CHAPTER 10

THE WIND SPIRIT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sandara had always known that the Park family was consistently optimistic. They would always see a silver lining in every problem before them. So despite the danger hanging over their heads because of the threats of the wind spirit, the Park family had chosen to celebrate her safe return rather than worry about the problem. Everyone was also excited because of Sandara's adventure in the future and the arrival of Jaejoong, a man from the future.

 

 

          When Jaejoong walked into the dining room, all the noises and chatter of their large family ceased for a moment before almost simultaneously beginning again. This time, everyone started greeting and welcoming Jaejoong as if he was part of the family. All wanted Jaejoong to sit beside them on the long table. To stop the commotion, Grandpa Jin-Mo decided to intervene.

 

 

          "Be silent everyone. Jaejoong will be sitting beside Sandara." No one dared question the decision of the Park Family's patriarch.

 

 

          She gave Jaejoong a timid smile when he sat on the chair beside her.

 

 

          "I'm sorry about this. I didn't know that Hero and I would also drag you into this time," she whispered.

 

 

          "Are you going back to the future, Jaejoong?" interjected Mino who was sitting across the table. "You should just stay here. You can use your future knowledge to start a business or help a lot of people!"

 

 

          "Mino, ask your questions later!" Aunt TaeHee curbed her son's enthusiasm.

 

 

          "But that is what leading men in sci‑fi movies do, and they become very successful!" continued Mino.

 

 

          "If Jaejoong remains here, what about his family in the future?" butted Jisoo, Sandara's teenage cousin on the side of Grandma HyeJung.

 

 

          "He's right! His wife and children must be waiting for him," added Bobby, Jisoo's brother.

 

 

          "Are you married, Jaejoong?" asked Grandma HyeJung.

 

 

          Everyone in the dining table got quiet. All eyes turned to Jaejoong.

 

 

          Jaejoong had no choice but to answer.

 

 

          "No, ma'am."

 

 

          "Girlfriend?" pried Mino.

 

 

          Jaejoong shook his head.

 

 

          Sandara felt her cheeks grew hot as everyone's attention turned toward her!

 

 

          "No wonder my sister dragged you here. She can't find any guy in this time that meets her standards," teased Jinwoo.

         

 

She wanted to hide under the table. She also wanted to smack her brother's face, but he was sitting at the end of the table.

 

 

          "You two look good together," commented Aunt TaeHee.

 

 

          She was speechless with embarrassment. Why was she the only current single, unattached woman of the right age for marriage in their family at this time?

 

 

          She glanced at Jaejoong. He was also looking at her intently! Was he thinking that she deliberately brought him here in 2016 to be her boyfriend?

 

 

          Although she did want to get to know Jaejoong more when the wind spirit began to transport them back in 2016, it was never part of her plan to bring Jaejoong here!

 

 

          Despite these reasons in her mind, she couldn't deny that Jaejoong had come back with her on this time period. She would now have the time to get to know him better. She would also find out what she really felt for him and why her heart kept fluttering whenever their eyes met.

         

 
                   

 

 

          In the middle of the noisy dinner, the Park family patriarch stood up. Everyone ceased chattering and teasing. Once he was sure he had gotten the attention of everyone, he sat again on his chair at the end of the long table and stared at every member of their large family.

 

 

          Grandpa began to address his large family.

 

 

          "We must all be ready for the return of the wind spirit. Based on the stories I heard from my grandparents, the wind spirit never breaks his words. He always kept his word once he swore or made a promise. Which means that if after a week and he remains inside the wolf's body, he will indeed hunt and kill every member of our family."

 

 

          Grandpa eyes focused on Sandara.

 

 

          "Are you really sure you don't have any powers to free the wind spirit from the wolf's body?"

 

 

          "Grandpa, I'm just an ordinary girl!" she insisted. "The stupid wind spirit simply assumed that I was the one responsible when he suddenly found himself trapped inside the wolf. He had this mistaken belief that our family has some sort of magical powers because of what Great‑Great‑Great Grandfather Seojoon did to him. But I think our ancestor only tricked the wind spirit into thinking that our family has magical

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter