Welcome Home, Winter

The Boss and the Babysitter

 

 

Music

Start: 심술 [Grumpy] - (Bolbbalgan4)

End: 이쁘다니까 [You Are So Beautiful] - (Goblin OST)

 

She thought Aein was my daughter? LOL. That was funny. No wonder she looked so concerned the whole day. She thought eomma was neglecting my little sister. It's a good thing she spoke out about her assumptions before everything got out of hand. 

She is good with Aein, and little sister likes her. Even though she won't be working with me tomorrow, it would be best if she still reports to me to help with Aein. I should call Jeff and tell him to let her come back tomorrow with him. 

I paused from working on the papers on my table and reached for my phone. I had to call Jeff now.

"Hello, Jeff. Yes, it's me. I wanna know if Miss Hwang is available tomorrow? I'd like to hire her as my personal assistant for the duration of my work here, if it's feasible. Yes? Good. Have her report to me tomorrow. Do you have her number? Send it to me. Okay. Thanks. See you tomorrow. Goodnight."

I smiled to myself. I wouldn't have any problems who'd take care of Aein while I work. I placed my phone on the table and got up. I went to check on Aein. I slowly opened the door to her room and saw her sleeping soundly. 

One of the night lamps was still on. Aein couldn't sleep with the lights off, she at least had to have one night light on. I left that lamp on, and went back to my room to finish my work. My phone buzzed and I saw that eomma had sent me a message. She asked how I was doing and asked about Aein. I told her it was evening and that Aein was already asleep. I didn't tell eomma I had hired a babysitter for Aein, though. That would let me lose points from eomma. LOL. I wanted her to be proud that I was able to take care of little sister by myself. And that's why I won't be giving the babysitter eomma's number. She might spill the beans that I hired her to take care of Aein for me.

 


 

I had called Jeff to meet me at a restaurant near the office. I brought Aein with me to the restaurant for breakfast. She didn't have to endure eating delivery everday. If Namu and Taehyung saw us today, they'd probably laugh at me. I mean, I had dressed Aein in the first piece of clothing I could pull out from her suitcase that eomma had packed for her. She didn't look like a proper little girl, though. Maybe it was her hair, I don't know. 

Aein had looked at herself in the mirror and shouted, "Aaahhhh! I wanna wear pink skirt. Yoo-gi-ppa!"

I rummaged through the suitcase but didn't find any pink skirt, or maybe I was just lazy to actually sort out the clothes. I just told her eomma may have forgotten to pack it for her. She believed me though, and asked me to tie her hair. I struggled with it, of course. But I did what I could. She didn't complain though. She had smiled at herself in the mirror. It meant she was satisfied with what I did to her hair.

Anyway, I ordered breakfast first because of Aein. Jeff would just place an order once he got here. Miss Hwang should be with him when he arrives. I had told Jeff that particular instruction and he had confirmed.

Miss Hwang. Because I couldn't seem to remember her first name. I was stupid for calling her lots of names and didn't even get it right once. All I remember is that her name sounds something like the weather. Maybe I should let her wear a nametag?

LOL.

"Winter eonni," Aein was pointing at the door of the restaurant. My eyes followed the direction of her finger.

I saw her hurrying toward us. So Aein remembers her name. And I didn't. I chuckled. Jeff was behind her, talking to someone on the phone. I nodded once to acknowledge their arrival. Jeff and her bowed slightly before they sat down opposite me and Aein.

"Good morning, Mr. Min," Jeff greeted me. 

"Good morning, sir." She greeted me as well, then turned to look at Aein. "Hello, Aein."

My little sister beamed and scooped a spoonful of mashed potato and handed it to Winter. Yeah, I kind of remember her name now. Hahah!

"It's for me? Thank you, but you need to eat. I have had my breakfast already."

I motioned for Jeff to just place his order, then addressed Winter. "Miss Hwang, it's my treat. Order anything you want. It's going to be a long morning."

I doubt she knew she'd be babysitting my sister. Hahahaha! And I don't mean to tell her, I want her to realize it on her own. I know, I was kinda mean, but I just wanna see her reaction.

"Thank you sir, but I had breakfast already and I'm still full. I'll make it through the morning with what I ate, sir."

"Suit yourself, then."

"Ne, I will. Sir."

Let's see, then.

 


 

After breakfast, Jeff briefed me on the schedule for the day. We were going to four stores today, so that would mean we'd be going home late at night. I smiled mischievously when Jeff said that the fourth store was located almost two hours away from the third store which was also two hours away from where we were.

Winter was listening intently as Jeff recited the itenerary for the day. Aein was doing her own thing on her seat. She had busied herself with tearing tissue paper on the table and wiping the plate with her fingers. I was distracted for a bit. I wanted to see how Winter would handle it. I deliberately ignored Aein and waited for the reaction.

"OMG. Aein...No...I mean...Let's go wash your hands. Don't touch your face with your hand- Aishhh!" 

I raised my eyebrow at her when I looked. Aein looked at me with pleading eyes. Then I sighed and told her to go with Miss Hwang to wash her hands.

In the car, Aein asked if I could call Taehyung for her. I dialled his number and waited for Tae to answer before I gave it to Aein and start the car. Jeff and Winter was in the other car. 

"Taetae, yes. It's me. Aein wants to talk to you."

"Okay hyung. I'm just about to go to sleep, but it's okay."

"Aein, here's Teyungie."

I gave her the phone and she started babbling. I knew Tae would understand whatever she was saying, because they shared the same mental age. I started the car and signaled for Jeff to lead.

 


 


Reaching the first store to visit that day, I unbuckled Aein's seatbealt. Jeff and Winter got out of the other car and waited for us. I held Aein's hand while we walked to the store. Jeff led the way to the manager's office this time. He was the one who introduced me to the manager. Before I left to start the meeting, I turned to Winter.

"Please tell me if you will be taking my sister somewhere first, okay?"

"Y-yes, sir."

"Thank you."

"Uh..no problem sir."

That went on for the other stores we visited that day. Come evening, Jeff offered Winter a ride home, but I insisted she come with me and Aein because...I needed her help with taking care of Aein for the night. I still haven't told her I hired her as Aein's babysitter.

Jeff went home alone, and Winter rode with us in the car.

We arrived home already late. Aein had fallen asleep in the car and I had to carry her upstairs. We had dinner out before heading home, because there would be no time to cook if we waited until we reached home. Winter followed me upstairs.

"Uh, sir. I'll take it from here."

"Jinjja?"

"Ne. I'll just knock on your door after I'm done, before I go home."

"Okay. I still need to review these papers anyway. Thanks for today again."

I went straight to my room and placed my stuff on the table. I decided to take a warm shower before working. I could use the therapeutic effects of warm water. When I finished, I felt refreshed. I changed into comfortable clothes for sleeping. I was used to wearing a white tee and loose pajama pants, so I got myself into those. I started working on the files I had brought back from the store visits that day.

I checked the time. It was really late, past ten in the evening. I realized Winter still hasn't knocked on my door since I took a shower. I stopped to listen for some familiar sounds and voices, but I heard none. Obviously, it shouldn't take long for someone to undress and change clothes of a little girl, right?

Hmmm...

I stood up and walked out my door. I stood outside Aein's room. The door was closed. I slowly opened it and peeked inside. A smile formed on my lips as I saw my sister snuggled up with Winter. She had her arm around Aein. I leaned on the doorway and watched them sleeping. The faint light from the one lamp that was lit made them look like they were sleeping under the stars.

I felt like a stalker.

Should I wake her up and tell her that it's time for her to go home? But, if I wanted her to babysit my sister, wouldn't my home be her home now, too?

Hmmm...

Yeah. 

"Welcome home, Winter Hwang." I looked at her sleeping frame, then went out of the room and slowly closed the door.

 



 

Yoongi is falling for her without realizing it yet.

I think he wants her to stay in his house because he wants to see her everyday. LOL.