À La Carte

À La Carte (Yoonmin)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When the waiter stops by to freshen their water and ask if anyone wanted dessert, a tipsy Jimin mumbles out loud, “I love your pianist...”

 

Jungkook chuckles at the sudden outburst—Jimin’s cheeks turn a deep scarlet, the blush spreading quickly as he attempts to correct his words, “I-I mean—not yours or mine either—uhm sorry, he’s just so perfect...well maybe not perfect but talented...yes, that it he’s perfectly talented...and beautiful...his eyes...and those...lips...he’s enchanting...”

 

Taehyung rolls his eyes as he internally face-palms, handing his credit card to the grinning waiter, “Seriously man, sorry—Jimin’s been a little emotional since his boyfriend broke up with him four months ago—honestly, he doesn’t mean any harm...please don’t ban us from the restaurant, I really love your food.”

 

Jungkook pulls a now teary Jimin into his arms as Namjoon takes the card—his eyes linger over the embarrassed boy for a minute before replying, “Actually, it’s funny you should mention that—Min Yoongi, our pianist, has been depressed for the same reason—usually I get patrons complaining about the gloomy music selections...no one ever sympathizes with the artist’s emotional frame of mind so believe me, at this point it’s a welcome change.  If you’ll excuse me, I’ll take care of this for you.”

 

Taehyung’s gaze slips from Namjoon to Jungkook—eyebrows raised in stark surprise—as the waiter leaves to tally the bill, “Unbelievable, what are the chances of that?”

 

Jungkook’s eyes track the waiter as he strolls across the restaurant floor to the bar and hands the man behind the counter the card and bill—they seem to be in a deep discussion as the bartender’s eyes dart from their table to the pianist and back to the waiter.

 

The younger boy looks down at Jimin, brushing away his tears, “Jiminie hyung, please stop crying...he’s not worth any of your tears...”

 

Jimin hiccups, “N-no, that’s not it—I embarrassed you and Tae in front of the waiter—God, I’m so awkward...I just wanna go home, please get me out of here Kookie.”

 

“We’re almost done, as soon as Taehyung gets his credit card back we can go, hyung...” Jimin nods, pulling away from his younger friend—eyes lingering over the boy in the black fuzzy, turtleneck sweater making beautiful music pour from the baby grand piano.

 

Jungkook gets a strange feeling as he watches the waiter—the bartender hands the check holder back to Namjoon with a bottle of water—the waiter bows his head, casually ambling over to the pianist...

 

He sets the bottle down and whispers in Min Yoongi’s ear—the blonde boy’s eyes immediately lift, scan the room and then stop at Jungkook’s table—landing specifically on Jimin...whose eyes are still attached to the pianist.

 

A shiver runs down Jungkook’s spine, “Taehyung, by any chance, is there a problem with your credit card?” Jungkook murmurs to his boyfriend, watching the strange scene unfold as if it were on the silver screen.

 

The older boy pries his eyes from his cell phone to glance at Jungkook, “You know my parents pay it off every month Kook, why do you ask?”

 

Jimin exhales a breathy gasp, “I’ll tell you later, we should go...now.”

 

Taehyung’s eyes flit to Jimin then back to Jungkook, “Why are you two acting so weird—or is this something I really don’t need to know about?”

 

Jungkook bites his bottom lip, “Well, since it’s not your card—there seems to be something bizarre unfolding between our waiter, the bartender, the pianist and now Jimin hyung here...but that’s all I’ve been able to gather so far.”

 

Taehyung’s eyes dart from Jungkook to Jimin then back to Jungkook, “Babe, you realize that sounds like the beginning to a very bad joke, right?”

 

The younger boy’s eyes land on Jimin—he seems to be engaged in a rather heated staring contest with pianist—Jungkook’s gaze slips back to Taehyung, “I-I think our hyung’s affections are being returned...” he chuckles, “Seriously, if we don’t exit the premises soon...we might not be able to take Jimin with us, Tae...”

 

A very distracted Jimin mutters, “Stay...wash dishes...buss tables...kiss lips...”

 

Taehyung’s mouth falls open, eyebrows scrunched together in confusion, glancing between Min Yoongi and Jimin, “What the actual—yeah, that ’s not happening on my watch...” the blonde says resolutely.

 

“Taetae...” Jungkook giggles and nods at the space next to his boyfriend.

 

Taehyung looks up to catch the huge smile spreading across Namjoon’s face—the waiter’s eyes tracking the electric gaze between Jimin and Min Yoongi—as Jungkook breaks through the waiter’s dazed, but happy mien, “What did you do Namjoon?”

 

The question pulls the waiter from his internal musings, “Oh nothing much, I just informed the owner of your friend’s kind remarks for his pianist—who might also happen to be his best friend.”

 

Jungkook narrow’s his eyes at the waiter, “And what did you say to the piano player?”

 

Namjoon’s cheeks flush a bright crimson, “That?  I uhm, might have mentioned to Suga hyung that he had a secret admirer—sitting at this table...with pink hair.”

 

Jimin looks at Jungkook—eyes disappearing behind a huge smile and rose-flushed cheeks, “Suga...is sweet!”

 

The beautiful boy giggles at his own words, lifting a light blue sweater paw to hide his face—attention quickly drifting back to the pianist.

 

Taehyung’s gaze darts from the waiter to his pink-haired best friend, the pianist and then back to the waiter, “W-wait, you what? What did he say to that?”

 

Namjoon smiles as he hands Taehyung’s credit card back to him, “Suga didn’t believe me, only chuckled at the idea—that is until he glanced over at your table and saw your friend’s ‘heart-eyes’ staring back at him...after that he might have mumbled, cheonsa...”

 

Jimin echoes, “Cheonsa...Suga...sweet...”

 

Taehyung’s wild gaze slips to his boyfriend, “Where’s the bill Namjoon—we need to leave...now.”

 

The waiter laughs handing over the small check binder, “Oh sorry, I forgot to tell you that Kim Seokjin, the owner, decided your dinners were on the house—the mere distraction alone, for Yoongi being worth the price of all your meals combined—he asked me to inquire about Jimin...by any chance does the boy have a voice, can he sing?”

 

Jimin’s head snaps to Namjoon, “Yes!”

 

Jungkook chuckles, “Right, well, as a matter of fact, Jimin is actually attending the Seoul Fine Arts Academy, majoring in dance and voice...”
 

Namjoon turns his attention to the pink-haired boy, eyes softly questioning the boy himself, “Do you think maybe you’d be interested in a part-time job—singing on the weekends—Min Yoongi could be your accompaniment...”

 

Jimin repeats, “Sweet...Suga...yes!”

 

Jungkook reaches out for the older boy’s arm—making the older boy look at him in question, “Hyung, our dance competitions are always on the weekends...”

 

Jimin’s bottom lip begins to quiver as he drops his head at the realization—and for the first time that evening the sweet lulling sound of the piano music abruptly halts—Namjoon’s eyes swiftly avert to the baby grand piano...Min Yoongi’s walking in their direction.

 

Namjoon blinks hard as he watches his hyung approach like man on a mission—seriously, I couldn’t even begin to write like this!

 

Min Yoongi walks up to the table and introduces himself—eyes acknowledging Taehyung and Jungkook but settle on Jimin as he speaks, “Good evening everyone, I’m Min Yoongi—I was wondering if I could steal this beautiful cheonsa from you for a date...I promise to bring him home later.”

 

The always overprotective Taehyung blurts out, “What the...I don’t in think so Min Yoongi.”

 

A fresh batch of tears stream down Jimin’s cheeks—Jungkook cover’s Jimin’s small hand with his own—gaze slipping from his friend to his boyfriend then back to the pianist, “Min Yoongi-ssi—on two conditions—first, you need to have Jimin hyung home before midnight, he has early classes tomorrow and second, if you hurt him in any way Taehyung will ing kill you...and I will hide the body.”

 

Namjoon drops his pen as he mumbles, “Are you tin me with this ?”

 

Taehyung chuckles, “Wow babe, beautifully said!”

 

 “Well Min Yoongi are those terms acceptable?” Taehyung addresses the pianist with a smirk.

 

Yoongi’s eyebrow arches in amusement at the threat before addressing Jimin, “I agree as long as the Cheonsa cares to accompany me...” and the pianist holds out his hand for the pink-haired boy to take.

 

A bright scarlet tint tinges Jimin’s cheeks—unsure eyes drift between his two friends but his leeriness subsides when Jungkook gives him a sly wink.

 

Jimin giggles, gracing the pianist with a shy smile before reaching out to take his hand—as he rises from his seat he whispers, “Hi Min Yoongi-ssi, I’m Park Jimin and yes, I’d like that very much...”

 

Yoongi flashes the younger boy a brilliant smile, “Please, call me Yoongi or hyung.”

 

Taehyung starts to stand but Jungkook settles his hand over his boyfriend’s arm, stilling him—their gazes lock and the younger boy gives him a sweet smile—Taehyung releases a heavy sigh as he reluctantly concedes with a nod.

 

Min Yoongi gives Taehyung and Jungkook a slight bow as he walks hand-in-hand with Jimin to the front of the restaurant, waves to the bartender and walks out the door.

 

Once they’re outside in the crisp autumn night Yoongi stops on the sidewalk in front of the giant bank of windows, in plain view of their friends seated inside, “Is there somewhere special you’d like to go Jiminie?”

 

Jimin turns to the boy, squeezing his hand and face flushing at the nickname, “I don’t care as long as I’m with you...”

 

Yoongi gives the beautiful boy a languid smile, “I’ve been waiting my whole life to hear someone say that...”

 

Jimin giggles, “Well then, that makes two of us...I’ve been waiting that long to say it...”

 

As they stand there the blonde raises his free hand to palm Jimin’s face, thumb brushing gently across sculpted cheekbones, “I would like to kiss you...”

 

“So kiss me...” the pink-haired boy breathes out.

 

And so he does—under the star-filled heavens with the full moon as their witness—Min Yoongi’s mouth presses ever so gently to Park Jimin’s perfectly plump lips...

 

When Yoongi pulls back to see Jimin the pink-haired boy thinks out loud, “I-I could get used to that...”

 

Yoongi smiles placing a quick peck on the tip of the younger boy’s nose, “If you were mine I’d shower you with kisses every day...”

 

Jimin slips his palms up Yoongi’s chest, “Hmm that sounds wonderful...”

 

“Then be mine—be my boyfriend Jimin...” Yoongi breathes out against Jimin’s lips.

  

The pink-haired boy threads his fingers through Yoongi’s hair tugging him down murmuring his answer over and over between sweet kisses, “Yes...yes...Min Yoongi...I’ll be yours...”

 

Min Yoongi moans against Jimin’s mouth and as he pulls away—leaving the younger boy to chase after his lips—the older chuckles, “Come on, I know exactly where I’m taking you...”

 

Jimin grumbles, “But I have to be home by midnight—the pumpkin thing and all that, I guess...”

 

The blonde slips his mouth close to the shell of Jimin’s ear, “Cheonsa, you’re a grown man—your friends may have good intentions but it doesn’t mean they’re always right.”

 

Jimin giggles, “Taehyung will murder you...”

 

“No, only if I hurt you—which I’d never do—and I will never make you do something against your will or without asking you first, Jiminie.”

 

The pink-haired boy buries his head in the crook of Yoongi’s neck and inhales—your smell is intoxicating hyung, “I...I want you Yoongi...”

 

Yoongi pulls back to capture Jimin’s mouth in a passionate kiss—when he breaks away he’s breathless and staring longingly at the boy in his arms, “We can discover each other later—but right now we need to hurry before they close...” as he tugs a giggling Jimin down the sidewalk toward the parking lot.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

Twenty minutes later the boys were standing hand-in-hand outside a small jewelry shop on the outskirts of Seoul, “A really good friend owns this place—it’s where Namjoon and Seokjin got their wedding bands—I know this may seem fast but I-I want to buy us something...even if it’s not rings, just...”

 

Jimin shuts the nervous boy up with a kiss—Yoongi pulls away when he feels wetness against his face, “Jimin-ah—w-we don’t have to do this—I can wait until you’re ready...”

 

The pink-haired boy beams, “I’m crying because I’ve never been so happy—I want to do this...I just don’t have any money and...”

 

Yoongi gives the younger boy a gorgeous smile as he pulls him into the store, “Good, you’re not paying anyway—come on, I can’t wait for you to meet Hoseok!”

 

The young boy behind the counter was busy helping another couple but gave a bright smile and wave to Yoongi as he entered.

 

Yoongi pulls Jimin up to the glass case were the wedding bands were on display—he turns to the younger boy taking his face in his hands whispering, “Pick out anything you like—whatever you want—price doesn’t matter so don’t even ask, alright?”

 

Jimin being a college student on a very low budget argues, “N-no, give me a price range or I won’t do this hyung!”

 

The blonde kisses him then chuckles, “Yes you will—get used to this because I plan on spoiling you for the rest our lives Park Jimin...”

 

Before Jimin can reply there’s a loud clattering sound next to them—they both looked up automatically to see what had happened.

 

Up until this time Yoongi was standing with his back to the other couple while talking to Jimin—when the n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter