PROLOGUE

Bring You Back

I was only sixteen and he was eighteen the first time I met him, I remember that it was a miserable rainy day and I was soaked to the bone when I entered the little café around the corner from my house. He was sitting close to the entrance and had looked up just as I’d come into the cafe, our eyes instantly locked and it was such a cosmic and earth moving moment for me. I recall my heart beating so fast I thought it was going to burst out of my chest and run away from me as I went to the counter and ordered my usual hot beverage, completely and utterly aware of the handsome stranger who had been watching me the entire time.

Taekwoon looked so charming in the black suit he wore, I wondered what had caught his interest about me that made him ask for my number. From that day on, we texted and talked to each other all the time. We went out on dates whenever he had time off from his job. He worked with his dad at their company, his family were wealthy and were well known amongst those circles. I never cared for those people, they always spent too much money and gossiped behind peoples backs. I knew he had to always attend social functions because of his parents, he secretly confessed to me that he hated going to these parties and like a fool I have believed him.

Believed he was different from the rest of them.

How foolish I had been.

When I turned eighteen and I was positively sure Taekwoon was the one, we got married. It was a beautiful ceremony, it was exactly how I always pictured my wedding day to be, my parents and brother weren’t exactly thrilled about it but they understood how much I loved Taekwoon and they saw how happy I was when I was by his side. The first two years of our marriage were amazing, it was everything I’d hoped it would be. He was sweet, attentive and a gentle lover, when we spoke to each other it was like we were speaking to each other’s souls.

Then just out of the blue, things started to turn bad. He never smiled or laughed around me anymore, he would get defensive with every question I asked him. He started sleeping in another room and stopped being intimate with me, I never knew what had changed between us or what I had done to make him treat me like that.

Taekwoon never came to my family gatherings anymore, claiming he was too busy with work from the company so I would be by myself. My parents noticed the change in me whenever they saw me, I knew they were worried but I could never find the words to ease their worries. My brother insisted everytime I saw him to leave Taekwoon but his pleas fell on deaf ears, I should have listened to him.

Maybe then I wouldn’t have tried so hard and made myself so miserable.