoongi’s mom’s voice shook both of them and he quickly let her loose. Jaehee giggles at Yoongi's reaction; trying to pretend as if he did nothing.

“You can use my bathroom mom. The maintenance didn’t come to fix it yet.” Yoongi told his mother.

"Bad Yoongi." Jaehee whispers and laugh silently at him.

"We're not done yet." Yoongi replies with a smirk and he took her hands, dragging her along into the living room.

 

-----------------------

 

After a moment, Yoongi’s mom shrieks from inside his room. The sound of her voice shook them and quickly the three of them rushes towards the room.

“Mom, what happened? Are you okay?” Yoongi asked as he saw his mom standing facing his desk. He had totally forgotten about the ring he hid under the pile of sweaters.

Yoongi’s mom turn around with the ring box in her hand. Yoongi’s jaw almost dropped to the floor; he wasn’t ready to propose yet but his mother had find out.

“Are you going to propose to Jaehee, son?” Yoongi’s dad asking him the question.

Yoongi’s heart beats fast, cold sweats appears on his forehead; he’s nervous as hell and he had lost all the words he planned to say when he’s proposing. He wanted to wait for a perfect moment to propose but his plan wasn't going to happen. He’s totally blank. Yoongi’s mom hands over the ring box to Yoongi’s cold hand and he accept it with a slight tremble. Without thinking much, Yoongi turns to face Jaehee, knelt down on his knees and open the box.

“Kim Jaehee, would you marry me and be my lovely wife?” Yoongi proposed to her.

Jaehee paused for a moment, looking at both Yoongi's parents to see both of them smiled brightly and nods to her, she turn to look at Yoongi.

“Yes I will.” Jaehee answered with a nod and her cheeks turns crimson red.

Yoongi let out a deep sigh of relief; smiling ear to ear, he took the diamond ring and put it on Jaehee’s ring finger and kissed her.

Yoongi's parents hugs each other in excitement of their newly engaged son.

“We should go out for a drink to celebrate.” Yoongi’s dad proposed.

 

End of POV