Two (Past)

Save The Last Song For Me (Editing)

This chapter is Baekyeol's past. I'm going to write from present to past and so on before we finally can get to reason why Chanyeol leave Baekhyun


Chanyeol took a deep breath before he knocked on the door in front of him. He prayed hard that his mother will be in good mood today.

“What?” a female voice answered from inside the room. The female voice was so loud that it made Chanyeol flinch a little.

“Umma, it is me. I just want to tell you that the breakfast is ready,” Chanyeol answered.

Chanyeol then tapped his feet on the floor as he waited for his mother to reply. After waiting for a few minutes, a frustrated sigh then came out when he didn’t get any reply.

“I’ll put it on the table. You can eat anytime if you feel hungry.”

Chanyeol headed to the dining room. Although he felt bad for leaving his mother without waiting for her to come out, he can’t doing anything about it. He shuddered as he recalled the time when he forced his mother to eat. He couldn’t let the same incident happen again.

He looked at the clock hanging on the wall, and he saw that he still forty minutes before his first class started. Luckily for him, his school only takes fifteen minutes of walking from his house. Thus, if he leaves now, he’ll still be able to make it to his first class. He will just eat his breakfast at the school.

“I’m hungry.”

Chanyeol jumped a little because of that. He then put his hand on his chest to calm down his racing heart. He turned around to face his mother with a small smile on his lips.

However, his smile almost died down after he saw his mother’s appearance. Her long and curly hair was in disheveled manner, and she is wearing the same white t-shirt for almost everyday until its colour became almost become yellowish. Lately, he had been busy looking for a new job. Thus, he didn’t have time to check on his mother.

He then tried to touch his mother’s hair, but his mother quickly slapped his hand away as she glared at him angrily. His heart ached a little because of that, but he still try his best to maintain his smile. It looks like he can help his mother clean herself after he comes back from school.

“Your breakfast is on the table, Umma.” Chanyeol said as he pointed his finger toward the dishes on the dining table. “I’m going to head to school now. You’ll be fine on your own, right?”

He stood there as he waited for his mother to say something. What he never expected was his mother suddenly pushing all the plates to the floor.

“What is this!? Why you are cook such thing!?” His mother angrily yelled.

“Umma, I’m sorry. Please calm down. I’ll cook whatever you want to eat, okay?”

Chanyeol was nervous, but he tried not to show it. He still doesn’t understand how a simple breakfast, which consists of fried egg and a hotdog, will trigger his mother, and he was afraid that his mother will lose control again. Despite that, he won’t leave his mother alone until she has calmed down. It doesn’t matter that he will be late for school. Right now, his mother is his top priority.

“Umma…”

His eyes widened slightly when his mother reached for the cup. He quickly ducked his head when his mother threw the cup toward him. The cup then hit the wall behind him.

His mother huffed before stomping back to her room. A loud slam can be heard after that.

Chanyeol let out the breath that he had been holding. He started picking up the shattered piece of the cups. He winced in pain when he accidentally cut his finger. Tears started to come out from his eyes. He quickly wiped it off. He needed to finish cleaning up this mess before he can leave.


Baekhyun angrily kicked the rock on the street. He even felt annoyed by the leaves that had started to fall off from the trees as he never stopped to sweep the leaves from his hair.

He wasn’t this grumpy this morning, especially as today was the start of autumn. However, his good mood was ruined, all thanks to his father. His father was being ridiculous this morning because he asked him to quit choir club and focus on his study instead when he never had any bad results in his exams. He wasn’t being arrogant or anything, but he is one of the top ten in the school.

He knows what his father was trying to do. His father was always against his dream to become a singer, saying that a singer doesn’t have any future at all. Oh, he’s definitely going to prove how wrong his father was.

“Wah! So beautiful!” a deep voice yelled.

Baekhyun raised his head, and he saw a tall male student, judging by the school jacket that he was wearing, standing in the middle of street. He was mesmerized by the scene in front of him. The student was showered by flowers that was falling off from the trees.

He finally had a better look at the student. He must say that this student was a very beautiful, young man. The student’s hair was a bit curly, and he must say that it suited the student.

There was a red scarf wrapped around the student’s neck. Part of the scarf had covered the badge, making him a bit disappointed because he wasn’t able to see which school this student study at.

What made him unable to take his eyes from the tall student was the smile that he spot on the student’s lips. He must say  it was a very beautiful smile.

“Oh no....I’m going late for my class!”

Baekhyun snapped out from his trance. He wanted to stop the student from leaving, but he was a bit too late because the student had already ran off from there. He cursed himself for his slowness. He should have asked for the student’s name when he had the chance to do so.


Byun Baekhyun was a non-believer of love in the first sight. However, he changed his perspective after he was one of the unlucky guy who experienced it. He now must admit that love in the first sight did exist.The guy who managed to make him feel like this, it was none other than the tall student.

It had been one week had since that day he saw that male student, and he can’t stop thinking about that student. He even purposely leave the house early until it made his mother question about it, and he had to lie to his mother that he had something important to do at school.

However, his efforts came out fruitless because he never saw that student again despite that he been standing the same spot for a week.

Even today’s result is the same, which was the reason why he is inside the music room right now. He wanted to take his mind off from that male student before he really loses his mind.

His fingers pressed the piano keys. He started playing his favorite song as he sang along with the tune.


Chanyeol yawned, his hand flying up automatically to cover it. Today is an unlucky day for him. First, he overslept because he forgot to set up his alarm clock last night. He would only wake up in the afternoon if not for his mother knocking on his door and yelling at him to prepare food for her.

Because of that, he had to run all the way from his house to his school. Despite that, he was still late, and he was caught by the discipline teacher who was standing in front gate to catch the late students.

Since it was his first time being late, the discipline teacher didn’t give him detention. However, he still had to stay back to clean up the school corridor. He hoped that he will able to make it for his part time job. It wasn’t easy for him to get this job as waiter since he didn’t have much experience in serving people, and he can’t lose this job because it pays much higher than his previous job as cashier in convenience shop.

He shuffled forward, intending on cleaning the floor ahead, when he saw the faintest of sliver of light, peeking out from under the door in the music room. Who could be staying back at such a time? All the other students had long returned to their residences, and so, it was very rare for someone to be in the school.

Thus, Chanyeol was curious, and he nudged the door open with one cautious hand. His breath was stolen by a petite male student, singing while playing the piano inside the music room.

He knew that he should continue his task and leave this male student alone, but this male student has a very melodious voice which made him want to keep listening to it. 

He then closed his eyes as he listened to every word of the song lyrics. Not only does this male voice is melodious, he also sang with full emotions. The piano’s sound just makes this song perfect.

He couldn’t stop himself from clapping his hands when this male student finally finished singing. He realized his mistake when the male student stared at him with shocked expression in his face.

“I’m very sorry!” Chanyeol apologized. He quickly bowed his head before he ran away from the room.

“Wait! At least tell me your name! Damn it! I was too late again.”


Author's note: Poor Baekhyun. He isn't able to get Chanyeol's name. XD