Chapter One - The CD

The Voice [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There are things in life that no one can understand.

There are truths that the Universe holds that no human or creature upon the Earth can begin to comprehend.

But there are some, that, through incredible circumstances, catch a glimpse of the truth -

And they are humbled by it.

-

Morgan thought he was normal. But he didn’t know just how far from normal he was.

He was raised in very much the same was as an average middle-class American boy is. He had friends, played sports for the popularity aspects, tried his best in school. (The joys of having Asian parents. His friends always went to him for help in math, despite his constant tellings that math wasn’t his best subject.)

Normal, normal, normal.

Until three months after his fifteenth birthday.

Basketball practice after school, then pizza with the team at that terrible hole-in-the-wall restaurant off Sumter Street. It was late October, so it was too cold to walk outside. He couldn’t exactly drive, though, as the heater in his car had mysteriously broken. (That mysterious reason being an idiot for a best friend. He was still mad at Jason for that. And the thing was, Jason worked at a repair shop.) So he took the bus home instead.

That was when the first strange thing happened. He was texting the friend that he always texting while riding the bus after practice, who said she had to leave. Morgan sent her one final stupid text before shutting the screen of his phone off and putting it in his backpack. When he did so, he noticed something odd. Two girls were sitting on the opposite end of the bus, whispering to each other, confused expressions on their faces. They were holding their phones strangely, as well. As if they were…

As if they were taking pictures of him.

Morgan opened his mouth to say something, and their expressions changed to shock. They quickly looked in any direction except his. So they were staring at him.

“Hey-”

“Montgomery!” The bus driver called. Morgan’s stop. And while he did want to find out what was going on with the two creepers, he really wanted a Tylenol for the headache that had been bothering him since practice. So instead of demanding that the pictures were deleted, he stood up, threw his bag over his shoulder, and ran to the stairs.

Pity he didn’t speak to them. It probably would have made the next few months of his life a bit more understandable. Especially if he knew that it wasn’t the first time these girls had been staring at him on the bus, they had actually been doing it for weeks.

Morgan sang quietly as he jogged to his house. He didn’t know why he sang when he was alone, it was just something he automatically did. It ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter