Silly

What About Me?

Seventh chapter and it’s the last! omg
Enjoy!


 

 

Silly

 

“Hyung…” Taemin called out to Jonghyun. It was night time and they both planned to just lay in bed and rest instead of walking around outside, finding a place to eat.

“Neh maknae?”

 

The dancer turned his whole body to face the singer who was in his own bed. The boy took in a huge breath before speaking. “Do you think, it hurt hyung this much?”

 

It took awhile for the older boy to process Taemin’s words but when it did he stopped what he was doing and paid his full attention to the boy. He saw Taemin with tears falling to one side of his face from laying down. It was his first time ever seeing the boy so sad and he knew it shouldn’t be like that.

 

He got up from his bed and walked to the boy. He didn’t let Taemin sit up and told him to lie down because it was obvious the boy needed rest. He knew that the dancer barely even slept because of his thoughts.

 

“Cry it out if you need to… it won’t get any better if you keep it all in.” Jonghyun comforted. “But… but what if it never gets better?” Taemin asked.

 

It hurt Jonghyun, it did. To see the young boy he saw as a brother to be hurting this much. Not once has he ever seen the boy cry because of a lover, and although Jinki and Taemin were never together, Taemin has finally let his tears fall. He now knew that the boy has fallen deep.

 

Jonghyun didn’t know what to do. If he hadn’t told Taemin about Jinki’s feelings from before, Taemin wouldn’t be like this, Taemin wouldn’t have fallen for their leader and the two best friends wouldn’t be keeping things from each other.

 

But then he was glad he did because now Taemin knew what he truly felt and he knew Jinki still loved the maknae.

 

“W-would I be able to move on? Just like Jinki?” Taemin cried. Jonghyun didn’t stop the boy from sitting up.

Taemin clutched onto Jonghyun’s shirt.

“Hyung tell me, come on… tell me.” the boy sniffed.”Would I be able to move on and stop hurting? Would I be able to stop having Jinki have my heart?” Taemin hung his head low as he cried. “Come on… tell me. You’re my hyung, you have to tell me, you have to know.” He cried harder and harder, and it only made Jonghyun cry in return.

“I’m sorry Taemin-ah, but I don’t know…”

“Wae… you said you were someone who was observant. Why can’t you tell me now huh? Do you know who hyung moved onto?” Taemin asked as he lift his head and looked at Jonghyun in the eyes. Jonghyun shook his head.

“I don’t even know if I should tell you, because he hasn’t even told me and I’m his best friend.”

 

Jonghyun didn’t know what the boy was talking about because he knew that Jinki hasn’t moved on. He knew that what he first told the boy was all wrong. He just didn’t know how to tell the boy without losing Jinki’s trust.

 

It was 2 hours after, Taemin finally calmed down and he slept like a baby after that, but even then, his face showed how much he was hurting. Jonghyun let go of the dancer’s hand, he was holding it because he promised the boy to hold it until he fell asleep.

 

Jonghyun didn’t feel like sleeping anymore so instead he walked to the kitchen to grab a drink. As he made his way back to his room, he continued walking to Jinki’s. He was surprised that the older boy was awake.

 

“You’re still up?” He asked. Jinki lift his head up, “Ah, neh…”

“Wae?”

 

Jonghyun sat down beside Jinki.

 

“I couldn’t sleep.” Jinki mumbled.

“Did you try?”

Jinki shook his head. “Well how are you going to sleep if you haven't even tried?” Jonghyun chuckled. When he saw that Jinki didn’t show any effort in trying to change his position on the bed he fully turned his head at the boy.

 

“I heard…”

 

Jonghyun continued to look at him, he didn’t bother to say anything else, wanting Jinki to continue.

 

“I felt something weird was happening. I felt that Taemin was having a hard time and I wanted to make sure if he was alright… by the time I got to your room I heard him crying hard and asking you if he’ll be able to move on.” Jinki looked at the younger. “I didn’t know he broke up with Naeun and from what I heard it seemed like Naeun broke up with him… He said one last thing before he continued to cry harder but I couldn’t hear it…”

 

“Do you know who hyung moved onto? I don’t even know if I should tell you, because he hasn’t even told me and I’m his best friend.”

 

From what Jinki said, Jonghyun knew the leader got it all wrong. Jinki thought that Taemin was crying because of Naeun.

 

“Why didn’t he tell me? and why did he go to you?” Jinki asked. Jonghyun had no answer to that because first of all he couldn’t and second, Jinki was reading the whole situation wrong.

 

“What did I do that he can’t trust me anymore?” Jinki continued to ask question after question and all he got in return was a rub or pat on the shoulder.

 

“Hyung… maybe you should take him out?” Jonghyun suggested. “That way you guys can have a conversation that’s obviously needed. He feels as if you don’t need him too.” Jonghyun said. “What? He told you that? But why?”

“You’re constantly with Kibum… Go out tomorrow, we don’t have anything in the evening.”

 

***

 

The next day, it was full of practices and photoshoots. The practices even took two more hours from their free time and Jinki was worrying that he won’t be able to ask Taemin out for dinner anymore.

 

He didn’t get to, the members planned to go out to dinner together and although he wanted it to be just him and Taemin he was glad that there was at least this that would keep him from being a nervous wreck.

 

As they ate Taemin got a phone call from Naeun, he took the call far from the table to talk to her. The phone wasn’t on speaker but you can hear the girl yelling at him.

 

“I know you broke up with me but why haven’t you called?”

Taemin sighed, “You said you couldn’t stand seeing my face, I thought that meant you didn’t want to talk too?” Taemin rushed.

“Waahh… you really moved on huh?”

“Naeun, I didn’t need time to move on, I already knew my feelings before breaking up with you.”

 

It sounded harsh but he needed Naeun to know that he wasn’t joking around when he said he had feelings for a guy.

 

“Oppa, I know you’re just doing this because you want to see other girls and not me, but did you have to say you fell for a guy?”

 

Taemin took a deep breath. “I did fall for a guy and no it’s not an excuse so I can go and see other girls okay. I thought you said you’d try to understand?”

 

Before Naeun could answer he hung up the phone without bidding 'goodbye' and let his head fall against the wall. He opened his eyes and when he looked at the end of the hallway, he saw Jinki standing there.

 

“Oh hyung!” Taemin said as he walked towards him. “Did you come and get me to go home?”

“Actually, I came to ask you if you wanted to hang out this evening?”

“It’s late? Are you good with that?” Taemin asked with a lifted brow after looking at the time. “Yeah, I’m good!” The leader smiled that smile of his.

 

The two walked back to the table and saw that everyone was standing ready to leave. They walked to the car. Taemin and Jinki took their place at the back of the van. The younger boy had his head on the leader’s shoulder ready to take a short nap and Jinki let him, knowing that the night was going to be long for the both them.

 

***

 

Jinki didn’t know where to bring Taemin, he honestly thought it would be easy to think of a place in the moment but his brain just couldn’t think of one.

He brought Taemin up to the rooftop because it was a place where they can talk about anything and not let anyone hear.

 

“Wah! I missed this place hyung!” Taemin yelled as he ran around the place. Taemin had that smile on his face and Jinki just admired him for it, he chuckled to himself because of the boy’s joyful laugh from running like a kid.

 

The dancer walked up to the railing and Jinki followed. “This is where we met.” Taemin started. “Hmm… can you believe it? The last time we’ve been up here was before we were even told that we would debut in the same group.” Jinki smiled.

 

It was silent as they recalled the memories in their head.

 

Jinki didn’t know if it was okay to talk about what happened earlier but he wouldn’t know unless he asked.

 

“So...you broke up with Naeun? Wae?” Jinki asked. Taemin thought that Jinki heard the entire conversation he had earlier but he was wrong. Jinki had only heard about him breaking up with Naeun because at that moment the girl was yelling through the phone. Jinki didn’t get to hear the rest because the dancer went to cover his mouth as he spoke into the phone in a hushed whisper.

 

“I wasn’t happy.” but as the boy said this, Taemin was smiling.

 

It was simple. So simple.

 

Jinki took a look at him, surprised. “But you want and love her…” Taemin turned away from the railing and started to wander off. He sighed, “I thought I did…”

“Are you hurt?” Jinki questioned as he followed wherever the boy was heading off to.

 

“Ani…" Taemin put his hands into his pockets. "I didn’t want to keep lying to her.”

 

The way Taemin said those words were as if he practiced it many times but when Jinki saw Taemin’s face he knew the boy was sincere with what he was saying, he knew that it came from the boy’s heart and mind.

 

“Lying about what?”

 

It took a few seconds for Taemin to answer.

 

“How I didn’t feel the same…”

 

Taemin’s answer surprised Jinki, he knew that the maknae loved the girl and whenever the younger loved something he would never let go of it.

 

“Anyway, enough about me…” Taemin chuckled, “what about you hyung? Why are you so happy these days?” When Taemin turned he expected to see Jinki with the face he had on for weeks, the happy one. But when he looked, he saw what he saw before he dated Naeun.

 

Jinki was not-so-happy again.

 

When Jinki didn’t answer Taemin began to tear up. Jinki noticed this.

 

“Hyung… would it make you happier if I was with someone else?” Taemin asked in such a hurt voice that Jinki wasn’t even sure what to make of it.

 

“Would you be happier if I let you go?”

 

Jinki took a step closer to the boy, “let me go? You’re not holding me down Taemin.”

 

“Then why aren’t you happy now?” The boy lift his head to look at Jinki in the eyes. Those eyes held something, and that something was really different from what Jinki has seen in the past years.

 

“I am happy…” Jinki said.

 

When Jinki saw the first tear that fell from the boy’s eyes he was in front of Taemin, wiping away those tears.

 

“Did it hurt that much to love me?” Taemin asked as he leaned into Jinki palm.

“H-how?”


Taemin ignored the leader and continued.

“Were you happier with someone else?”

“Someone else?”

 

Taemin nodded, “Key hyung…”

 

Hearing that Jinki took his hand off the boy and it made the dancer look back up just as fast.

 

“I was right?”

“N-no! What the hell are you talking about?” Jinki asked shocked. “You think Kibum and I have a thing going on?”

“Y-you don't?”

 

Jinki heard the difference in Taemin voice.

 

He heard relief.

 

“Hell no! …” Jinki said as he chuckled to himself. He walked away from the boy to the railing again. “H-hyung?”

“Damn… I thought you and Jonghyun had a thing, but,” he giggled as he ran up to Taemin hugging him so hard, “You have feelings for me! Oh my God!”

“H-hyung?”

 

Jinki let the boy down and held his face. “Kibum was a Jonghyun to me!” The leader laughed again and Taemin finally understood what the leader was trying to say.

 

“W-wait… so you're saying?” Taemin let go of Jinki and looked at him, Jinki nodded.

“You still... love me?” Taemin asked slowly. Jinki took a hold of Taemin again and squeezed him tight. “I love you so much you don't even know!”

 

When Taemin finally processed what was happening he smiled so big. “Really? You're not joking?”

“No! I really love you.” the leader paused. “And you know… the best way to respond to this, is to say it back?” Jinki suggested.

 

“Oh yeah…” Taemin smiled.

“You're… not going to say it?” Jinki lost his smile and pulled away from the younger. Taemin being Taemin ran away, not from everything, just to the railing.

 

Jinki watched the dancer. He saw the boy put both his hands around his mouth and yelled.

 

“I love Lee Jinki and he’s the only one for me!”

 

It was so cliche but Jinki loved every single second of it.

 

Jinki laughed and it brought a smile to his face again. Taemin turned around to see his leader’s reaction, when he saw that Jinki was pleased he giggled and ran up to the older.

 

“I love you.”

 

***

 

When they got home, it was really late. The two boys looked at each other before going into their own rooms. Before Jinki walked into his, Taemin ran to him. The dancer gave Jinki a kiss on the lips and it was their first kiss.

 

“Goodnight hyung.”

 

Before Jinki could grab a hold of the giggling Taemin, the boy ran to his room and closed the door.

 

Jinki shook his head at the silly boy he now called his boyfriend.

 

***

 

It has been a week since that night and everyone in the dorm seemed to be happy. The other members didn't need anyone to tell them that the two best friends got together. They were so happy they didn't even hide it.

 

They never seen a kiss though. They never even seen the maknae go into the leader's room once. Was this new relationship changing things?

 

***

 

Taemin and Jinki couldn't sleep but they stayed in their own rooms. They both still felt giddy inside from the night they made things official.

 

Taemin didn’t know how everything happened so fast and to his liking. He didn’t know what he did to deserve it and it kept him from falling asleep.

 

The dancer didn't expect to receive a message so late.

 

“Are you awake?”

 

The maknae smiled at his phone.

“Ani…” He joked. “wae?”

“Then come here you brat”

 

The boy looked to his left and saw Jonghyun sleeping. He smiled and got out his bed and rushed out to go to Jinki.

 

Jonghyun saw the boy leave but he just smiled and let things happen because he knew the two were now happy together.

 

***

 

When Taemin got to Jinki's room he immediately lied beside the leader. He cuddled into Jinki and let the older wrap his arms around him.

 

“So… you like your bed better than mine?” Jinki asked with a smirk, bringing back the conversation they had weeks ago. “When did I say that? I don't remember anything.” The younger replied as he pulled Jinki closer so that he can rub his head into Jinki's chest.

 

“Night Minnie... I love you.” Jinki hugged tighter.

“Goodnight hyung, I love you” but Taemin didn't leave it at that, he kissed Jinki.

It went on for a while until they needed air. They had their foreheads against each other’s as they smiled.

 

“Damn..." Jinki sighed happily.

"Are you happy now?" The dancer hushed as he now cuddled much closer than before. "You bet I am. I love you."

 

 

 


Thank you for staying with me! And I hope you all enjoyed it! It was a y ending but I liked it. The story was fast too… I think, oh wells.
‘Till next time… Bye!