Hiccups

Hiccups
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What's cookin'? Literally," Nayeon asked, her arms wrapping around her girlfriend's slim waist, sneaking under the pink apron the younger one was wearing. It was the one Momo chose when they went shopping for necessities the previous weekend. Apparently, a pink apron with a pig slash cow hybrid on it was a necessity.

Or maybe, apparently - Nayeon was just whipped.

"Nayeon, it's just pasta." Mina would sigh, but it would be for the fourth time in the past five minutes and Nayeon had only just gotten up. There was a whole day ahead of them.

"Pasta sounds good, but Myoui pasta sounds even better," Nayeon was quick to say, the playful tone not lost on Mina and the older one's intentions becoming clear when the tip of her nose traced Mina's neck, the action making Mina squirm and let out a high-pitched 'stop, you're tickling me'. "Tickling you my ," Nayeon scoffed against her skin, the younger one sighing at the profanity, "Admit it, there's another reason you're squirming."

"Nayeon," Mina yelped in embarrassment, struggling against the girl's hold, "Jesus, stop distracting me," she said, carefully adding more pasta - piece by piece.

"You and your precious pasta," Nayeon grumbled and poked Mina's side.

"Nayeon!" The younger one scolded and looked around. "Let's give you a job. You can, uh," Mina's eyes stopped on the products for the sauce. No, we need something easy. Her cooking abilities are tragic, after all. At least she's cute. A little annoying, but cute. "Cut the tomatoes. Can you do that for me?"

Nayeon mumbled something in response, pretending to be indifferent, but the bounce in her step when she walked to get the cutting board gave out her actual feelings. What can she say - it always made her feel good about herself when Mina trusted her with something.

Mina couldn't help, but glance at the girl from time to time. It's not that she didn't trust her, but it was Nayeon and Nayeon and a knife was not a good combination. Her suspicions were confirmed when after five minutes of complete silence she heard the older one let out another huff of annoyance.

"Nayeon, everything okay?"

"It's just-- Jesus -- Are these tomatoes made out of rock? Why can't I cut them? Maybe the knife is defective." A frown could be heard in Nayeon's voice. "Mina, tell me you didn't give me a defective knife. You won't do that to me, right?" She turned towards the other girl and squinted her eyes. "Or maybe you would. Is that a payback for that time I--"

"Nayeon, calm down," Mina couldn't help, but giggle. "I did not give you a defective knife. Come here, let me see that," Mina walked over to her girlfriend and wrapped one arm around her waist. She looked at Nayeon's hand holding the knife and back to Nayeon's face a few times, her smile faltering slowly. "Are you doing this on purpose?"

"What do you mean?" Nayeon scoffed, but genuine confusion was written on her face.

"Im Nayeon, why are you holding the knife upside down?" Mina asked, taking a deep breath and trying to stay calm. Usually, she found Nayeon's stupidity rather endearing. Not that Mina just called Nayeon stupid, but hey - who holds a knife upside down without realizing even after ten minutes. This time it wasn't that endearing, because she was making this for Momo and it had to be perfect. "Look, you know that this is for Momo, right?" Mina started in a tone similar to how you will talk to a little kid.

"It's not like I did it on purpose." Nayeon crossed her arms, lifting her chin up and turning around to leave the room.

Mina shook her head. Her girlfriend just had to be like a child most of the time.

Wasn't she the oldest in the rela--

"Hic!"

Both girls turned around to see Momo walking in the kitchen.

"Uh," Mina tilted her head, amused, "hello to you, too."

"Sorry guys, I think-- hic -- I have a problem." Momo said, the hiccup making her whole body jolt.

"Aweh, our Momoring is so cute," Nayeon exclaimed, pinching the girl's cheeks, the little argument with Mina long forgotten.

"Are you sure it's not some s-- hic -- serious deadly illness that will get me out of dance practice?" Momo asked with her lips resembling those of a fish, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter