Goodbye to the Blue Nights for now

Goodbye to the Blue Nights for now

It is 2:30am as Jonghyun sits on their bed which has the sheet and comforter spread across the opposite side of where he is holding his right hand with his boyfriend and SHINee member Kibum's left hand on top of the older's own with both bedside lamps illuminating a golden and gentle glow in their bedroom. 

Tonight was not a normal happy night like most nights, Jonghyun held his final and very emotional viewable broadcast for his MBC radio show of three years Blue Night .

The minute he began crying during the show all Jjong wanted was to be in the comfort of his true love Kibum. 

*Jonghyun sniffles* "Baby? *sniffles again*" Kibum turns his head to the left to face Jonghyun and replies, "Yes babe?" while trailing his fingers lightly over the older's hand. 

"I really wish I didn't have to say goodbye to Blue Night ." The idol spoke in a soft and shaky tone only loud enough for the two of them to hear. 

Before speaking, Kibum uses his free hand in his long sleeved pajama sweater to wipe away some tears rolling down his boyfriend's already wet cheeks. "I know sweetheart, I know me too." 

As more tears keep trailing down Jonghyun's face, Kibum gently pulls the older into his arms for a comforting and warm embrace. 

The younger wraps his arms around his bandmate's waist as he gently yet firmly lies both of his hands onto Jonghyun's back while the older follows suit and does the same thing. 

Kibum's hands lightly clutch onto the soft fabric of the other's pajama sweatshirt as he feels the dampness on his right shoulder from the constant tears pouring out of his sweet boyfriend's eyes . 

"I'll miss hearing JjongD on the radio and you will always be my favorite radio show host to ever exist. I could not be more proud of you love." Kibum reassures Jonghyun. 

After sharing his thoughts on his boyfriend's decision to step down from Blue Night  Kibum begins to cry along with the other. 

Kibum kisses Jonghyun's soft hair and then moves his hands rub up and down across Jonghyun's back while resting his chin on the older's left shoulder. 

Through the midst of the tears and sniffling, Jonghyun's face is now buried in the younger's neck as he says in a muffled tone "*sniffle* Thank you love. *sniffles again*" 

  Jonghyun lifted his head up ever so slightly and rested his chin on Kibum's right shoulder as the idol soon discovered his boyfriend had started to cry alongside with him. 

Kibum was still rubbing his hands up and down his bandmate's back as Jonghyun's hands began to lightly caress Kibum's back to comfort his partner. 

 

A few minutes pass by like that until both have calmed down enough to maintain steady breathes here and there. Although the tears decreased, they haven't stopped flowing down either idol's face. 

Both release from the embrace as Kibum tugs on Jonghyun's hand to motion him over to the soft pillows covered in light gray pillow covers propped up on the headboard near the soft cool creamy white sheet and navy blue comforter draping over the side of their bed. 

Kibum sits himself up against the pillows while Jonghyun takes that as a cue to snuggle up beside his bandmate and rest his head into Kibum's shoulder and neck.

The younger wraps one arm around the older's waist securing him into a warm and loving hold. 

"Hey babe?" Jonghyun asks Kibum in a soft and still emotional voice while leaning in even closer to the warmth of the younger. 

"Yes baby?" Kibum replies in a stuffy post-sobbing now just lightly crying voice as he lifts up his boyfriend's sweatshirt on the side to trail his nails softly in little patterns over the smooth skin of Jonghyun's back-side as a comforting and relaxing touch. 

"What if I made a mistake to say goodbye to all the Blue Nights for now?" he asks with concern  as he begins to tear up and doubt his decision on leaving Blue Night

Kibum knows that this decision was by far one of the most difficult things Jonghyun had to do in his life. To some it is just another radio show, but to SHINee World, SHINee members, and JjongD it was a major portion of his life for three years. 

Kibum kissed the top of Jonghyun's head then lifted his free hand to brush away some strands of hair and kissed his forehead before feeling the other shift closer to him enough to slide his hand to his puppy like boyfriend's back while continuing to lightly trail and softly scratch in comforting various patterns. 

"I can't say it was wrong or right honey, it was your show and whenever you come back to MBC everyone will be more than happy to see their emotional, sweet, and lovely Blue Night JjongD again."  

Kibum lifts Jonghyun's chin up with his other hand and says softly with a small smile on those perfect bow shaped lips showing both dimples "can't wait to see my lovely and perfect JjongD again." 

Jonghyun manages a little smile through those puffy eyes revealing his sweet and glistening brown puppy eyes that Kibum loves so much. 

Kibum removes the hand that has been moving across Jonghyun's back to take both hands and gently hold his boyfriend's face while staring into those deep chocolate big puppy eyes filled with so much emotion and love for the other that can only make Kibum smile and sniffle before kissing Jonghyun. 

Both close their eyes and share a sweet kiss one with the taste of salty tears acting as a silent promise to always be together. 

After the kiss is over, Jonghyun moves the sheet and comforter over the two as they turn off their bedside table lamps and turn back to each other. 

Intertwining Jonghyun's left hand with his right, Kibum looks at him right in the eyes and says "I love you more than anything in this world my sweet love Kim Jonghyun." with the sweetest smile imaginable. 

"And I love you more than anything in this world my beautiful Kim Kibum." Jonghyun says with the most loving smile imaginable. 

The two give each other one last sweet kiss on the lips before they snuggle up together into a warm embrace underneath the sheet and comforter going off into their own dream worlds while awaiting to wake up later that morning to go to the airport and fly to Japan for SHINee World V Concert. 

 

EARLIER AT 2:00 AM = Blue Night FINAL VIEWABLE BROADCAST 

"This has been Blue Night I am Jonghyun. I too, will rest and come back. Everyone, as usual, and peacefully, please come and rest tomorrow too. I love you all."