Chapter 2

Shine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: Oh my gOD guys, sorry this is so late! I went on vacation for a few days and figured I'd be able to post from the hotel, but it turns out the Wi-Fi wasn't free, and I didn't want to spend since I was only there for a few days...well, I hope that this update makes it up to you!! 

 

--

 

       When Taeyeon and Tiffany left the dorm, it was still dark. The manager assigned to drive them to the airport led the two girls from a comfortable distance several strides in front of them whilst rolling their heavier luggage to the car.

 

       Taeyeon tapped away mindlessly on her phone, playing a mobile game. Tiffany merely sluggishly watched her as she clutched her black handbag. Sleepy and distracted, they had fallen a bit behind the man accompanying them.

 

"Hey!"

 

       The sudden shout jolted the two girls. They looked at each other in mild confusion before scurrying to catch up to their manager. The scene they were met with would have been strange to anyone else- a few school-aged girls cowered before their manager, who had apparently been reprimanding them. 

 

    "Did it ever occur to you that maybe they were leaving so early in order to avoid something like this? Just get out of here! How you guys know these schedules is just...indescribably strange."

 

The group of girls tensed until Taeyeon softly spoke, 

 

"Were you planning on following us?" 

 

Tiffany looked ready to sink straight through the ground.

 

Finally, one of the schoolgirls piped up, 

 

"We just wanted to see you, unnie." 

 

Taeyeon gave a tight-lipped smile,

 

"Don't waste precious time on someone old like me, just focus on your studies. School starts in a few hours, and here you are losing sleep. Thank you for your support, but I'll be much happier if the next time we meet is at a fansign or event rather than like this." 

 

       The girls immediately gave 90-degree bows to the three adults and proceeded to leave the parking lot. Tiffany silently outstretched a hand to her friend, and not without some stress, they were off. 

 

        After hauling his charges' suitcases into the back of the van, the manager made his way to the driver's seat. Embarrassed that Taeyeon seemed to have taken care of the situation much better than him, he eyed her anxiously in his rearview mirror.

 

"You never know about these crazy fans...do you think they were stalkers?" 

 

Taeyeon, once again glued to a mobile game, merely said, 

 

"Who knows..."

 

--

 

       Jessica nervously rolled a short trill across a few keys on the recording studio's piano. With a sigh, she left the glass booth. She whipped out her phone and checked the time for the nth time that day.

 

       It was late afternoon, when she was usually already ready to sleep, yet Jessica had jitters. She didn't understand why, either: she hadn't known who Taeyeon was until a Google search the night before. As she got lost in the web of information about the other girl, it could have been a number of things which were getting her wound up. 

 

       Like "Kim Taeyeon leads the girl group which directly follows behind the Spice Girls in album sales." Or "Kim Taeyeon sweeps charts for three consecutive weeks." Jessica didn't find it helpful for her nerves that the girl was incredibly beautiful, too.  

 

A swift knock broke Jessica from her anxious thoughts. Kris poked his head in through the doorway with a grin,

 

"They're coming up now~"

 

"Great," Jessica deadpanned. He didn't want her to think she was nervous.

 

       Kris entered and plopped down into a swiveling chair. Jessica sneered at his huge grin. He jokingly stuck out his tongue and immediately withdrew the offending appendage when the door opened once again. 

 

       Both of the Americans stood up with polite smiles as Taeyeon and Tiffany  entered the room with their manager in tow. The taller girl lead the other two. She held her blonde friend's hand like a mother dragging her child somewhere. Beaming, she was the first to speak in boisterous, bright English,

 

"Hi! I'm Tiffany, and this," she chastised Taeyeon into standing next to her rather than behind her, "is the star of the show."

 

In mumbled, accented English, Taeyeon introduced herself,

 

"Hi, I'm Taeyeon," 

 

Their manager leaned towards Jessica first, shaking her hand because he knew she knew Korean. 

 

"Dongwoon. We spoke briefly on the phone during a call to your associate here, Ms. Jung." 

 

       Jessica and Kris smiled at the three, taking the opportunity to introduce themselves formally. Kris had some trouble as the other three switched to Korean. Clapping his hands together, he said,

 

"You know, you all just got off a long flight. Maybe we should talk about things over lunch, hm?"

 

Jessica was about to translate when Tiffany did it for her, 

 

"Kris says we should get lunch. I could get behind that idea!" 

 

Dongwoon looked hesitant but eventually  gave in,

 

"Sure." 

 

Kris smiled once more,

 

"Then it's settled! I'd like to talk about some logistics with you so perhaps Jessica can take the girls out while you and I have that discussion."

 

"Well, I guess letting t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter