"I like you"

5 Years and Counting

Baekhyun glanced at the tall, lanky male beside him, who was laughing obnoxiously at the funny scene that was playing on the laptop on their laps. 

 

It was a day off for them; to give them some time to relax before they all need to work their asses off for their debut. The other members seemingly using this opportunity to go home or to spend their times with their friends, going out for a movie or just for a walk. But not in Baekhyun and Chanyeol's case. They preferred to stay in bed and did their usual movie marathon, cuddled under the blanket and just spending time together. 

 

Baekhyun watched as Chanyeol laughed once again when something funny came up, his right eye doing the usual twitching that it'd do when Chanyeol laughed hard or even smiling a little bit too wide. Maybe for some, it looked scary, or creepy even. But in Baekhyun's opinion, it was the most beautiful sight ever. Chanyeol's eyes were so wide and expressive; it's the gate to his soul. And when it did the twitching thing, then Baekhyun knew that Chanyeol was definitely over the moon.

 

And to think that it came out everytime Chanyeol was with him, it made Baekhyun's heart swelled in proud.

 

Baekhyun still remembered the first day he came into SM - how scared, nervous and lost he was. But, all his insecurities and nervousness vanished into thin air when Chanyeol came to him with his big smile and lanky self, introducing himself as the happy virus there. Baekhyun was taken aback at first, yes. But true to Chanyeol's words, he really was the happy virus, because the next moment, Baekhyun found himself smiling and happily being dragged by Chanyeol to meet everyone. 

 

When they were told that they'd debut under the same group, Baekhyun was sure everyone was turning deaf from all the noises that came out from both of their mouths. They were not known as the noisy duo for nothing. Baekhyun was so grateful, because he got to stay with Chanyeol, the one person that was the closest to him. It's not like Baekhyun weren't close to anybody else - there were Jongdae, Junmyeon hyung and all the other members. But, Chanyeol was the one who he opened up to first, so it was only normal that Chanyeol held the top spot in his heart.

 

Baekhyun didn't know when his heart started to beat faster for Chanyeol. Maybe it was somewhere between spending most of the times together, maybe it was when Chanyeol would always pulled him close to his side, holding his hand whenever they were side by side. Or maybe when Chanyeol had always apologized to him whenever they had arguments, though both knew that it was entirely Baekhyun's fault. But Baekhyun thought, maybe he started to fall for the taller when Chanyeol hugged him when he had a breakdown that one night, patiently craddling Baekhyun in his long and strong arms until Baekhyun felt better again. Or maybe it was the kiss on his head after - Baekhyun didn't know.

 

But one thing that Baekhyun knew, he was falling for his bestfriend. Hard.

 

"Baekhyun?"

"Baek?"

"Bacon?"

"Bakhyun?"

"Baekahun?"

"Baek?"

 

"Yah, Byun Baekhyun! Are you even watching this?"

 

Baekhyun snapped out of his daze when Chanyeol flicked him on his forehed, making him whine in pain. Baekhyun gave Chanyeol a glare, though it looked more like an angry little pup's glare. Chanyeol laughed and flicked his head once again, "You deserve that." Baekhyun was ready to punch Chanyeol on his arm, but Chanyeol had predicted it and he caught Baekhyun's small fist in his hand, sticking his tongue out to Baekhyun to rile him up even more.

 

"You need to learn other tactics, I've known your every moves already."

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes at Chanyeol's words and turned to face away, his mouth starting to form a pout. No matter what, he couldn't win with Chanyeol and that's so annoying he wished he could just put a sock in Chanyeol's face. But, he loved him so he decided to just spare Chanyeol's life. 

 

Baekhyun was startled when long fingers pulling at his chin so that he faced Chanyeol again. Chanyeol let out a soft smile and brought a finger to brush at Baekhyun's reddening forehead, "Does it hurt? I'm sorry." Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun closer and blew softly on his forehead before ruffling Baekhyun's head, acting like he's the hyung. 

 

Baekhyun actually felt Chanyeol's lips brushing on his forehead, but he thought that maybe it was just his imagination.

 

And there it went again; the loud thumping of his heart against his chest. Whenever Chanyeol did something like this to him, Baekhyun's heart would beat so fast that Baekhyun though it would jump out of his chest, leaving him breathless and dying there. It had become so frequent nowadays that Baekhyun considered going to a hospital, but he himself knew what it was. 

 

It's the sound of him falling in love with his bestfriend.

 

Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol from under his lashes, as Chanyeol was still holding his chin and their faces were still close to each other. Baekhyun didn't want to be hopeful, but sometimes, he would see this one look in Chanyeol's eyes; the one look that took Baekhyun's breath away. That one look that made Baekhyun feel so much things from and he didn't know what to make out of it. That one look that made Baekhyun feel like he's the only one in Chanyeol's eyes. 

 

That one look like the one Chanyeol was giving him now. 

 

Maybe it was because it was just the two of them, or maybe because Chanyeol was giving him the look. Maybe because Baekhyun was too lost in his feels, or maybe he was too full with his feels that he couldn't contain it anymore. But he didn't regret it when he blurted out a soft;

 

"I like you." 

 

Baekhyun could see the shock in Chanyeol's eyes, but it was just a flash that Baekhyun didn't sure if it was there or not. But the taller was smiling after, nodding his head. 

 

"I know. I like you too." 

 

Baekhyun frowned and pushed away Chanyeol's hand from his chin, sitting up straight. He put away the laptop that was on their laps before turning to Chanyeol once again, holding his gaze on Chanyeol's, showing the giant on how serious he was being right now. 

 

"No, Yeol. I like you, as in, like like." 

 

Baekhyun saw Chanyeol's smile widened and the latter ruffled Baekhyun's hair, purposely messing with his hair. 

 

"I know. And I told you, I like you too."

 

Baekhyun was getting frustrated. He was so damn serious but judging from the look on Chanyeol's face, the guy hadn't gotten the message yet. He didn't know what to do anymore to get it through Chanyeol's thick skull that he liked him. More than a friend. Definitely more than bestfriends. 

 

"No, you don't understand! I like you, more than a friend should! I like everything about you; I like how you laugh at my jokes, I like how you are always there beside me, I like how you share everything with me, I like how you care about me too much. I like you. I like you so much."

 

Baekhyun was breathless by the time he finished talking. But, it was not enough. Chanyeol was still smiling his usual smile, still looking like he didn't understand what Baekhyun was saying. Baekhyun huffed out an annoyed sigh and took Chanyeol's face in his hands, staring straight into the taller's eyes. 

 

"Listen, I like you so much that I feel like having you only to myself. I like you so much that whenever you look at anyone else, I feel like punching that person's face and take you to lock you up inside our room. I like you so much that everytime I see you, I just want to hug you and never let you go. I like you too ing much that I want to grab your face and just kiss you senselessly, till we both are out of our-"

 

"What's stopping you?"

 

"breathe.. What?"

 

Baekhyun's eyes widened at the three words Chanyeol had uttered. He blinked too fast that he could feel his head getting light, his mouth was opened and closed like a gaping fish. He was so taken aback that his mind had become numb and he couldn't think of anything. 

 

Baekhyun could only watched as Chanyeol brought up his larger hands to cover Baekhyun's smaller ones that were still holding on his face, caressing the knuckles of Baekhyun's hands softly. 

 

"I know, Baek. I know everything. I know that you like me, way before you know it yourself. And I've told you, I like you too. More than how a friend should."

 

Baekhyun opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out. He was still processing Chanyeol's words in his mind, but he didn't think his brain was cooperating with him right now. He knew that right now he must be looking like a lost kid or like someone who was retarded and he was sure as hell that he was being so unattractive right now. But, he couldn't help it.

 

There were so many questions on his mind; like when did Chanyeol know? How did Chanyeol know about his feelings? Was he too obvious? Why did Chanyeol not say anything? Did Chanyeol really like him back, or was it because he didn't want to hurt Baekhyun? 

 

There were too many questions swirling on his mind that he swore he could see them flying in front of his eyes. Too many questions to ask but still, the thing that came out of his mouth was, 

 

"What?"

 

Baekhyun saw Chanyeol chuckling at his antics before the giant leant forward to him and kissed him right on the lips. Baekhyun's eyes were wide as saucers, wider than Kyungsoo's even, at that one move and he could feel his brain exploded, leaving him with nothing to help him function. 

 

It was just a short one, a peck on the lips, because before Baekhyun even got to think what he should do - whether to push him away or kiss Chanyeol back -, Chanyeol had pulled away, smiling at his dumbfounded face. Chanyeol brushed a finger at Baekhyun's lower lip, leaving a tingling feeling on the brunette's lip, making Baekhyun shudder. 

 

"Do you get it now?"

 

Baekhyun blinked a few times as his eyes were glazed with daze. He took a deep breath and tried to force his brain to function with him. Though, it was not really helping when Chanyeol was just a breath away from him, looking at him with those eyes that could melt him right on the spot. Baekhyun braced himself and looked once again into Chanyeol's eyes, searching for answers. 

 

He was right when he said that Chanyeol's eyes were the gate to his soul. His eyes were shining like they usually did, like how they shined when Chanyeol was being too happy, like how the two almond eyes sparkled when Chanyeol accomplished something, like how they were brimmed with love when Chanyeol looked at puppies or animals in general, like how those eyes were glazed with glitters when he looked at..

 

Baekhyun.

 

Those looks. The looks he had been giving me. The way he looks at me all these times. The way he stares at me, looking like I'm someone so precious to him. The way.. Oh my god, he likes me. , Park Chanyeol likes me back! He ing likes me back asdfghjkl

 

Baekhyun could feel his heart pounding even louder and faster; he could feel his heart swelled because of too much happiness that his eyes started to brim with unshed tears. He could also feel his hands being squeezed by Chanyeol's larger ones, making him sure that this was happening. That none of this was a dream. He could feel every feelings combined into one, leaving him suffocated from all of those intense feelings.

 

But still, it was the best feeling he had ever felt in his whole lifetime.

 

"I.. don't think.. I get what you meant. Maybe.. one more kiss can make me understand?"

 

Chanyeol laughed out loud at his words - the one laugh where he threw his head back and laughed with his eyes twitching, all of his teeth showing - before exclaiming a loud 'I can give you millions of kisses even when you don't ask for them' and diving onto Baekhyun, making the latter fall on his back with the taller hovering him. Baekhyun let out a laugh at the clumsy giant but his laugh was then silenced when Chanyeol leaned down and closed the gap between them, trapping Baekhyun's thin lips between his plumps ones. 

 

Baekhyun smiled into the kiss before wrapping his arms around Chanyeol's neck, pulling the taller closer and kissing the lights out of him. It was something that he had waited for so long and he wouldn't let this chance go. Though he knew that he could do this anytime he wanted starting from now, because no matter whether Chanyeol liked it or not, Baekhyun had appointed him as his boyfriend.

 

But Baekhyun was sure, Chanyeol would agree with anything Baekhyun said anyway.

 

And when Baekhyun said that Chanyeol was now his boyfriend, then so be it.

 

 

THE END.