Hot Shot

Hot Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thank you for your hardwork!," Seungri beamed a smile as he bowed down his head to the twelve men he has been practically living with for the past 2 years. It was another tiring day for the 18 year old high school senior student slash manager of the basketball club yet he could still manage to give them as a smile for he entirely loves what he's been doing the past months. 

He heard the other high school basketball players, some his classmates even and most were in the lower years and it just reminded him that his manager days would soon be replaced by college ones. That, he couldn't prevent from happening. Seungri loved the basketball gymnasium, the bouncing and always-been-passing-and-throwing ball, and the cheers. The exciting cheers mixed with loud screams of how their team is winning would always give Seungri an incredible feeling within and he knew then that all his hardwork was finally being paid off.

Seungri heard the metal huge door of the gymnasium slammed shut, indicating his team mates had left. His phone vibrated on his pocket as Seungri reluctantly picked the device up and read the the message he just received.


From: Mom

Seungri-ah, I won't be home for tonight. Re-heat the meal I've prepared for you, okay?


Seungri let out a deep sigh as he slid his phone back to his front pocket, eyes now staring at the empty gymnasium. He chuckled bitterly at himself as he recalled what made him love this place he didn't think he'd love not even once before. After his parents' divorce 3 years ago, Seungri has been living with his mother and the text message he had just received had already turned to a daily - if not weekly - routine. He was living with his mother but realistically speaking, he wasn't. For she once went out with a man and Seungri thought the man would be his next father, and felt painfully disappointed as he watched her leave with another man the next night. He had thought of calling his dad right then, but then the phone call he did just broke his already beaten heart as he listened to a high-pitched voice of a small girl, calling a certain "Dad" at the background. Ever since, Seungri had kept his thoughts and feelings with himself.

The sport had played and still plays an important role in his life. For Seungri, it had always been his safe haven, something he can run to whenever he felt like life was being cruel and when the world was squeezing the life out of him. It wasn't actually his intension to become a part of the basketball team in their school nor get involve with it - or anyone in this place. But when Seungri had nowhere to speak or throw his arms into one day, he found the gymnasium widely open for him to come into. It wasn't his classmates or friends or anyone in this academy. Just the gymnasium and the sound of the ball resonating the whole sports area. Seungri loved the sound. His team had came to accept him as their own "family team" - as what they call it - and eventually loved how Seungri would put effort and time for their plays' strategies and other needed things for their game practice sessions. It's been 2 years since he'd been in his manager position and he had also come to love every team member - including their 48 year old coach - in his team. Together, they made a very warm connection with each other and Seungri felt needed and loved and at peace.


Until that day happened.

 

Seungri was happily giving out fliers of their basketball team in the passing students infront of their school building along with the other clubs of their school when suddenly a boy with a very thick eyeliner around his eyes - that made him look like a gangster or some delinquent - stopped infront of him. It shouldn't scare Seungri for he already had experienced being cornered at some alley before and be kicked and punched hard by some hoodlum or something, Seungri wasn't sure but he just let it go and decided to forget the experience. Until this day, that is. Now he was facing the boy that looked like a delinquent with his piercing eyes and a very dark black hair that stood with all the gel he had put.

"When's the try out for newbies?," the boy asked and Seungri felt a shiver ran his spine by the cold nasal voice he had heard. It was mixed with something cool like an air breeze of a winter day and blazing fire from an errupting volcano that made Seungri felt something he considered weird and unnecessary boomed in his stomach. One of his teammates, Daesung, took the initiative to reply as Seungri just stared at the boy without uttering a word.

It was later that afternoon after the classes had ended, when they were having their try outs for the newbies who could pass their qualifications for new possible members when the door slammed opened, catching every person in the gymnasium, head turning to the boy - Seungri still considered as a delinquent - as he walked in and joined in the try out session. Seungri noticed the boy was actually handsome and taller than him, and even with the scary look, he somehow got himself a few fangirls around as he shoot 10 balls in the ring consecutively in a dazzling perfect manner. Seungri couldn't even say a word as his teammates excitedly jumped and asked him to put the boy on the list. The list of the students who passed the try out and would soon be joining with the other teammates for their practices and be part of the upcoming games. 

Seungri didn't expect at all, with how the boy moved swiftly and smoothly inside the court, how his motions seemed to not only captivate the viewers but also the players inside the game. Seungri shook his head, slapping himself mentally for he knew what he was thinking wasn't supposed to be there in his mind. He should be focusing on the try-outs, not with unnecessary things like how perfectly carved the teenager boy's body is in his now all button-opened uniform and how beads of sweat rolled at the side of his face like he was in some drinking water advertisement in TV as he slowly turned and gave Seungri a very handsome serious look... Wait, what?

"Manager! Did you see that? That boy really is good! We should let him join in our team!!," Seungri turned to see Daesung who was jumping and smiling widely like he had won in the lottery. Seungri felt hesitant for the presence of the boy just whispers a whirl wind of "trouble" - and Seungri knew, he knew the boy was trouble - but with the looks he had received from his team plus the amazing performance the boy just did inside the court, he knew better than to reject the boy. So Seungri bit his lower lip as he looked at the paper the boy has filled up a while ago, eyes staring at the name and memorizing it just like what he did to the other newbies before.

Kwon Jiyong, 16, Sophomore.

 


It was another tiring day for Seungri as he yawned and picked up the balls scattered on the floor of their gymnasium and was carefully putting - sometimes playfully throwing - them on a basket in small rolling wheels he was pulling around with him. The preliminary round was just around the corner for their upcoming Town Sports Fest, that, after the other quarter games if passed, would permit them to join Seoul Sports Fest. Seungri knew it would be a miracle for them to be in the golden list but he has big hopes of his team, he believes in their capabilities and Seungri always considers the high determination his teammates had with themselves would be the key for their success in whatever field they'd choose. He was smiling at himself foolishly when he heard a voice called him behind.

"Manager Lee."

Seungri turned and saw Jiyong - the 1 month old teammate of theirs - standing with his gym student uniform and a sports bag hung on his shoulder. With the tiny droplets of water rolling down his wet locks and the manly and fresh shower gel scent, Seungri knew the younger just came out from the shower area. Somehow, he felt like it was odd as Jiyong had always been the first one to come out from their locker and shower rooms. Now he just came out from it when his other teammates had already left half an hour ago? Did something happen, perhaps?

"Oh, Jiyong. Did something hap-"

Seungri was cut off though, his eyes widen as the younger moved closer in one swift motion, pulling his manager's arms to him as he captured the smaller frame in a tight.. embrace?

"Seungri," Jiyong called, his voice low as his strong hands wrapped around Seungri's smaller form. Seungri felt his heart jumping out of his chest, his mind in chaos, he felt different emotions booming at the pit of his stomach and his cheeks heated up all for the sudden calling of his name.

"I'm so tired of pretending," Jiyong said in a voice above a whisper as his hug tightened that Seungri felt his bones were crushing by the contact. Seungri stood still and remained silent as he was lost of words, his mind left the chaotic world only to welcome an even more chaotic universe.

"I can't control my feelings anymore, Hyung. I like you. Please go out with me."

 

It was then his world had completely turned upside down and the used to be peaceful life became a chaotic one.

 

**


"Done now?," Jiyong asked for the fifth time, the vibration of the younger's voice could be felt on his shoulder as the younger had his body bent and basically rested his chin on Seungri's shoulder, and again, his arms wrapped around the older's waist, backhugging the manager.

Seungri felt his cheeks heat up yet again and started taking deep breathes to calm himself down as he shifted his attention back to the papers he was putting on the cabinet, then picked some of the unchecked ones and started to look for the documents he just needed for their team. The manager was sure he had put those guides in the place a year ago so he would always find them if ever he'd need them - like right now - but he found himself getting annoyed for he just couldn't find them and the position where Jiyong had his arms around his waist while searching for the lost documents didn't help either.

Ever since the sudden unexpected confession of the younger, Seungri had avoided him at all cost for he knew it would be a huge mess of the team when they find out Jiyong and him were dating - for they weren't! Yet.. That is. Seungri was still thinking about it, that was what he has said to the younger too when the younger pestered him about his answer the next day after his confession. Sure, Seungri felt wonderful emotions booming inside him. But he felt scared. He knew how relationships could be destructive as to what he had experienced from the used to be colorful painted walls they once called home. He knew it too well. And he doesn't know if Jiyong was really serious. The teenager was handsome and really talented, there were many girls who loved him and had always cheered for him whenever they have their practice. Seungri doesn't know if Jiyong was aware of it though, but he knew the people love the basketball player. So why would he tell Seungri he likes him? Yes, indeed, there's a big possibility Jiyong was just teasing him, playing with him. So Seungri couldn't waver. It would also a big risk for him to date his teammate, someone inside their so called "family team", his safe haven, his peaceful place.

While Seungri was hardly debating with himself about the list of advantages and disadvantages of dating Kwon Jiyong, the younger seemed not to mind them at all as he kept being clingy to the manager when they were alone. Seungri had requested it - to make whatever they have as a secret between them - specifically one time after Jiyong gave him hungry looks biting his lower lip and ready to attack Seungri while they were in a practice and Seungri started to fan himself and laughed nervously while defensively telling their coach beside him that the weather was beginning to be hotter these days.

"Manager Lee? Manager Leeee~!" Seungri heard his name being called by one of his team that he assumed to be Seunghyun, their team Captain, as Seungri quickly and forcefully pushed Jiyong away from his body. He cleared his throat a few more times before speaking.

"You should go," he said, motioning the younger to go out and if possible be careful of being seen by other members of the club. Seungri felt Jiyong stared at him for a moment before finally going out of the mini office room of their club.

It was then that Seungri could finally let out the sigh he wanted to let out ever since the younger had invaded his privacy for the day. Wearing a calmer expression, he went out and began explaining the things the team captain must be expecting to hear for their game. The thought of getting in a relationship was the least he could think of.

 

**


A part of Seungri had thought that his team member and currently the most famous and loved one in their team, would still be the same after a few months had passed. As he watched Jiyong being crowded by his admirers from a nearby bench, Seungri couldn't help but feel something inside him that wasn't nice at all. He could feel his stomach swirling in annoyance like there were bugs inside and he felt like they were all going to choke him up to his throat anytime soon.

Seungri sighed as he shook his head and shifted his attention back to his team who were now doing their daily circle shooting routine. Mino was standing in about 3 meters away from the ring as he bent his knees and threw the ball into it, the ball made a spiral movement for a moment before it finally went inside the ring. Seungri smiled at the amazing shot Mino just did. He looked at the different faces of their team and by the looks of their now tired but still have the determination to win faces, Seungri knew success would be on their hands soon. The manager gave out a genuine smile unconsciously as he observed his team's movements inside the court.

"Manager Lee."

Seungri felt a thread was cut inside him once again as he heard his name being called by a familiar voice, his genuine smile turned to a forced one as he turned around to meet the voice's owner.

"Jiyong," Seungri beamed a smile, though his mind began to wander at things like why would Jiyong be here and not with his admirers during his free time, because well, the younger turned to be one of their aces and their coach had specifically requested for the younger not to use his body too much - he was practicing with them straight for two hours without even taking a break - and with Seungri's second motion, Jiyong finally gave in and did what they told him to do.

"I don't like it," Jiyong said, his face expressionless though his eyes seemed to say something. Seungri couldn't read them. Maybe Jiyong was here to force him to join the practice again and Seungri won't have any of it. The young man needs to rest, too.

"Jiyong, I know you really love basketball, but you should consider your health, too. We can't have you here if you won't listen to us, you know that right?"

"But Seungri-"

"Jiyong." Seungri gave him a warning look, trying to remind the younger that calling Seungri without the "manager" or the "hyung" label in public was too risky, especially inside the gymnasium with their other teammates.

"I'm not going to sit there while you watch Mino like you wanted to kiss him," Jiyong strongly said as he now faced the court, his eyes giving deadly glares at his teammate and classmate, Mino. Seungri blinked once, then twice.

"W-What-"

"I saw you. You were looking at him with sparkling eyes!," Jiyong's tone seemed to went higher and Seungri felt his whole body heated in annoyance and instantly went alarmed as he caught a few curious looks at them by the people sitting on the bench nearby. Sighing, he grabbed Jiyong's arm and dragged him inside the storage room. He peeked outside for a few seconds before closing the metal door and turning to face a sulking Jiyong.

"Jiyong," Seungri called but Jiyong looked away, seemingly not wanting to look at his manager's direction.

"Jiyong, why are you being like this?," Seungri couldn't understand it. The boy was being absurd, this doesn't make sense at all.

"When are are you going to accept me?," Jiyong murmured to his own but Seungri heard it clear. The manager sighed as he massaged his temple and took deep breathes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter