Blue Ocean

Blue Ocean and Silver Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Blue Ocean[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

 

 

HOLLYWOOD STAR

“You know you don’t really need to follow me to the restroom.” Yifan said in annoyance.

“I am sure I need to. That’s what the Agency pay me for.” Yixing said with a hard face, his posture straight and unwavering.

 

Yifan knows he won’t win that guy over. He’s new. He’s like no one. Zhang Yixing took the job too serious that he had to breathe and try not to hit that guy in the face.

 

Yifan finished his business and return to the filming site.

“Are you ready?” The manager asked.

Yifan gave a mere nod, put on the black leather jacket under the burning sun.

 

Work is work. Yifan already stop caring about the tiredness or the black circles under his eyes. Nothing his makeup artist can’t handle and thanks to his mother, his skin is almost flawless, soft and clear. Also thanks to his mother, his heart numb and hard, unresponsive to most of drama in his life or other’s people.

 

“The project is done successfully!” The director announced and everyone clapped and cheered. Everyone is talking about how great this film is going to be and how good his acting is and boring things. I need a shower. Yifan politely said ‘thanks’ to everyone who looked at him in admiration or jealousy or who does give a anyway?


He moved away from the crowd. He sat in his van, of course, Yixing won’t lose a sight of him. Without needing to ask, Yixing, his PA told the driver to head his home.

 

 

SUBSTITUTE

“IS that how you are going to work?”

“I am sorry. I am sorry.” The little girl kept bowing to the furious man who has his hands on his waist, ready to shout more.

“That role is nothing more than a peasant but the of the play comes after that scene.”

“I understand but he said he can’t stand the arrogance of his co-performers on the set anymore and quit. There was nothing we could do.”

“Shut your filthy mouth!”

That man is now taking a step towards his assistant.

“Nothing you could do? You could do a lot. You could grab him on. You could sugar-coated him. You could pay him more. But you do nothing!”

That shut the girl up. She is so tired of begging people who aren’t even her boss. She begged her boss on the daily-basics and she had to beg more to other performers on set.

“I have something to talk to you boss.”

“Later. Now go find the substitute. A LOT. This role is important. Do you understand?”

She hold herself in. Just a few more days she thought.

 

She left her boss office. She had to call those long list of substitute and she doesn’t know if she will get off from work soon. And she’s got a date. She was hoping she could ditch work a little sooner but… Her boss has to destroy it all.

“Excuse me…”

She turned at the voice.

“Yeah?”

“I heard there’s a spot vacant in the play.”

She looked at the man from head to toe. That man wasn’t tall. He is swearing a sweatshirt so she couldn’t say his build but the visual. Beautiful.

“It wasn’t important role. It actually got very few lines.” She was not being honest. That role got 1 min on stage and 2 lines. That’s it.

“It really doesn’t matter. I love musical. I am dying to get a spot on. I really want to be in that spot. Please let me audition.”

“Now?”

Her eyebrows raised. She had a lot to do. A long list to call. She is not in the mood for some guy placing wrong interest with wrong motive.

“Anytime is fine. I got my hands on the script and I got it memorized.” That man eagerly said.

“The pay is not much.”

“I understand.”

She shouldn’t let that man convinced her. She didn’t even know that man’s name. That man was a total stranger but strangely, she wanted to give him a shot. She hasn’t seen an enthusiastic man that is so crazy about the musical in years of her career.

 

“Boss.”

“WHAT?!”

“Th...there is someone I think,”

“You think?”

“NO. Not I think. There’s someone who is fit to audition now.”

“Now?”

That gets his attention. He told his assistant to go find substitute about 5 min ago and she took one to his face. And not to get schedule for audition but to audition.

 

“What’s your name?” The boss has no business with his assistant now. He is curious about that boy in front of him whose eyes twinkling with hopes and eager.

“My name is Kim Junmyun.”

“You know the script already?”

“By heart, Sir.”

Kim Junmyun nods. His heart pounding on his heart. Junmyun got a gesture ‘show me what you got’ and he breathes in.

He did what comes naturally. The lines aren’t much. He sang with his heart.

 

The boss continued to stare at the boy in front of him. He felt the passion radiating from that boy. And the beauty of his voice. Too bad he is nobody. Too bad he got no sponsor or none to support his talent.

“You’re in.”

“What?”

Kim Junmyun stood there like a statue. Staring with wide eyes at the director and his assistant.

“Go now. Come on time. You’re get your pay after all the show ends.”

“What?”

“Come along now. He’s busy.” The female assistant dragged Junmyun along outside.

You’re in. Those words finally sunk into Junmyun. He is IN! He got the role. Junmyun could swim all the oceans and his joy couldn’t still be described enough.

Instead, he thanked the lady. He bowed at her a few times till she got his number and address to contact him.

It’s rather a good day for Kim Junmyun.

 

 

Off-screen

Soon as Yifan enters the house, the sight of his drunk mother welcomed him. In his entire life, he never faced or understood the meaning of ‘safe home’ ‘warm mother’ and he used to curse the God for his cruelty.

 

“I said potato chips. Don’t you understand potato chips? Are you animals?”

Yes, drunk and ty. Yifan took slow breath to calm himself. He felt sorry for his loyal and old maiden who acts more like a mother to him than his own mother.

 

“I will take care of her.”

He felt thankful that Yixing didn’t follow him to his house. Yixing never had, not that he was invited.

 

“Mom, I’m home.”

He didn’t get more than a mere look. The alcohol and snacks got more attention from his mother than him.

“Do you wanna return to your room? Shall I take you?”

“Don’t you see that I am drinking?”

A stab in the heart. Yifan felt the hurt and surprised that his heart still can feel this much.

“You have drunk too much already.” Maybe he is stupid after all. He just can’t leave his mother alone. Was he supposed to? He didn’t know the right answer.

 

“ off, Kris.”

A glass shattered on the floor. He felt the sting in his feet and notice he didn’t wear the shoes, many small pieces of glasses impaling his skin.

Serve me right.

 

His maids all run out of kitchen to see what happened and they saw the mess. The mess started by me. His mother is fine. His eyes checking everywhere on her.

“Mistress Wu! Are you hurt? Oh my god, Sir, your feet.”

“I am fine. Please take my mother to her room.”

 

He get a snort from his mother but she followed the maids without a protest. I guess, hurting me was enough.

He dialed the number he memorized.

“Yixing, could you come in?”

To his fortune, Yixing didn’t question. In 30 seconds, Yixing is in his house, seating him on sofa and cleaning the mess.

 

“Sorry for the mess.”

“Please, this is what you pay me for.”

Yifan didn’t say a word. Nor Yixing. If the guy wants to keep the distance, he was more than fine. No personal comments. Just professional.

Yifan didn’t know what to say after Yixing fixed his feet. Instead, he nodded everything Yixing said.

“Keep your feet from water for two days. Do not drink alcohol. I will clear out your schedule for a week. Do you need a vacation?”

 

Yifan kept nodding along he didn’t realize Yixing had asked him a question. Since he nodded, Yixing asked again.

“Korea, Jeju island sounds ok?”

“Huh? For what?”

“For your vacation. I had been told that you didn’t rest for two years already. You need a vacation. I will prepare.”

Yixing didn’t wait for Yifan’s answer and left.

 

What?

Yifan is completely dumbfounded.

 

 

Korea

So, Korea…

Yifan breathe in the air of salt and sea. Jeju Island is indeed beautiful. He didn’t expect a lot of people to notice him at the airport but he saw a few who let his name let out from their mouths. But he didn’t really attract a crowd.

He safely sit in the car, Yixing is with him, no doubt about that.

 

“You are aware that you still can’t go to the ocean, right?”

“What I can’t? Why?”

“Your feet still need a few days of healing. Sea water is not best option for healing. Keep your feet dry.” Yixing said in formal tone without so much glancing over him.

“Fine!” Because no one can seem to win an argument against him.

 

It took me to the hotel. It is less exciting now that I’m coming to Jeju to cave in the hotel room. Keep my feet dry, right!

Yifan borely order in room-service. He flipped the channels from one to one. All he does is opening his favorite slow music, staring at the hotel ceiling or pace out in the balcony enjoying the view.

It was really nice. Real nice but boring.

 

A knock disturbed his music. Then he noticed he was eager to be bothered right now.

“Yixing?” Yifan was surprised.

“Here, for you.”

Yixing doesn’t seem to stay. He stood firmly on the doorway. Yifan took the ticket Yixing gave and examine it.

“One ticket? VVIP seat? For xxxx Musical???” Yifan looked down at Yixing in complete ecstasy.

“Since I thought you might not want to lock yourself in the hotel room for a vacation.”

“That’s very nice and well-thought of you. Thank you Yixing. I really appreciate it.”

Yifan gladly took the ticket and wave Yixing to say goodbye. Not that Yixing returned the gesture. But he didn’t care anyway. He closed the door and look at the time.

 

The musical starts in next 2 hours. He is very excited like a child who hasn’t ever been to a concert but got a concert ticket as a birthday present. He held the ticket to his chest and thank Zhang Yixing for a thousandth time.

 

Thanks to his manager, Yixing, he got the best seat in the theater.

The musical starts. It’s about the girl from the moon and the farmer. None of the main casts actually attracts any attention of mine.

There was one guy dressed like a commoner but his voice is nothing like a commoner. He got like two lines and 1 minute on stage. I highly doubt he is a substitute since I didn’t see him in the ending when all the casts greet on the stage.

He was kinda disappointed. He dunno why. He has no reason to feel disappointing for some stranger. Sure, that beautiful man’s voice is also very beautiful and unique. It left an impression.

Kris didn’t stay for the ending greetings of the cast. He left.

 

 

 

Stranger

Carrying a big secret, Junmyun let a sigh out. He longingly looked at the sea. The blue sea and the starry sky. The wind is cold but he didn’t care. He listens to the sound of seagull from far. No normal person could hear but he is everything but normal.

Junmyun didn’t realize he wasn’t alone till his gaze rest on the tall, blonde man staring at him from a distance.

He stared back, without any meaning.

That man didn’t look like locals. That man got an aura around him that screams hotness, handsomeness and cocky.

Junmyun averted his gaze back to ocean. He doesn’t want trouble. All he wished for is peace hence sitting alone on beach.

 

“I know you.”

Junmyun was a bit shocked. He looked up at the tall, blonde man who is totally stranger to him. God he was more handsome up close.

“You know me?”

“Yes, you just done your opera, right?”

That makes Junmyun smiles. And then, he remembered he did two lines and one minute of acting there’s no way anyone would recognize from that play.

“Who are you?” Suspicion heaved in.

 

That man grins.

“You’re kidding right?”

 

“What?”

Junmyun was still staring up at that man since he is sitting on the sand and that man was hovering over him like a tower.

“Really?”

Junmyun didn’t remember him offer a seat next to him but that man boldly sat next to him. Too close

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter