End

Over Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything keeps replaying inside Somi's mind. It was like a song on rewind, a song she can never get off her system. What can she do? She was 15, and naive. She never knew anything about relationships. She never knew anything about love in the first place. It was a risk. But she knew, that when it comes to Kim Sejeong, every risk was worth it. For she always knew, that she was worth it. She still is. Even after 2 whole years without seeing the older girl, her feelings for her never wavered. She never stopped hoping, hoping that she'll someday return. She never stopped waiting.

 

She never stopped loving her.

 

But even if she still love her, why can't she bring herself to talk to her? It was a challenge, yes. It was something she can never ever do.

 

What can she do? Kim Sejeong was her very first love.

 

Her first heartbreak as well.

 

She just keeps hoping. Keeps hoping that everything will turn out just fine. That she'll be fine.

 

The school bell rings, signalling the end of classes. Somi stands up and stuffs the rest of her things in her backpack. Dani won't be with her today for the latter had some student council things to do so Somi was going to walk home alone. Well, being alone wasn't foreign to her anymore.

 

Students were already making their way out of class. She exits her classroom and she hears someone calling her. A familiar voice, echoing throughout the school's hallways. She turns around and saw Shannon, her old friend.

 

Shannon used to hang out with them, but she seemed to have drifted apart. She lost contact with her after things between her and Sejeong were done. She had no idea why they broke apart. Shannon was a good friend of hers. Trustworthy like Dani and supported her with all her decisions in life. Can't believe she'll admit it but she does miss the older girl.

 

Somi stops from her tracks and smiles ruefully at Shannon. Shannon makes her way to Somi.

 

"Can I have a minute of your time?", Shannon asks awkwardly as soon as she and Somi were a few feet apart.

 

Somi looks at Shannon. Shannon was staring back as well but soon as they made eye contact, Shannon looks away and turns her attention to the floor instead. She knows that when Shannon does that, they have to talk about something important and yet something that'll make Shannon all awkward right after. 

 

This seems urgent.

 

"Sure. Where do you want us to talk?"

 

Shannon looks up with a small smile on her face.

 

"We can talk at a nearby cafe that recently opened up. Is that okay? Don't worry, my treat." Shannon proposes, her smile getting bigger.

 

Somi laughs, Still the same old Shannon. "Sure! Haha now I couldn't refuse!"

 

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

 

Silence envelopes them while they were sharing a plate of cookies and their lattes left untouched. Shannon looks uncomfortable and keeps on looking elsewhere. Somi looks at the window and circles her finger on her cup. Well this wasn't supposed to be the "talk" they should have.

 

Shannon looks at Somi on her peripheral vision and notices that the younger girl seems to be deep in thought. She looks at her watch and notices that it was getting late. She takes a deep breath, chants "You can do this" in her head repeatedly and after a few more encouragements from her head, she clears . Somi stares at her with those big, hazel brown eyes, full of curiosity.  Shannon gets nervous all over again.

 

God, how am I supposed to tell her this?....

 

"Uhm.....", Shannon trails off, looks at everything else aside Somi.

 

"It's okay if you don't want to talk about it now. I understand how you get when you want to talk about something important but ends up getting nervous about it.", Somi says with a small smile on her lips. "We can always talk about it tomorrow."

 

Shannon remains silent after that. Somi stands up.

 

"NO! NO!.", Shannon panics when she sees Somi standing up. "We need to talk about this now.", she says firmly and Somi sits right back down.

 

Somi then takes a sip from her latte, raises one eyebrow at Shannon, a sign that she can start talking about whatever they were supposed to talk about.

 

"Uh...", Shannon gulps, her palms getting all sweaty.

 

She takes a sip from her latte to calm her nerves. Somi grabs a cookie and takes a bite from it.

 

Okayyyy... Let's do this.

 

"Uhm. It's about Sejeong.", Shannon starts awkwardly and she looks at Somi. Somi stares back at her with a blank expression.

 

"What about her?", Somi asks, a little bit cold.

 

"Look I know what happened between you two. And I know that you still have feelings for her so I hope you hear me out.", Shannon calmly says, despite the remark Somi gave her.

 

Somi takes a deep breath and sighs. She signals Shannon to carry on.

 

"I know you two are not in good terms. And I know you haven't moved on from her. Look, at what I can see at the current situation, I think what you need to do is talk. What you need is closure. You're hurting. She's hurting. I think what you just need is to clear things up between the two of you so you can both heal. So you can both figure out what's going to happen between you two. It's not my position I know, to tell you to do this, but I just think that you won't be having anymore troubles if you just try and approach her, and you know, just talk about it. It's just my opinion anyway. It's just that I can't stand it when you always look sad, pained. I know you don't see me as a friend anymore, but I still care.", Shannon pauses and looks sadly at Somi.

 

She reaches over for Somi's hand over the table and continues.

 

"Look, I just miss the old you. And you won't return to your old self if you don't talk to her for if you don't, you won't stop hurting. If you don't stop hurting then the people around you will continue hurting as well. I know because I can see them in Dani's eyes. The way she looks at you, she carries your pain as well. I am not rushing you into talking to Sejeong. But I just hope you reconsider it. I hope you do it. You do need it and I hope you do it. For Dani's sake.", Shannon pleads.

 

Somi looks at Shannon's hand which was over hers. She bites her lip and contemplates on all what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter