One Year Ago

One Year Ago

/One Year Ago/ SaTzu

 

 

One Year Ago, you were by my side.

I was having trouble with my friends, a few fall outs and some betrayals. I was angry, mad, furious at them but you stayed by my side, calming me down, giving me advices and words of encouragement. With your presence and assistance, I eventually forgave them and forgotten about them. Weeks later, I found out that they did not betray me, it was the opposite and they were trying to help me. With this new finding, I approached my friends and we are friends again with bonds stronger than ever.

 

 

One Year Ago, you were in my arms.

“Sana!” I ran towards you, pulled you into my embrace and spun you around. You held on me tightly, afraid to fall. I stopped and loosen my hold, putting you down. “Sana, my father have agreed to our relationship! After months of debating and arguments, we do not need to hide anymore!” Your shocked, delighted expression made me grin widely, like a fool. You hug me, with tears of joy, tip-toeing to reach my lips. Your soft peck on my face and screams of happiness can bring nothing but smile on my face.

 

 

One Year Ago, you broke my heart.

“Tzuyu, let’s break up.” That was all that you said and you left without looking back. I was stunned, frozen, rooted. I did not know what I did wrong to deserve this. I love you with all my heart and soul. Finally I moved, I dropped down on my knees and cried. It was the first time that I have cried that hard. It felt terrible.

I was depressed and upset but I was more curious, why did you leave me? I did not want to interact with anyone. I needed time alone. Lots of time alone. I ignored your messages and calls. You went up to house and knocked on my door but I ignored you. I drowned myself with barrels of alcohol, enough to fill a lake.

 

 

One Year Ago, you mend my broken heart.

One night as I drank myself asleep, I heard desperate knocks on my door. I walked towards the door and unlocked it. My father was at the door. My father slapped me hard and took a sit at the sofa. “Come here.” He said. I place my palm on the side of the face where he slapped and took a seat across him. He took a deep breath and said, “Sana is in the hospital.” I snickered and grinned at him, “So what?” He ignored me and continued, “She is diagnosed with cancer, the final stage. Sober up and visit her.” He immediately stood up and left, slamming the door shut. I was left speechless. For once, in a while I did not drink instead, I drowned myself in tears. Tears of sorrow and joy. She did not leave me because she want to, but she had to. She was thinking for me, she wanted me to find my happiness without her since she knew that her days were numbered.

 

 

 

One Year Ago, you were there.

I slapped myself sober, took a bath and ran down to grab a cab to the hospital. I ran to the counter and enquired for your room number. I dashed through the corridor and took the stairs as I did not want to waste time waiting for the elevator. I stood in front of the door and gathered myself. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. “Who is there? Come in.” I turned the door knob and stepped into the room. I closed the door silently and walked towards you, a step at a time. I saw you on the bed, full of tubes poking out here and there. You saw me and smiled. “Hey, it’s been awhile since I saw you. Have a sit.” You tried to prop yourself up with a pillow but you were too weak. I look at you, upset at myself. I helped you up and sat down beside you. No words could leave my mouth. I missed you so much, I had a lot I wanted to say to you. However, I was speechless as I looked at your thin body. I could see the shape of your bones. You held my hand and said “Tzuyu, I am sorry. I love you.” No, you did nothing wrong. I was the one at fault. I ignored you. I should have listened to your explanation. I should have took your call or opened the door. “Look at me, Tzuyu. My eyes are up here.” I looked straight at your eyes and tears started pouring from mine. You pulled me towards you and embraced me. You said that it was alright, everything is fine now. Once again, you saved me. You pulled me back from the depths of hell and suffering.

 

 

 

One Year Later, I miss you.

Here I am, in front of you with a bouquet of flower. Dressed in a simple black dress, I kneeled down and brushed off the soil and dust gathered on your tombstone. “I’m here. It has been a year since you went to the other side. I miss you.” 

 

 

 

"I'll be with you soon."

I love you.

-

Please give me your opinion on this one-shot. It is my first time writing, it will help out alot. Your opinions are valuable.