_*Chapter ONE*_

~*Koi No Yokan*~ (Kim Taehyung ❤ Zhou Tzuyu)

A single bead of sweat made its way down his cheeks disappearing into the collar of his t-shirt.

“It is sweltering. How much longer is it going to take? That guy was supposed to show up at 7am. It is now 10am. Yah! Kim Taehyung I’m talking to you!”, Jimin prodded his best friend who was standing motionless beside him his revolver drawn.

“Park Jimin. Is this your first day on this job?”, Taehyung questioned emotionlessly his eyes focused into the distance.

“You do not have to get all antsy. After all I followed you on this mission willingly to help you out. If not you might have been stuck with Coni hyung.”, Jimin shrugged and wiped another errant bead of sweat that was slipping down his cheek.

Taehyung rolled his eyes. At the rate Jimin was complaining he may have well brought Coni the portly older cop on that mission.

“I know that look. You are wishing that you brought along Coni hyung instead don’t you?”, Jimin snorted.

“Quiet.”, Taehyung gestured with his index finger at the red Ferrari pulling up at the dingy shop front. It was strange to see a brand new car pulling up at a broken down shop selling second hand car parts but Taehyung and Jimin knew all about the disguise the drug mule used to run his shady business.

A short stubby man emerged from the Ferrari carrying a large red briefcase. Taehyung scoffed at his blatant audacity. Usually drug mules tried to be as inconspicuous as possible but not Black Cobra. Cocky yet sneaky much like his nickname Black Cobra organized his syndicates in such a manner that he had easily eluded the nets the police had set out for him.

“Not this time.”, Taehyung said aloud and Jimin gave him a vigorous nod. It was about time the two of them took down that oily son of a who had ruined countless lives.

The instant Black Cobra entered the run down building Taehyung and Jimin started to move.

“Do you have your bulletproof vest on?”, Taehyung gave his best friend an once over. Jimin nodded silently.

Loud voices echoed inside the shophouse and Taehyung gave the hand signal for Jimin to storm the shophouse. The remaining of the team were waiting at the back for Taehyung’s signal.

“NOW!”, Taehyung yelled and kicked the door down with Jimin following hot on his trails. The rest of Taehyung’s team stormed in through the back door their shields up at the ready.

Bullets ripped through the air as Black Cobra and his gang opened fire onto the intruders. He caught sight of Taehyung and did a double take. A knowing smirk spread across his face as he observed the look of pure fury in the younger man’s eyes.

“We meet again!” he yelled over the ricocheting bullets. Taehyung attempted to advance towards Black Cobra but Jimin pulled him back just in time that Taehyung narrowly avoided a bullet to left shoulder.

“YAH KIM TAEHYUNG!! DO YOU WANT TO DIE?!!!”, Jimin shouted his eyes wide with shock. He was not about to lose his best friend to impulsive decisions.

“He needs to die. He took her away from me. He made my daughter motherless.”, Taehyung growled, his gaze unwaveringly on the smirking man across the living room. At that moment all his rational thoughts slipped out of his mind. His only aim was to put a bullet through Black Cobra’s ugly skull.

“NO! You listen to me Taehyung. I let you partner me on this mission for the sole reason that your expertise was invaluable. I am in charge and I am telling you. STOP.”, Jimin placed a hand on Taehyung’s chest.

Though his burning desire refused to die down Taehyung knew that direct orders were not to be disobeyed. With a resigned groan he backed down.

“Take the room upstairs Taehyung. I’ll be right behind you.”, Jimin told him more kindly and Taehyung nodded. He knew he was going to get a talking to when they returned to the office but Taehyung was not going to complain.

Moving up the stairs slowly Taehyung approached the master bedroom where muffled noises emanated. Aiming his gun at the doorway Taehyung kicked open the door. An elderly lady sat sobbing in the corner holding a baby close to her. A young woman was lying on the floor next to her motionless.

“Is she..”, Taehyung pointed at the young woman. The elderly woman nodded tears still streaking down cheeks.

“He killed my daughter. She overdosed on heroine. What am I going to do with my grandson?”, the elderly woman wailed.

“Sssh. Quiet. I’ll get you to safety. Follow me.”, Taehyung told them in a matter-of-fact voice. He felt for the grandmother and grandson duo but he had a job to do.

“Come on out.”, Taehyung lead the two down the stairs. He heard shouts, far off gunshots in the distance. Hoping that Jimin and everyone on his team were safe and that they actually managed to apprehend that son of the Black Cobra Taehyung decided to bring the grandmother and grandson out through the front door.

He did not notice the man hidden in the broom closet near the front doorway nor did he noticed the revolver in his bloodied hands till it was too late.

A gunshot popped off and the grandmother’s panicked scream echoed around the front lawn bouncing off the shiny red Ferrari.

“You are seriously amazing Kim Taehyung. How did you manage to get shot on the first active mission after two years?”, Jimin held his best friend’s hand as the ambulance sped towards the hospital.

“Park Jimin. I just got shot and you are still nagging.”, Taehyung winced as he held the ice pack over his bruised left pectoral muscle. He was extremely fortunate that he had been wearing his bulltetproof vest that had thankfully stopped the bullet from making too much of an impact. However Taehyung had the breath knocked out of him for a few minutes and he had a huge ugly bruise on his left chest just above his heart.

“If you had died back then..”, Jimin sighed. Taehyung patted his best friend’s hand.

“Don’t be so sappy Jimin.”, Taehyung smirked and earned a punch from him.

“I am not you buffoon. I am worried about you. Why don’t you talk to me if you are hurting? Do not let it affect your work. Do not let it affect your judgement. You are not in the position to lose your life right now. There is a little one waiting for you at home. Remember that Kim Taehyung.”, Jimin spoke firmly.

“Yah nag me later. I’m sleepy.”, Taehyung winced again when he tried to heave a sigh. Jimin glared at him but did not pursue the matter. Hoping that he would be able to be back on active missions within a few days Taehyung pressed the ice pack closer to his chest and shut his eyes.

-------------

Author's Note : The first two chapters will be an overview of the invidual lives of Taehyung and Tzuyu. Before they actually meet I'd like the readers to know just a bit more about their backgrounds. It is not like people meet and fall in love within a day right? Haha. They all have their own past, history, challenges. Anyways I hope you all liked my first chapter aka Tae's intro. Next chapter would be Tzu baby's and Mina's intro. Comments and suggestion are appreciated and valued. :D Till the next chapter.. 

- Leena :*