Baby Don't Like

It's Not So Bad If You Close Your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN:// So I thought it'd be interesting to have a SeKai installment to this story. I quite enjoyed writing it as well. Sehun's and Jongin's characters were hilarious. Anyways, I hope you all enjoy it! For now, this is the end of this story. However, recently, I've been thinking of writing a ChanHo epilogue to show their relationship development. Let me know what you guys think of the idea!

 

***

 

Pale perfect skin, thin pink lips, sleepy disinterested eyes, sharp God-sculpted jawline, slender runway legs, curvaceous and a lean but shapely body. He was Oh Sehun, the Magnificent- or so he referred to himself anyways. His mother always smiled and kissed his cheek and his father would scoff but eye him fondly and Junmyeon- well Junmyeon would just roll his eyes and continue reading through his mountain of notes.

Being the baby of the family and such a good-looking one at that had manifested into him being a spoilt little brat, always knowing how to get what he wanted and how to get away with doing stupid and -ish things. For example, in kindergarten, he’d painted Kyungsoo’s face in various shades of fingerpaint and made the poor child cry but when it was time for his punishment he’d simply told his teacher that Kyungsoo was like the pretty flower on the paper that needed colouring. After batting his thick eyelashes and pouting a bit, he was given a pat on the head and waved off with a promise to apologise to his friend. Of course, he didn’t.

Girls both envied and admired him and boys questioned their uality around him. Everywhere he went, people flocked at his feet and Sehun milked the attention, taking what he wanted and giving nothing in return. He was fairly smart, not as ambitious or eager like his older brother, but he’d never gotten anything less than a B in his life and when he was accepted into the same university as Junmyeon, he’d felt like that would be his crowning moment in life, his prime where he could really let loose and fully enjoy the gifts he was graced with. 

As a student of the Modern Arts, he’d learnt how to be creative with his body, especially dancing and it worked well for him into wooing his classmates to do his bidding, ually and otherwise. It wasn’t until halfway through the first semester when a new student had joined his degree programme that Sehun’s fantastic little world came crashing down all around him.

Golden skin, thick lips, deep calculating eyes, the gait of a predator with the moves of a well-oiled dancing machine and his body- oh god his body was carved out by Michelangelo himself. Sehun had almost popped a when the boy had entered and his velvety voice introduced himself as Kim Jongin, lips quirking at the side into a half smirk, muscles rippling beneath his smooth skin.

 

***

 

“ me, I’m done for,” Sehun groans, plopping himself at the lunch table, head falling forward onto the surface with a bang that startles Junmyeon out of the article he’s drinking up while chewing on his salad.

“Firstly, ew and secondly, what’s up?” Junmyeon asks, eyeing his younger brother strangely. Sehun has always had this confident air about him but now he just looks like a frustrated puppy and while he admits it’s satisfying, it’s a bit disconcerting to know that something is bothering his brother to such an extent.

“It was a figure of speech, you moron,” Sehun snaps (and Junmyeon momentarily thinks, ‘ah, he’s back,’) before deflating and adding, “There’s a new kid in my program.” He promptly shoos away an unfamiliar face that clambers up to the table with a box of chocolates. The boy deflates instantly and Junmyeon flashes him a sympathetic smile, watching as he walks away with hunched shoulders.

“So?” Junmyeon doesn’t follow. What’s wrong with new kids? Shouldn’t this be a golden opportunity for Sehun to use his -wetting charms and hypnotise the poor soul into doing his bidding until he no longer has use for him?

“So!” Sehun whines and makes a weird noise at the back of his throat. “So...” he trails off, face flushing slightly as he buries it in his palms. “He’s hot… like really hot.”

It takes Junmyeon three minutes of intense staring at his brother’s crumpled expression before he finally gets it. OH. “You like him?” he asks incredulously because Oh Sehun has feelings? What miracles? No, it’s more like what sorcery?

“I- no! I do not! I just- maybe-want-to-shove-my-tongue-down-his-throat-but-also-want-to-hold-his-hand-and-cuddle-with-him-in-bed-and-oh-my-ing-god-I-do-like-him-hyung-help-me.”

‘Karma, biatch,’ is what Junmyeon thinks (he doesn’t curse) but outwardly, he sighs and pats Sehun’s back. Poor kid. His little Sehun is finally growing up and learning about life. “Have you tried talking to him?”

“Yes. I did. I said ‘Hi, I’m Oh Sehun’ and he just looked at me and said ‘Jongin’ before waltzing away like I was thorn in his or something. Like who does that? I’m hot, hyung! He looked at me like I was a piece of lint! Lint, I tell you!” Sehun is almost screeching now and the occupants of the table behind them are giving both him and his brother strange looks but he doesn’t give a because he’s having a pre-midlife crisis here!

Junmyeon exhales deeply through his nose. “Maybe he doesn’t like your overconfidence? Next time you approach him, try being a little more subtle.” Junmyeon knows for a fact that Sehun had probably pulled all the stops when introducing himself. He’s seen it countless of times, the way he flaunts, juts his hip to accentuate his and his lips just to ensnare his victims. “He’s new, Hun. Just go easy.”

Sehun nods absent-mindedly, barely listening to his older brother’s advice because while it’s all very sensible, he has more pressing matters at hand like the fact that Jongin has just entered the food court with Soojung’s arm linked in his own. Jung Soojung is a student in all of their dance classes, her love for the art form pushing her to take the dance electives that were available for her General Art degree. Sehun blatantly admits that she’s one of the most beautiful and endearing girls he’s ever met. They actually get along pretty well, always able to match each other’s snarky comments good-naturedly. What he does not blatantly admit is how ing perfect she looks next to Jongin as they settle at a table on the other end of the food court, laughing and talking about something that’s apparently funny.

Junmyeon removes the bottle of water from Sehun’s hand before he crushes it, his gaze following his younger brother’s fiery own. “I’m guessing that’s your lover boy with Soojung over there?” he asks and when he receives no response, he chuckles and ruffles Sehun’s hair. “Remember what I told you about being subtle. You don’t even know if he swings that way so just… take it easy okay? I have class in like fifteen minutes. I’ll see you later.”

When Junmyeon leaves, Sehun mulls over his brother’s words. It’s true. He doesn’t know if Jongin likes guys. He’d been stupid enough to assume that he did- or stupid enough to assume that Jongin was easy enough to convert because of his dashing looks and quirky personality. He comes to the painful realisation then that he is not everyone’s heartthrob. That there is one person on earth who may actually not want to sleep with him and ironically, it’s the only person that matters. His appetite gone, Sehun throws his salad into the trash and pretends he doesn’t hear Soojung’s voice calling out to him to join them, opting to spend some time alone with his thoughts.

 

***

 

“Hi,” Sehun chirps a little too enthusiastically, slinking down into the chair next to Jongin. They’re reviewing the Merchant of Venice from Antonio’s point of view, highlighting his desperation to please Bassanio even though he knew he was being used. Sehun guiltily, for the first time ever, feels like Bassanio. Jongin responds with a lazy ‘hey’ and a yawn that makes him look like a tired puppy. Sehun’s heart soars. He seems just about to fall asleep on himself, slouched in his seat, arms crossed over his chest and snapback pulled low over his face, hiding most of his platinum blonde locks.

Soojung joins him soon after, slapping his arm rather forcefully, a frown marring her pretty features. Sehun masks his annoyance, turning to her with a smile and pokes her cheek repeatedly until her lips quirk into faint grin. “You ignored me yesterday,” she hisses even though she no longer looks like she’s about to rip Sehun’s heart out and bite into it. “And don’t say you didn’t hear me because I very well knew you did.”

Sehun sighs. He really wants to tell her but he’s not ready yet. He still hasn’t fully figured out himself. This emotions thing is all new to him and he feels like a different person so much so that he’s been rejecting every person that comes his way. It’s uncomfortable and scary actually- and it also makes him feel like a ty person. “Sorry. I just had a lot on my mind.”

Soojung looks like she wants to press him for more but decidedly nods, features softening even more and pats Sehun’s shoulder. “It’s fine. Make it up to me later?”

“Americano?” he questions in amusement.

“With a donut. The cream-filled one.” Soojung states, eyes twinkling with mirth.

Sehun snickers. “Of course, Your Royal ertedness.” Jongin seems to have dozed off on his other side and Sehun focuses on listening to his steady breathing and occasional soft snores instead of taking notes on the analysis of Antonio’s character.

 

***

 

Sehun is sitting stiffly in their usual cafe, Soojung at his side and Jongin across from him. The boy barely acknowledges his presence, yawning around his donut and getting powdered sugar at the sides of his mouth. Sehun’s fingers itch to wipe it off but then he’d make a total fool of himself and he’s pretty sure he’s done that enough in Jongin’s presence.

“I thought it was just going to be us?” he questions playfully and Soojung rolls her eyes.

“Well your gay doesn’t work as a deterrent to idiot men anymore so I had to find someone else,” she snorts and even though it’s a joke, Sehun feels a slight stab to his chest. Again, this is new. He isn’t sure what to make of it. His eyes quickly glance to Jongin who regards him with a slightly quizzical expression and he feels his skin heat up under the man’s gaze.

“Whatever. Here. Go wild, you betrayer,” he quips, shoving a few bills into her dainty hands and watches with a smile as she skips over to the cashier, eyeing the pastry display. Maybe he hadn’t thought that through because now, he’s alone with Jongin and he notices that their knees brush under the table and it makes his stomach all tingly and weird.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter