One

Within the Silver Moonlight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin had been a servant at the manor since he was a child. He had seen nearly everything that went on with the people who came and went from the estate, including the day they brought the wild wolf. He remembers the day clearly, as though it was yesterday, though it was nearly 15 years ago. 

Jimin was six years old they day they brought in the wolf. They had him trapped in a cage lined with silver and Jimin could see how it burned the creature in every place his body came into contact with it. The guards seemed to show no mercy towards the small, clearly terrified animal. 

Jimin ran through the grass to keep up with men carrying the cage, hidden within the trees just south of the manor. He was filled with wonder and curiosity towards the entire situation, he waited behind the garden beds as he intently stared at the men ripping the wolf from the cage. It yelped as a guard tossed it to the ground and dug a heel into its throat. Jimin suddenly felt an urge to get up and yell for them to stop, but couldn't find the courage to stand up to the guards. 

After some few moments of digging through a large satchel attached to a grand stallion, one of the guards pulled out a long metal wand. With the flick of his wrist Jimin saw what looked like lightning spring from the tip of the wand and hit the wolf lying on the ground, causing the create to let out a howl of pain louder than anything Jimin had heard before. 

The guard holding the wand seemed entirely unimpressed and when he made a move to repay the action, Jimin finally found the courage to run from his hiding place towards the guards. 

As a six year old he didn't have much strength, but he hand enough to knock the unsuspecting man backwards to trip over the wheel of the carriage carting the silver cage. “What the hell-” he began to growl, but instantly stopped when he saw Jimin fling his body onto the wolfs. 

“What do you think you're doing boy?” He snarled, standing up and holding the wand over Jimin and the wolf. 

“You can't hurt him again. He's just a puppy.” Jimin cried, hugging tighter onto the almost unimaginably soft black fur. 

The guards are chuckled and the one holding the wand made the move to attack both Jimin and the wolf, but the calm voice of the estates master ceased every motion from everyone in the near vicinity. “Now, I do hope you aren't planning on using that weapon on my youngest servant and new my prize. You know I can't have either of those things damaged.” 

The guard, lowered the weapon as quickly as possible, fear evident in everyone of his movements. “N-no sir. I was just trying to-” 

“Don't waste your breath on excuses.” 

He looked down as the harshness of the master's words hit him. “Apologize to young Jimin and I will task someone else with escorting my prize to the basement.” 

The guard looked down at a still terrified Jimin and the hard conscious wolf. He scowled in anger, embarrassment rising inside of him like a tidal wave. He didn't want to ever have to apologize to creates who no higher than dirt in terms of status, he was a man of near nobility and this wasn't something he should be forced to do. Even still, he spit out the words, traces of venom interlaced with all three syllables of the two words. 

The master smirked as the guards pride became visibly wounded. “You are all dismissed.” 

Each of the guards took their leave with haste, practically running away from the scene. When they were all gone, the master approached Jimin and the wolf. “What are you doing?” He questioned, kneeling beside Jimin. 

“They were torturing him. They used lightning and that cage has a metal made of fire that was burning the puppy.” 

The master looked at the way Jimin's small body was draped over the wolf. The wild creature, even at its young age, was much larger than Jimin. The wolf, if it had been standing could have been almost the height of Jimin, only about a foot shorter. It was impressive, the master couldn't wait to see what size such creature would grow into after its maturity. 

He looked away from his prize back at his servant. Tears were lining Jimin's face as the younger held on tightly to the creature's fur in an almost protective manner. “If you're not injured I need to return to your duties Jimin. The manor must be cleaned spotless before my guests arrive later tonight.” 

“The puppy…” Jimin said, squeezing himself impossibly tighter against the animal. 

“He is not a puppy Jimin. He is a wild beast, who given the chance, would tear you apart without hesitation. The only reason he hasn't made a move to eat you, is because he is sedated.” 

Jimin shook his head in disbelief, the creature he was now holding couldn't possible capable of such acts of cruelty. “He's hurt. I can't leave him alone.” Jimin said, almost beggingly. 

The creature did seem to be hardly conscious and certainly was injured, bits of burned flesh striping his body, presumably from where he had laid on the silver cage. The master, feeling somewhat charitable and partially pitiful towards the creature nodded. “I will arrange for him to be taken care of. However, I need your word you will not seek this creature out. I was not lying to before, he can and will kill you.” 

Jimin sat up, looking down at the sorrowful animal. Their eyes met, the wolf’s flashed a brilliant shade of gold Jimin had never seen before in his life, before they closed completely. Jimin contemplated the words, he didn't believe them, but perhaps, if only for the sake of this poor puppy, he should obey his master and pretend to believe his words. “He’ll really try to hurt me?” Jimin questioned, placing a hand on the wolf. 

“He will kill you if he can.” The master replied. 

Jimin gave one last discouraged and sorrowful look at the wolf, before letting his hand slip from the creature's fur down to his side. He looked away from the wolf and stood up with the master, forcing himself to not look back, even when he heard what sounded like a whimper come from the creature. “Do I have your word Jimin?” The master asked. 

“Yes milord.” 

“My lord, Jimin.” The master corrected with a small smile. 

“Yes, my lord.” Jimin replied. 

The masters smile widened just a hint as he ushered for Jimin's leave. “Now go. Don't forget I have guests tonight.” 

Jimin nodded and darted off, towards the main hall to begin his duties. He still didn't look back, even when he heard a broken howl that made his chest ache. 

*** 

The pain was overwhelming. Jongin felt it in every inch of his bones and flesh. He was still sore and dizzy from all the silver those guards injected into his body. The woman, Miss Kim, made some of the pain a little mor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter