the master plan

crush on you ღ - vernon&dahyun drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Vernon usually tries to block out the white noise when his best friend lectures him about being oblivious about girls. He semi-seriously considers demoting Seungkwan from his “best friend” position, but to be completely honest, he’s not sure when Seungkwan took over the position in the first place. His friend is kind of just like that, worming his way into things that are entirely not his business, all the damn time. Seungkwan tells them it’s his duty to make a difference in people’s lives; Jeonghan calls it what it actually is: meddling.

All that aside, he’s mostly successful at ignoring Seungkwan’s nagging until his best friend starts speeding up his words to fit them all in before homeroom starts, and he catches him blurting - “and I don’t even know why Dahyun is totally into you!”

Dahyun has lived next to the Boo family since she moved to Seoul in the first grade. She and Seungkwan got off to a rather bad start after he tried to steal her Pororo stuffed animal at age 6, until Seungkwan offered her some Jeju specialty black pork as a peace offering. They’re not best friends at school or anything like that, but they walk home together if they both don’t have any after-school club activities.

“Hey, are you dating anyone right now?” Seungkwan asks on their way home from school, trying to keep his eyes from twinkling deviously. Dahyun’s known him long enough to know when he’s executing one of his master plans.

Said girl chokes on her chocolate milk and stops walking. Seungkwan fondly pats her back a few times until she stops coughing. “If I had a boyfriend, I wouldn’t be walking home with you, would I?” she laughs as she starts up her pace again.

“Okay, good,” he carefully adds. Of course, he already knew she was single, or else he wouldn’t have started "Master Plan Get Dahyun and Vernon Together." Silence overtakes the pair as they turn the corner. They’re usually quite chatty, which means she’s unsettled. Perfect. “Because, you know, I have a friend who’s interested. If you’re interested.”

“In me?” Dahyun furrows her brow as she visualizes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter