001

Hazel and Agustus

‘Ommo! V oppa is soooo good looking!’ Dani squealed.

Dani is my best friend but sometimes I can’t really take her in. We’re the exact opposite of course I mean, look at her. She won our high school’s beauty contest last year. Does that give you a view now? It doesn’t really help that we’re related. I love her but it’s only because I’m obliged to.

‘Yah! RaeNi.’ She called out to me. ‘Ne?’ I answered.

‘Why are you always reading books while you can enjoy this amazing God given view?’ She squealed again.

I looked up to see what she was talking about. I was accompanying her at the bleachers just so she could watch the golden seven of Hangman High school practise basketball. I don’t really think much of them. Of course they are good looking…any one with eyes would be able to point that out but I think my book characters are much better personally.

‘What are you even reading anyway?’ She frowned.

‘The fault in our stars.’ I replied. ‘Didn’t you already read that like 2 times?’ she asked me. ‘Yeah so?’ I replied.

She shrugged, ‘I’d rather watch my oppas!’ She squealed like a baby.

I went back to my reading but shortly after Dani excused herself saying she needed to use the restroom. I sat there all by myself as I read about the gentlemen Augustus Waters was <3 when something hit with my foot. It was a basketball. Their basketball. I heard footsteps approaching me and when I looked up, I met eyes with the one and only Kim Taehyun. He picked up the ball and bowed politely, ‘Biane.’

I shook my head, ‘I didn’t get hurt.’ I replied.

He smiled widely which made him look like a baby who got candy for doing good. He looked pretty cute when he smiled. His smile was rectangular in shape-I just noticed.

‘Why are you here all alone?’ He asked looking around. ‘I’m waiting for Dani to return.’ I replied curtly. ‘Ah, she’s your cousin right?’ He asked which I took by surprise. ‘How do you know that?’ I asked.

‘She told me.’ He shrugged, ‘Though I don’t remember your name.’ He frowned. ‘RaeNi. Choi RaeNi.’ I replied.

His mouth made an O shape, ‘RaeNi….I’ll just call you Nini. It sounds nice!’ He smiled, ‘I’m-’

‘Taehyun. I know.’

He looked surprised.

‘What?’ I asked.

‘Nothing…no one really calls me by my real name. Everyone just calls me V.’

‘Oh…’

‘What are you reading?’ He asked.

‘The fault in our stars…’ I replied.

‘You like this book?’ He tilted his head. ‘Yes. Why?’ I asked.

‘Nothing.’ He smiled, ‘Maybe I can be Gus and you can be Hazel?’

‘What?’ I asked in surprise.

‘Yah! V! Phali!!’ Namjoon’s voice reached both our ears. He starched him head as he let out a small awkward laugh, ‘So are you free afterwards?’

‘I guess…’ I shrugged.

‘Can I walk you home?’ He asked. ‘Uh sure….?’ I replied. Not really sure what was going on.

His smile was back, ‘Great. I’ll see you later Hazel.’ He winked before walking back to the court.

What just happened?

________________________________

A/N: Hope you like it! BTW I think I accept requests lmao. Message me if you want a one shot! <3