Too Awkward

Awkward

 

Jimin had been sitting in his room for about 20 minutes contemplating whether or not he should call Taehyung and go out. It was summer break, 1:30 am, and the boy was 16, he can’t sit in his house all break and not be bored. He needed to get out and he knew Taehyung would be awake and ready to go because his friend had been pestering him to go out with Jungkook, Namjoon, and a couple other guys that were a few years older. Jimin usually said he would go out but, he always dropped out last minute. He thought the older boys would think he was too innocent or not worth their time even though Tae had explained that the other boys were just as weird as their small group now. Jimin would always shrug off Tae when he said that. But, tonight he wanted to be spontaneous and go out with his friends he wanted to break out of his shell for once, sneak out and go cause mischief or whatever people his age do at 1:00 am now.

 

“Hello?” Taehyung answered groggily into the phone.

 

“Tae. I want to go out with you and the others tonight” Jimin said confidently into the phone. Giggling to himself when he heard Tae gasp.

 

“Are my ears deceiving me or did Park Jimin just call me at” Taehyung paused “1:37 am to tell me he wants to go out? Wow this must be my lucky day” he finished.

 

“Yeah you heard me. I’m ready to break out of my shell” Jimin said.

 

“Wow at this rate of confidence I think you might even get laid tonight, Chim. Keep up the good work” Tae joked.

 

“Shut up, Tae. Just be here in 10 minutes. I’ll be waiting. Love you, bye!” Jimin sang before he hung up and ran to his closet.

 

‘What do I wear?’ Jimin asked himself as he quickly pushed hangers aside whilst he looked for something suitable to wear. He sighed when he found his favourite cropped jeans. He slid those on over his boxers leaving his pink sweater on. He quietly opened his bedroom door and stuck his head out to listen for snores coming from his parents room, not that he was worried about being caught. He ran back into his room once he deemed the hallway a safe route out of his house, grabbed his baby blue slip on sneakers and his phone. He quickly tiptoed out of his room and down the stairs towards the living room. He sat down on the couch and waited for Taehyung to arrive.

 

“Chim?” he heard Tae whisper yell from the porch.

 

“Coming” Jimin replied as he quickly slid on his shoes and jogged over to his friend.

 

Once they were outside Jimin noticed some new faces. One really caught his eye. A boy much taller than him, black hair and a really intimidating facial expression. ‘Holy ’ Jimin thought to himself as he made eye contact with the guy who was now smirking down at the younger boy. Jimin was broke out of his thoughts when Jungkook spoke up.

 

“Jimin these are the guys we’re always trying to introduce you to” Jungkook said motioning to the three new faces.

 

Jimin only nodded in response, a bit too shy to speak up. He noticed one was holding Namjoon’s hand. He had brown hair and a very beautiful face, no acne or marks whatsoever. ‘I wonder what facial products he uses’ Jimin thought. He looked over at Namjoon and raised an eyebrow at him.

 

“Well are you gonna introduce us to the cutie or leave as the unknown older guys?” the intimidating guy said.

 

“Right,” Namjoon sighed “Jimin this is Seokjin, my boyfriend” he said as he held up their hands “Hoseok” he said pointing to the guy who stood behind Jungkook “and that” he pointed to the hot one “is Yoongi” he finished.

 

Jimin smiled at Yoongi who was openly checking out the younger.

 

“Alright” Tae interrupted “we should get going.”

 

“Where to?” Jimin finally spoke up.

 

“Our place” Seokjin said as he began to lead the way.

 

“Your place?” Jimin asked

 

“Yeah. I live in an apartment with Hobi and Yoongi not too far from here. I thought instead of walking around at this time we could just go back there and hang out for awhile” Jin said.

 

Jimin nodded agreeing with Jin’s idea. At least if he didn’t make it home he could tell his parents he just stayed at a friend’s house.

 

“If you haven’t picked up on this yet, Jin is a mom” Hoseok said, earning himself a smack on the back of the head from Jin.

 

They walked for another 10 minutes before they came up to a surprisingly fancy looking apartment. Jin and Namjoon walked through the front doors and up the stairs completely in their own lovey dovey world while the others followed behind them. The walk up Jimin could feel eyes on his and when he turned around to see if anyone was behind him it was Yoongi. He blushed and sped up so he could walk beside someone.

 

“Don’t worry about him, kid” Hobi said as he put a hand on Jimin’s shoulder “the most action he’s got all his life is his hand”

 

“He’s a ?” Jimin asked, very surprised at the new information he had obtained.

 

Hobi nodded “He’s as inexperienced as you.”

 

Jimin scoffed and hit Hobi on the chest lightly before he slowed down to walk beside Yoongi. He felt a lot less intimidated by the boy when he found out a little bit about him.

 

“So where’s your apartment?” Jimin asked quietly.

 

“It’s just around the corner here. I think Joon and Jin are already there though considering how far back we were” he paused and looked down at the small boy “we never got to talk yet” Yoongi said.

 

Jimin nodded looking down at his feet to avoid eye contact with the older boy.

 

“No need to be so nervous, I don’t bite” Yoongi said.

 

“Okay, sorry. I’m just nervous. I don’t really get out much” Jimin said quietly.

 

“I understand” Yoongi said as he wrapped an arm around Jimin’s waist “we’re here”

 

Jimin sighed and walked into the apartment to see a very neat space. It wasn’t too big but, it also wasn’t small, just enough space for three people. Jimin walked over to Taehyung and sat down beside him. Tae instantly rested his head on Jimin’s shoulder and let out a sigh.

 

“So what do we do now?” Jungkook asked.

 

“Let’s play a game” Hobi suggested winking at Jimin.

 

Namjoon nodded in agreement “Let’s play seven minutes in heaven”

 

Jin clapped and got off of Namjoon’s lap so he could go to the kitchen to get a bottle. The boy came jogging back into the living room with a bottle and set it in the middle.

 

“Who wants to go first?” Jin asked as he settled himself back into Namjoon’s lap.

 

Yoongi reached towards the bottle and gave it a spin. Jimin watched the bottle intently, half of him wanted the bottle to point at him and the other half wanted to save himself from the embarrassment of having to kiss a complete stranger. The bottle stopped spinning and with Jimin’s luck, it pointed at him. Yoongi looked at Jimin and smirked causing the other to turn a violent shade of red. Yoongi crawled across the circle and sat in front of Jimin, still smirking at the younger.

 

“You ready, cutie?” Yoongi whispered to Jimin who couldn’t do anything but nod.

 

Yoongi slowly leaned in egging on the nervousness Jimin was feeling. He looked into Jimin’s eye and placed a hand on the younger’s cheek pulling him in closer before pressing their lips together. Yoongi took the lead, moving his lips gently on Jimin’s. The younger wasn’t sure what to do so he just mimicked Yoongi’s lip movements, that was until he felt the older boy’s tongue graze his bottom lip slightly. Jimin opened his mouth a little wider for Yoongi, remembering the time he walked in on Tae and Kook’s make out session. Yoongi slid his tongue into Jimin’s mouth moving it over Jimin’s own. Jimin moaned cutely at the feeling, moving himself on the older’s lap.

 

“Okay! I think that’s enough!” Jimin heard a voice from behind them. He quickly pulled away from Yoongi blushing.


“You’re pretty good at that, cutie” Yoongi commented, grabbing Jimin’s bum before scotting the small boy off of his lap and returning to his spot in the circle.