Chapter One

Reset

Reset

Chapter 1

          DMZ, November 2010

It was a midnight on the winter season, it was dark and cold. A North Korean couple were seem to running away from their country, like they didn’t even know the risk if they got caught by the soldier. With the dream of living in peace the two running against their fear, thinking that they’ll be fine once they found South Korean soldier.

Holding hand, the two kept running, and crawl under the electricity fence – it’s not that they didn’t have any fear or anything to be worry about. Their face kept showing those fear expression as they were crawling under those icy-cold electricity fence, and then their face showed relief expression as they passed the fence, but soon the relief feeling once again turned to another shocked, yet worrisome expression as they were facing what’s in front of them. the biggest landmine field in the world. “Are you sure about this?” one of them is whispered in fear. ”Trust me, Sungjae-ya” It was the answer the other one was giving before he held his hand once again, tighter than before and guide him step by step through the mine field, guiding each other so that nobody would step on a mine.

Seeing the other one was in fear – his body was trembling, another one stopped to move just to stare at the trembling boy “Sungjae-ya. Look in to my eyes. Just look into my eyes. Don’t worry we’ll make it” then he gave his sweet smile at the trembling boy, soon the boy calmed down a bit, the tremble was not as much as before. “A little more and we’ll be find our dream coming true” the smiling boy said again as he move another step.

Meanwhile, on South Korean Headquarters near DMZ

Dan-gyeol (salute). Sergeant  Jung Yunho” a man saying firmly while giving salute to another man infront of him.

“Today, we have a report that there were two suspicious men coming from North Korea. They could be spy from North Korea. I want your team investigate their identity. I don’t want you to kill them but make sure to get their information. Now report to me who will be in your team.” Said the man.

“Sergeant Jung Yunho. Corporal Yoon Doo Joon , Corporal Jung Taekwoon and Corporal Son Dong Woon will join this mission as my team.” Yunho said with loud and clear voice. All who are in the room looks so tense cause this is not a small matter.

“prepare your troop now” the man said again

“Command accepted.” Yunho said and then turn and leave the room

Although it’s already past the midnight all the soldier still awake and are ready to be commanded anytime including Jung Taekwoon. The new soldier that just enter ROKA last season.

BAMM

Someone slam the door and break the silence

“at 02:00 AM , Corporal Yoon Doo Joon-”

“yes , Corporal Yoon-Doo-Joon”

“Corporal Jung Taekwoon”

“Yes , Corporal Jung-Taek-Woon”

“and Corporal Son Dong Woon”

“Yes , Corporal Son-Dong-Woon”

“were commanded to a mission under Sergeant Jung Yunho. All the soldiers that mentioned have to meet him in briefing room in 5 minutes. Report finished” as soon as the soldier finish their words all the soldier give him salute and he leaves the room. The three mentioned soldier start to prepare themselves and immediately left the room while running to briefing room .

Not even 5 minute passed  all the soldier enter that small briefing room. Sergeant Jung Yunho get in to the room and start to talk about their mission.

 

DMZ Zone

The moon shines brighter than the other day. At least that’s what that couple felt. Every step their make add more confidence in their heart. Just a few meter more and they can see the soldier post. And here they are, passed that frightened mine land.

“Please help us!!” Minhyuk screaming trying to catch the soldier’s attention. A soldier walks approach them. A slight of hope comes to their heart. Minhyuk and Sungjae walks along the road approaching the soldier that stand firm with their weapon.

“DON’T MOVE” the soldier suddenly yell at them and shocked Sungjae. He hold Minhyuk’s hand tight. He knows from the begining it’s not easy to passed and live in south korea.

400 m behind them, Yunho’s troop stand with their weapon and point their weapon to SungJae and MinHyuk.

“it’s not going to work Minhyuk-ah. Look behind Minhyuk. There’s a lot of soldier there.” SungJae said to Minhyuk. Trained as Millitary doctor train his sense to always be aware.

“I know SungJae. Calm down everything will get better.” Minhyuk smiled to SungJae “let’s moving forward SungJae. Let’s try to talk to them.” Minhyuk continued.

“NO” SungJae suddenly screamed and not long after it, a loud bang can be heared everywhere. Without thinking SungJae hug Minhyuk from back and fall. Minhyuk catch SungJae. His back covered with blood but smile never leave his face. SungJae rubs Minhyuk’s face.

“you have to live well Minhyuk. You have to chase your dream. We have come t-this far.” SungJae said. Minhyuk’s face now covered with his tears.

“noo Minhyuk-ah! We have to live happily! You have to survive SungJae-ya” Minhyuk said while hold tight SungJae’s hand. All the soldier ran to them.

“Let’s bring him to military hospital first!” said one of them. Minhyuk carry SungJae and run with the soldier to the military hospital.

“BLUE CODE! BLUE CODE! DR.JANG!” one of the soldier screamed as soon as they arrived at the hospital and not long after that a doctor ran and start to look at SungJae’s condition.

“it’s worst. We have to move him to bigger hospital.” Said the doctor, while shook his head as a sign that they couldn’t do it here. As soon as they heard the doctor’s word they quickly carry the wounded man to the truck, going to the nearest hospital.

 

XX University Hospital

“Sir, we’ve got an emergency situation.” One of the soldier said panting, as he pointed at the male who carried the wounded man.

“Sir please help me” The man pleaded to the doctor infront of him.The  doctor’s expression suddenly changed when he heard the man talked to him. “Please sir. Save SungJae”. The doctor only told him to wait as an answer, and leaving the man frowned.

The doctor quickly walked away from the men who waited for his help to his room. “Sir aren’t you have a patient to be operated?” a rounded eyes boy asked the doctor who’s now frowned.

“I won’t do it” The doctor said it shortly, sharply. “There’s no way I’ll do it. IT’S NORTH KOREANS! WHY I HAVE TO HELP THEM?!”

 “But isn’t our duty to save them, either South Korean or North Korean, our duty is to save people’s life, r- right?” The boy asked.

“If you think so, you do it then” the doctor yelled at the boy.

“I understand” The boy mumbled as he left the room. Worried as he walked to the Emergency room. “How am I supossed to do this.” He mumbled as he read the chart. He was just 1st year doctor and never do surgery to someone especially with a shoot wound.

Just as he was being panicked, another young doctor came and walked near him. chic , tall and looked genius with those glasses. “let me help you with that.” Said that young doctor as he took the paper that the young doctor read. “yak! Yong JunHyung how many time do i have to tell you to never speak to me!” the other doctor yelled to JunHyung. “ stop being arrogant in this time Dr.Yang. We have to save that man before it’s too late.” Said Junhyung to Dr.Yang and rushed went to E.R.

“YOU HAVE TO COME NOW DR.YANG” Junhyung yelled to Yoseob that still standing there dazed. Yoseob rushed to E.R when Junhyung’s voice wake him up from his daze

“prepare a lot of blood pack Nurse Kim! Nurse Jang help us push this bed to surgery room” Yoseob start to give his command while JunHyung try to cover his wound hope that the blood will stop coming out

“Yoseob-ah get in to the bed and cover his wound I’ll push the bed” JunHyung said and Yoseob start to go on the bad and push SungJae’s wound. “Next time you called me you better call me Dr.Yang. I don’t want my name come out from your mouth.” Yoseob said and Junhyung just keep silent and start to push the bed

 

Second changed in to minute and minute change in to hour but there’s no sign that two young doctor will come out from the surgery room. MinHyuk still sat there in tears. He heard everything that the first doctor said. Anger rush his blood and he feels like he is going to explode. He still can’t figure out why a doctor can say thing like that. He swear if something happened to SungJae it’s purely this south people’s fault.

“Come with us! You still have to be interrogation” said a soldier while grab his hand. “You already know everything! WE JUST WANT TO LIVE FREELY . WE JUST WANT TO BE HAPPY. THAT’S WHY WE COME HERE!” MinHyuk suddenly yelled. He let out all of his anger , disappoint and sadness. Everything mixed up and he can’t bear it anymore. “You can say it at the office.” Said the soldier and pulled Minhyuk and bring him to the office.

 

At Military Office

Minhyuk just arrived at their office when he suddenly heard a man yelling. “ARE YOU IDIOT?! DIDN’T I HAVE SAY TO YOU THAT DON’T SHOOT THEM!” after that he could heard like someone throwing something “CORPORAL JUNG TAEK WOON, ANSWER ME!” that voice again. As soon as he heard that name he feels like anger rush his blood again. He really want to get in to that room and hit the one who shoot his SungJae.

 A man suddenly walks out from that room. It’s Jung TaekWoon! Minhyuk can see his name clearly from the nametag that hang at his chest. He really want to punch him but the soldier push him to walk in to the same room Jung Taek Woon just left.

“Lee MinHyuk and Yook SungJae. Is it right?” asked a man. MinHyuk just nodded. “we can accept you to have Republic of Korea nasionality but we also know that Yook Sungjae works as soldier in North Korea which is we can’t grant that we can give him the nasionality status just like you to Yook SungJae” The soldier said. MinHyuk look at his nametag and finally he knows that it’s Jung Yunho. “He was military doctor” Minhyuk replied shortly

 

March 2009, Seoul University

It was such a bright day , sunlight light every corner of that big university. A couple walks side by side and a lot of people watching them just like celebrity couple. They are pretty famous as campus couple in Seoul University. Tall and handsome guy with cutie boy beside him. Everything seems just right with them. Handsome and cutie , perfect high diffrence , and both of them are going to be a doctor soon. But not like usual , they are not talk each other or even throwing smile each other. Usually they will tell joke and laugh when they are together.

Another strange things showed in the classroom when they are not sit side by side. Yang Yoseob , the cutie boy sit infront while Yong JunHyung sit 2 rows behind him with a girl. “it’s must be right! They are break up already!” said one of a girl there. “looks! Junhyung is not gay! Aww poor Yoseob kk~” said another one. Yoseob just sit there calmly while clenching his fist.”Kim Jiwon is better for JunHyung through! She is Ministry of Health’s daughter through!” a man said while looking at JunHyung and Jiwon.”JunHyung left Yoseob for that girl? I don’t know that Junhyung is a gold digger” said the other “I can confess to Yoseob then” he continued.

For Yoseob that’s the most torturing 2 hours of his life. He really want to cry now or just go home now but he can’t. The more he try to keep focus with what the professor teach the more he drawn in to his memory with JunHyung.

The first time they step in to collage student , the first time they enjoy their daily life as campus couple , how sweet JunHyung toward him , how cute JunHyung when he try to cheer him up , how JunHyung always try to teach him if he can’t understand what professor taught infront, how JunHyung massage him when he tired , all the fool things they did together and how caring JunHyung to him. Tears streaming down Yoseob face and he wiped it quickly before the other know. And there , without he knows , JunHyung watch him all the time . clenching his fist and hold himself for not go to Yoseob place and hug him like he usually do when Yoseob sad. “oppa..” Jiwon whispered as she hold Junhyung’s fist. “we can stop if you want..” she continued. “just watch your health well” JunHyung said as his eyes still point there, looking at his man.

Day to another day passed like that. The new campus couple were born. JunHyung and JiWon. People jealous at them as JunHyung acted like a gentleman toward her. Go to the campus together , open the door for her , always by herside all the time.

Time passed and this is the last time all the future doctor studied at the university. they will start their intern life, experiencing new chalange to be real doctor.

 

Seoul , 2010

A day passed just like that. SungJae moved to a room and Yoseob still there to check things when MinHyuk rushed to get in to SungJae’s room. “he is okay, right? Nothing’s wrong with him, right?” MinHyung asked to Yoseob while he held SungJae’s hand. Yoseob smile at the young couple infront of him “Yes , He is okay now at least now” yoseob said to them. “what do you mean?”MinHyuk look at Yoseob closely. “he can fall in comma if he still not awake until next morning. The bullet almost cut his heart but thanks God it’s not.” Minhyuk grab Yoseob’s collar as soon as he heard what Yoseob said. “I know you all are south korean and we are north korean people. But can a doctor act like this?! I heard what the old doctor said! I wonder if doctor here are real doctor or murder.” Suddenly the door opened wide and JunHyung stand there and run to them. He pull Yoseob to his back “i know that you must feel angry toward us because of what happened today but we can call the police now for this. You just have to trust us. We will save him no matter what.” JunHyung said while try to calm MinHyuk down. MinHyuk just walk and sit beside SungJae again, “we are North Korean but please help us.”MinHyuk said “we will” JunHyung said after that he hug Yoseob and lead him to go outside the room. Yoseob looked so shocked because of what just happened. “it’s okay Dr.Yang. you are doing great” as JunHyung said it Yoseob burst in to tears and JunHyung just can rubbed his back. “I-i’m not doing any mistake , right?” Yoseob’s shaking voice hurt JunHyung even more. He really hate to see Yoseob cry. “trust me. You are doing great. And i think you are better than that old bald professor that refuse to help the patient” said Junhyung.

Yoseob can’t close his eyes even a second that night. Sungjae’s condition not showing any improvement. Yoseob keeps watching how MinHyuk stay all night beside his lover and how he holds Sungjae’s hand.

“Dr.Yang” Junhyung calls Yoseob. “yes Dr.Yong?” Yoseob replied but his eyes still locked at the couple infront of him. “go and sleep a bit. I will watch them for you” said Junhyung. He knows how tired Yoseob is after what happened this day. “like you care” Yoseob replied shortly without paying any attention to Junhyung. “you better stop all this drama before you passed out infront of the patient” said JunHyung while he pulls Yoseob out of the room.

“Dr. Yong!” Yoseob kept on call the name of the man who’s pulling him right now, wanting the man to let go of his hand or stopped. “Yah! Yong Junhyung! Let go of my hand!” he yelled, as he pulled his hand from Junhyung’s grip, and walked away from Junhyung without noticing the man’s eyes at him ever since he let go of his hand from the man’s grip. He still regret it. He regret making that decision, to go out with the health minister’s daughter without telling the male who’s no more on his sight. He regret making that man  crying. His eyes still full of regret, even at this moment.

He want to run and grab the male’s hand but he can’t. Just like that day…

 

                March 2009

It was a beautiful spring, the flower were blooming. Making the day more colourful.

They said that spring is the season where you will find your soulmate, the season where you’ll find a true love. But, to them it was just like autumn. The season where your lose your love, just like the brownish leaves that fall from the branches.

“I think we should end this relationship.” The cute male said to the handsome male who stood in front of him. “I’ve thinking about this since a week ago. I know I’m so selfish that I don’t want to lose you, I still want to keep this relationship going but-” he can’t stand it anymore—his tears just started falling across his face. “I don’t think you would like to keep this relationship for a long time. Let’s just end this.” He said before turn back and run away from the handsome in front of him, just before he could hear the handsome male’s explanation.

“Yang Yoseob! Wait” he tried to yell the cute male’s name but the male already gone from his sight. Just like the leaves that blown by the wind, and just gone with it. The cute male is no more on his sight, as if he was gone with the wind. All he could do is just stared at the path of the cute male that he managed to record with eyes full of regret.

He wanted to turn back the time to just have enough time to explain everything to the cute male. But, he knows, he can’t do that, he admit it, he just too coward to explain all of it to the smaller male.

 

                Seoul, 2010

SungJae’s condition got better and better everyday. It brings hope not only for Minhyuk but also for the young doctors. They believe he will wake up soon. The young doctor just do his morning routine when suddenly he catches  some movement from SungJae’s finger.

“Yook Sungjae-ssi! Can you hear me? SungJae-ssi?” Yoseob keeps call his name try to wake the man infront of him.

“M-min Hhyuk. W-where is he?” asked SungJae

“Thank God! He just go a while ago to eat at the canteen. I’ll call him if you want!” replied the cute doctor. He is so happy and excited that the guy finally wake up.

“yes, please.” Said SungJae and shows his weak smile. Yoseob ran to the canteen and try to find Minhyuk. “Minhyuk-ssi!!! He finally wake up!!!!” said Yoseob to Minhyuk with his bright smile “Thank God! I want to meet him!”said Minhyuk while tears streams down his face. He ran as fast as he could to reach Sungjae’s room but a soldier stop him when he reach the room.

“we need to interrogate Yook SungJae and you are not allowed to visit him now . “said the soldier that makes Minhyuk want to explode but he knew that he couldn’t do anything. “Let him meet Mr.Yook SungJae. He is not in a good condition” said Junhyung when he go out from Sungjae’s room. “not in a good condition?! But you said he is doing well!” said Minhyuk with face full of disappointment.

“I’m sorry”

“ off” said Minhyuk and Junhyung move immediately.


“S-sungjae. Sungjae-ya?” Minhyuk gets in to the room and kneeled immediately near Sungjae’s bed. “hey. Morning” Sungjae smiles at Minhyuk and try to reach Minhyuk’s hand. “please... stay with me” .“i know that its almost the time.. please listen to me.. I love you more than anything Minhyuk-ah.. you know that right?” Minhyuk just nodded and tears keeps steams down his face. “Minhyuk-ah.. you got what you want now.. reach your dream cause you are free now..”said Sungjae. “yes Sungjae-ya.. but p-please stay with me!”.“I Can’t. Minhyuk-ah thank you so much for everything. And can you kiss me? I miss it”

Minhyuk kissed Sungjae softly. He pours all of his feeling and his love in that kiss as his tears pouring down on his face, as the long beep sounded across the room.

‘Sungjae-ya.. I promise I will never forgive them! I love you’

 

TBC   

 

hello! i'm back with new story hihi. this time i made a collab fic with my cutie friend luv_b2st! hope you like it ^^
don't forget to comment and subscribe or even vote up our fic!
Thank You!