Drunk in Love

Drunk in Love #TAEGI#

Taehyung laughed loudly as Jin dropped one of his dad jokes which the other members didn't heed to.

"I can't believe you said that!" said Taehyung in between laughter and Jin laughed along with him.

Yoongi who was observing Taehyung for a while, lets out a chuckle and took a sip from his drink, which was beginning to taste bland after his seventh glass.

It was Yoongi's birthday and the Bangtan boys decided to celebrate the wonderful occasion by having a party. What Yoongi​ didn't expect them to do was drag his lazy all the way to a nearby club to have the said party. So much for a relaxing time in his bed.

"Jungkook-ah! Stop flirting with the bartender you international playboy!" said a certain leader.

The maknae waved Namjoon off and exchanged a few words with the bartender before running back to their table.

"What, are we leaving already?" asked Jungkook as he gave Namjoon a side hug. Namjoon grinned.

"Well yes, because someone got drunk by downing two full glasses even though his limit was only one." said Namjoon as he pointed a look at Taehyung, who was bouncing slightly to the beat on the couch, unconsciously dragging the person next to him, Hoseok into a bounce party.

Jungkook laughed along with Namjoon.

"Can't help it if he has low tolerance for alcohol." 

They sat across the table and watched as Taehyung moved to his next target, Yoongi who was also sitting right next to him. They observed as Yoongi tried to fend himself from Taehyung, although it was very obvious that the elder doesn't mind the attention, judging from the small smile on his face that only ever appeared when Taehyung was around. Yoongi tried to hide the smile by sipping on his glass while slightly pushing Taehyung away with his other hand.

Jimin and Jin came to sit next to Namjoon and Jungkook, and they were soon joined by Hoseok. The five of them watched the interaction between the two members, finding it amusing and slightly funny.

Then, a wonderful idea struck Jimin and a sly smirk began to form. He turned to his hyungs and maknae.

"Guys...I have a plan."

___________________________________________________

Yoongi sighed deeeply. He looked at Taehyung, who was staring at the dimly lit road, probably exhausted from his high a few minutes ago. Both of them were standing in front of the club and Yoongi fought the urge to sigh again.

"Namjoon-ah, where are you? I can't find the other members either and Taehyung is getting out of hand." said Yoongi as he tried to escape from Taehyung's grabby hands.

"Shi-I'm sorry hyung! We left the building a few minutes ago and we assumed you guys and followed us too!" said Namjoon through the phone. Snickers can be heard on the other side of the line followed by shushing. Yoongi huffed.

"Yah, do you think I'm stupid? Why didn't you tell me that you were going back? It's my party after all."

"I'm sorry hyung. I know I'm going to be an if I do this but I really need to hang up. It's a call from our manager. I apologize for this again hyung! Don't kill me!" said Namjoon before the line went dead.

Yoongi released a deep sigh. He turned towards Taehyung and walked closer to him.

"Taehyung-ah."

Taehyung slowly turned his attention to Yoongi as the latter wrapped his arm around Taehyung to hold him up.

"Let's go back before we freeze to death." Said Yoongi.

Step by step, they began walking down the dimly lit road that lead to their dorm. Halfway through their silent walk, Taehyung groaned slightly and leaned his head on Yoongi's shoulder.

"Taehyung-ah, don't you dare sleep on me." said Yoongi.

Taehyung moaned before wrapping his arms around Yoongi's waist, causing him to be enveloped in a warm hug.

"Hyuuung~ you're so warm and comfy." he said as he nuzzled his nose into the crook of Yoongi's neck and sighed contently.

Yoongi felt the tip of his ears turning red. 

"If you sleep now I swear I'll leave you here​ on the cold ground so you could rot to death." threatened the older of the two as he tried to drag Taehyung back to their dorm.

Taehyung stopped Yoongi and turned him around by the shoulders. Yoongi stared at Taehyung, surprised and confused while Taehyung gave him his famous boxy grin.

"Hyuung~ You would never leave me right~?" asked Taehyung as he holds bother Yoongi's hands.

No matter how much Yoongi denied it, his heart was beating rapidly and he could only hope that Taehyung did not hear it through their close proximity.

"Yah, I will if you keep doing that." Yoongi said. 

Taehyung whined.

"Hyunggg, don't you love me?" 

Yoongi froze at the question. For so long, he had tried to deny any intimate feelings he had for Taehyung and yet here they are, standing in the middle of the street asking the very question he had been trying to avoid for years. Does he love him? The answer came to him almost naturally.

"Of course Taehyung-ah, I do." said Yoongi, not one for explaining complex feelings easily.

Taehyung broke into an all out grin.

"Awwww hyung! I love you too!" Taehyung said. Yoongi couldn't stop the warm feeling in his chest and a small chuckle left his lips.

"I can't tell if you're serious or not." He said.

"Of course I am hyung!" Taehyung pouted.

"I like you verrrryyy much and I even tried hinting at it but hyuuuung, you need to get you eyes checked because you never noticed!" Taehyung hiccuped and continued.

"Like, remember the time when I hugged you on stage and wouldn't let go, you thought I was doing it for Army. An-and remember the time when I said you were my most favorite hyung in one of our radio interviews, you totally ignored that too! From that moment on, I purposely told everyone that asked that Hoseok hyung was my favorite hyung because I wanted​ to see your reaction but I've never seen you get upset or jealous or ANYTHING!" Taehyung ranted, his hands flying everywhere as he tried to convey his feelings​ to Yoongi.

As for Yoongi, he was silently listening to Taehyung, his mind filled with jumbled thoughts and his shallow breathing filled the night air.

They stood still for a while, letting the cold seep into their coats, not wanting to break the silence that surrounded them. Suddenly, Yoongi broke out into a hysterical laugh and Taehyung just gazed at him, still tipsy and not completely grabbing the situation.

Yoongi laughed until his stomach ached before slowly, his laughter died and he fell back into silence. Yoongi flashed the other his gummy smile.

"If only you knew Taehyung-ah." He chuckled before grabbing Taehyung's arms and putting​ it around his should.

"Let's go home before we really freeze to death out here." He said.

Taehyung silently followed Yoongi, almost lulled to sleep from Yoongi's body heat on their way back to their dorm. And although Yoongi was having a hard time carrying a half asleep Taehyung, his smile stayed plastered on his face until the next day.

___________________________________________________

"Morning Taetae!" said Jimin from the couch in the living room. 

Taehyung groaned slightly and shuffled into the kitchen to get some water.

"Jiminie, don't shout. My head hurts~" He said and grabbed his head to stop the throbbing.

His plead did not stop Jimin from laughing harder, happy due to his friend's demise.

"I'm never drinking ever again." Taehyung pouted.

Taehyung went into the living room with a glass of water and flopped down next to Jimin.

Jimin laid on his side and stared at Taehyung with a sly smirk, making the latter shift uncomfortably in his seat.

"What?" Asked Taehyung with a frown. A full blown grin covered Jimin's face.

"So...Did anything interesting happened yesterday?" He asked, his eyes turning into crescents.

Taehyung looked at him weirdly.

"I don't know...I was too drunk to remember. Didn't you guys help carry me back?" Taehyung asked, his voice still hoarse from the night before.

Jimin sat up straight and openly gaped at his friend.

"What do you mean you don't remember?!" Jimin screeched which caused Taehyung to cringe and lean back.

At that time, Yoongi and Jin came out of their shared bedroom.

"What's going on Jiminie?" Jin asked softly.

Jimin turned his attention to his hyungs. 

"He doesn't remember anything hyung!" Jimin said. Taehyung, not aware of what's going on, just sipped on his glass quitely.

Jin gave Taehyung a bewildered look. 

"You don't remember?! Really?!" he said and proceed to sit next to Taehyung on the couch. Taehyung lets out a frustrated sigh.

"I told you, I don't remember anything. Can you please leave me alone now? I need to be completely sober before practice starts later." Taehyung said with a scowl.

Jin released a defeated sigh and got up to take a shower. Yoongi coughed awkwardly and entered the kitchen to avoid getting involved in any if their conversation.

Jimin resumed his position in the couch, frowning slightly that his plan had backfired. He thought Yoongi bringing a drunken Taehyung home alone would actually made the two closer and eventually together. He was so sure after he saw Yoongi brought Taehyung back yesterday, a permanent smile plastered on his face as if he had released another successful mixtape for the year.

He watched Taehyung nursing his head, gently massaging it with one hand and taking sip from his glass with the other.

"You know," Jimin broke the silence. "I think something did happen yesterday." He said.

"What made you say that?" Taehyung asked, his eyes focused on his glass, gently massaging his fingers through his hair.

"Because Yoongi-hyung was acting weirdly when the both of you came home." Jimin continued.

Taehyung shot Jimin a look, giving him a silent message to explain.

Jimin sighed.

"He was...smiling. Like, he kept smiling and he didn't stop until he went to sleep. And even if he went to sleep I'm positive he was still smiling. It was not his usual sarcastic smile either, it's...something more, like...his rare gummy smile." Jimin explained.

Taehyung was at a loss for words. Yoongi's smile rarely ever comes out. He saw it a few times, his smile could brighten anyone's day and it was the kind which made Taehyung's stomach flip, 

Did something happened yesterday night? Wait...something was amiss.

"Wait, did you just say the both of us came home together? Alone?" Taehyung asked.

Jimin shrugged nonchantly.

"I thought you knew. Yoongi hyung helped carry you home." Jimin said, trying very hard to be unsuspicious.

"Where were you guys then? You couldn't have just dumped me there for Yoongi hyung to take care of...right?" Taehyung said suspiciously, squinting his eyes at Jimin. 

Fortunately for Jimin, Taehyung decided to let it go and they slumped back into the comfortable couch. As silence ensued, Taehyuhng was left to clear his mind and relax.

"Hyunggg, don't you love me?" 

Taehyung frowned. What was that? Was that from yesterday?

"Of course Taehyung-ah, I do." 

His eyes widened.  NO HE DIDN'T.

Taehyung broke into an all out grin.

"Awwww hyung! I love you too!" 

Taehyung screamed at his memory and Jimin jumped in his seat.

"What the hell Taehyung?!" He asked. Taehyung moaned as bit by bit last night's memory unfold before him.

"I can't believe I said that." He moaned, trying to drown himself in the couch. Jimin stared at Taehyung for a while before grinning slyly.

"So something did happen yesterday. Come on, spill it." Jimin said giddily and shuffled closer to the other.

Taehyung lifted his face from his seat, frowning at his fellow 95-liner. Jimin gave the other his best puppy eyes that he could muster and Taehyung knew there was no room for escape. So he looked around the living room, eyes then moved to the kitchen to make sure Yoongi was not around.

He turned to Jimin and said softly, "I think I confessed to Yoongi hyung."

Jimin burst into giggles and Taehyung rolled his eyes at Jimin, who was acting like a little school girl instead of a 21 year old man who flips his jacket off his shoulder ily in the Blood Sweat and Tears performance.

"Yes! I knew it! Oh Taetae that's HUGEEE!" said Jimin. Taehyung shushed him just in time as Yoongi walked right past them. 

Jimin ignored Taehyung's attempt in sliencing him and broke free of Taehyung's grip.

"Hyung!" Jimin Said which made Yoongi stop in his tracks.

"What is it Jimin-ah?" He asked, avoiding eye contact with Taehyung.

"Are you and Taehyung together now?" Jimin asked.

Both Yoongi and Taehyung blushed at Jimin's question.

"Jiminie!" Taehyung screeched and attacked him.

Jimin laughed loudly and ran into Taehyung and Namjoon's shared room and locked it to escape Taehyung's wrath. Taehyung bit his lip and slowly turned to Yoongi. Yoongi stared at Taehyung and they fell into silence as Taehyung leaned on his right leg and looked at everything except for Yoongi. 

They stayed there awkwardly for a few minutes, until Yoongi decided to break the silence.

"Did you mean it?" Yoongi asked in a serious manner. Taehyung looked up at Yoongi, eyes wide.

"Did you mean it?" He repeated slowly. "When you said you love me?" He urged.

Taehyung took a deep breath. "Did you?" He countered.

A voice from his bedroom interrupted their conversation.

"Just kiss already!" The voice was followed by a thump, and they can only assume that Namjoon had woken up and is attempting to stop Jimin from eavesdropping on their conversation.

Yoongi sighed. "Aish that kid. He ruined the moment." He said and ruffled his hair.

Taehyung laughed and slowly, Yoongi chuckled along too.

Taehyung jumped when he found Yoongi standing closely in front of him when he opened his eyes, which had closed when he laughed.

Yoongi carefully lifted his hands to cup the other's face.

"I love you." Yoongi said, smiling softly his eyes filled with warmth and sincerity.

Taehyung felt the air escape his lungs as he felt the smooth skin of Yoongi's hands against his face, their breath mingling and the scent of Yoongi filling his senses.

"I...I love you too hyung." He finally replied. Yoongi broke into a gummy smile and he pushed their foreheads together. Taehyung, unable to contain his happiness grinned widely.

They looked into each other's eyes and slowly, they grew closer, lips less than a millimeter apart until a loud cheer pushed them apart.

"OH YES IT HAS HAPPENED! JUNGKOOKIE WAKE UP WAKE UP THEY'RE FINALLY TOGETHER!" came a scream from Jungkook's room.

Namjoon came out of his room and shot a sheepish look at Yoongi.

"I'm sorry hyung, I don't know how he managed to escape." He laughed and rubbed his neck in embarrassment.

Jimin then proceed to rush into Hoseok's bedroom and rouse poor Hoseok from dreamland.

"Hyung wake up! My plan finally worked!" He shook Hoseok who sat up immediately in his bed and cheered together with Jimin.

Jin ran out from the bathroom with a towel around his waist, still wet from his shower, making Namjoon blush and look away.

"Has it finally happened?!" Jin asked and Jimin nodded his head frantically.

Yoongi and Taehyung laughed at their antics.

___________________________________________________

The commotion died down after a while and it was an hour before they have to go for practice.

"Yoongi hyung." Taehyung called as he entered Jin and Yoongi's room, Jin nowhere to be found.

Yoongi hummed softly, not bothering to look up from his laptop and Taehyung took it as a signal to continue.

"Is it okay...If we kept this a secret?" Taehyung said as he pointed to the both of them.

"Like...A secret between us and the members?" He asked cautiously.

Yoongi turned away from the screen and pat the empty spot on his bed. Taehyung sat next to Yoongi and Yoongi put away his laptop to face him.

"We can keep it a secret if you want Taehyung-ah." He said softly, which put Taehyung at ease.

Taehyung snuggled up to Yoongi and they spent the rest of the hour reveling in each other's warmth. 

When they got to the practice room later that day, Taehyung and Yoongi told the rest of the members to keep their relationship a secret to which they all easily agreed.

Yoongi thought to himself, that he might have received the best gift he has ever had on a birthday, a gift that no one else in the universe can have, a gift in the form of a lovable boy named Taehyung. And of course, if Armys were to take Taehyung away from him, he would fight them until the very end.

___________________________________________________

Hey y'all!

This is my first (actually second but you really don't want to read the first one) fanfiction!

Thank you so much for reading this (through grammar mistakes and all). Feel free to leave a suggestion in the comment section below and maybe, if I feel inspired enough, I'll see you in my next fanfiction.

Bye!