Lies

What About Me?

Here is the fifth chapter
Enjoy!


 

 

Lies

 

Taemin didn’t expect that late at night he’d be yelling at their leader to apologise to Jonghyun. Seeing how the singer was on the ground holding onto his cheek and Jinki standing close to him with his fists tight, he knew that the leader had punched him.

 

Minho pushed Jinki away from Jonghyun. “Yah hyung! What the hell is wrong with you!?” Jinki didn’t answer and shrugged the boy away. He looked from Jonghyun to Taemin, who he noticed had a different surprised look on his face he never seen was pointed to him.

 

Taemin was shocked, he didn’t know what to do. No one really knew what to do.

 

He rushed to Jonghyun and helped him up and told Key to bring the singer into their bedroom. As the two were walking out Minho went up to Jinki. “Seriously, whatever your problem is, don’t take it out on us!” Jinki looked away but Taemin knew the leader was about to snap.

 

The dancer walked up to Minho and patted him on the shoulder, “why don’t you take some ice with you and bring it to hyung, stay there and I’ll handle this.”

 

Minho left right when he got the ice, he glared once more at Jinki.

“You’re the lead—”

“Hyung leave, now.” Taemin said before the other could finish what he was saying.

 

Taemin sighed before he turned to look at Jinki.

 

“Why—” Taemin started but Jinki cut him off. “Just… just don’t ask.”

 

Jinki turned around and leaned onto the counter.

 

“Hyung, what do you mean ‘don’t ask?,’ hell you punch Jonghyun, you should at least apologize!” Taemin said as he was glaring at Jinki.

 

The two best friends never really talked like this before and it was a new feeling to Taemin, but it was also a new feeling to Jinki.

 

Jinki chuckled. “Look... I will okay? But I don’t feel bad at all.”

The leader continued to look down and grip the counter.

 

“What do you mean you don’t feel bad at all?!” Taemin yelled. He took a deep breath in as he closed his eyes for a while. He walked up to the leader and and turned him around, “you’re going to apologize because it’s the right thing to do and because he is your member who you consider as family.”

“Then I might as well not apologise if I’m not going to mean it.” Jinki glared at the dancer, his breathing still heavy from the adrenaline.

 

Taemin looked into the leader’s eyes and he wasn’t used to seeing it full of anger.

 

Taemin had tried to be calm but Jinki was being irrational. “At least tell me why you did it!” he snapped.

 

“He deserves it.”

 

He couldn’t believe that Jinki’s answer would be something like this, he couldn’t even imagine that these kind of words would come out of him in a situation like this.

 

He continued looking at Jinki and they were so close he could still feel the other’s breath on him. He looked down and backed away but that didn’t stop him from yelling out his next words.

 

“From what I’m seeing he didn’t! I don’t know what is happening to you but the Jinki I know wouldn’t even have thoughts of doing this and most certainly he’d apologize because he’s hurt someone!”

 

“He deserves it.” Jinki now walked towards the younger as he raised his voice a tad bit to these words.

 

“Jonghyun didn’t, for  sakes hyung!” Taemin yelled back. He still saw the anger in Jinki’s eyes and honestly he was scared.

 

He usually felt safe around Jinki, but now… now he felt as if the older couldn’t be trusted.

 

Jinki saw this emotion in Taemin. He hadn’t want it to be like this and most certainly he didn’t want to younger to be involved. He calmed himself down and looked back at the other. The younger noticed the change quite fast.

 

“Look, you know nothing of what’s happening. So stop it because I, myself know for a fact that he deserves it for betraying me.” Jinki didn’t look at him once more, too embarassed that the boy witnessed him like this. He really didn’t want any of this to happen but Jonghyun words from earlier just snapped him.

 

Taemin was left alone in the kitchen, he wanted to follow Jinki to his room but when he heard a firm shut from Jinki’s door, he knew it wasn’t a good idea.

 

“B-betray?” He said when Jinki’s words processed in his mind. He didn’t know what that was about and he had a feeling that the dorm would be tense for a while.

 

***

 

While the loud conversation was happening, Key, Minho and Jonghyun were quiet but listened to what was happening outside the room. They never heard the two yelling at each other and they feared that this would affect their friendship.

 

“What happened earlier? And what did you do that he punched you? I know you did something otherwise he wouldn’t.” Key asked.

 

Key somewhat knew what was happening, though he doesn’t know about Taemin’s feelings for their leader. He knew Jinki’s feelings though. It was almost like he was Jonghyun to Taemin but to Jinki.

 

Key and Jinki haven’t talked in awhile so he was missing out on certain informations.

 

“Look, I needed to help hyung, so I did, okay? I deserved the punch so don’t get mad at him. I’m looking at you Minho.” Jonghyun nudged. “What? Why me?”

“You yelled at hyung when I’m perfectly at fault here.” Jonghyun placed the ice pack down and looked at the door that was opening.

 

“You’re at fault?” Taemin asked with one brow up.

“Ah, neh…”

 

Taemin walked to the others and took the ice pack to place it back on Jonghyun’s face.

“Hyung said you betrayed him…”

 

It was silent.

 

Jonghyun looked at the other two and gestured them to leave. The two left with a pout because they were being left out but they both knew that the problem was with the three members.

 

Taemin focused on Jonghyun’s cheek that was swelling up, he then noticed that Jonghyun’s lip was cut. He took out the first aid kit they had hiding in the room and made a gesture that he wanted to treat it.

 

“Don’t, it will heal all by itself, plus it small. Don’t worry about it.” Jonghyun chuckled.

“But—”

“No, and get away from me. I can do it myself I’m not a baby.” The singer sassed.

 

Just before Taemin was going to hand the ice pack over he pressed harder onto Jonghyun’s cheek forcibly, making it hurt more. “Well sorry, just thought I should help a friend out, you know.”

 

Taemin sat on his own bed and looked at Jonghyun. “Seriously, what did you do?”

 

Again, Jonghyun didn’t answer.

 

Taemin waited and though he was getting pretty tired because it was late, he called out again. “Aren’t you going to answer?”

 

Silence.

 

Taemin sighed and went to stand up, he thought about Jinki and how bad he made him feel when Jonghyun admitted that he was the one who started. He wanted to go to Jinki and apologize.

 

He walked towards the door and just as he was about to open it he heard Jonghyun speak.

 

“He’s jealous.”

 

Those were the words that suddenly made his heart pound.

 

***

 

Jinki lied on his bed and covered his eyes with both hands. He didn’t want to make his feelings so obvious but unfortunately he did.

 

Jonghyun’s words kept ringing in his head and he just couldn’t believe it was coming from someone who knew what went through his mind.


 

“Why are you and Taemin constantly going out at night?” He asked Jonghyun. “I don’t know, I just feel like it, I don’t see him complaining.” Jonghyun shrugged.

 

Jinki noticed the act and wondered why Jonghyun was like this.

 

“Well, can you guys at least come home earlier and not wait until the sun is beginning to rise?” Jinki suggested.

“Look hyung, Taemin and I like it like that.”

Jinki tried to understand the younger. “I know you guys are freer out in the streets at night but just put it into consideration.”

 

Jonghyun finished his drink and looked at his glass as he lifted it to his eyes. “You know hyung? I now know why you like our maknae. He’s not that hard to have feelings for. If he ever breaks up with Naeun, guess who’s going to mend his heart back together?” As Jonghyun said those last words he looked at the leader with a smug face.

 

“Me.” Jonghyun finished.

 

Jinki tried to figure if the other was joking around with him, but when he noticed that Jonghyun continued to look at him and didn’t falter, he turned serious.

 

“You know I have feelings for him Jonghyun.” Jinki reminded.

 

He certainly hoped that Jonghyun wasn’t that type of friend.

 

“Oh please hyung, he doesn’t belong to you. You know…” the singer started to walked around the table until he was close enough to Jinki, “seeing how it is now, he might fall for me instead and break up with Naeun.” the singer paused. “Oh, but what about the years of you waiting for him?” Jonghyun asked as he chuckled.

 

“Do you really think he ever saw you in that way hyung?”

“Jonghyun don’t test me.”

“But why not? I know for a fact that Taemin can be biual, you know why? Because I’m his roommate and he talks to me at night about things he’s curious about.”

 

Those words brought images to Jinki and it made him angrier.

 

“Hyung, face it. Taemin has known me longer than you have. And even though the both of you have such a fairytale story of how the both of you met, he’ll be coming for me.” Jonghyun whispered with a smile.

 

Jinki tried to stay calm because he knew he can.

 

“Oh…” Jonghyun continued, “the both of you haven’t even talked in awhile… all because of me.” Jonghyun taunted.

 

“Jonghyun, one more word and you’re getting it.”

“Getting what? Taemin? Oh please, I’ve already got a taste of him.

And that was when he punched the singer.

 

Those words, those last words from Jonghyun. They couldn’t be true can they?

 

He took a pillow and yelled into it as tears came out.

 

Who am I kidding? It probably is.

 

***

 

“W-what?” Taemin turned.

“He’s jealous.” Jonghyun repeated.

 

Taemin walked back and sat in front of the other. “What do you mean he’s jealous?”

“Hyung thinks something is going on between us because we’ve been going out together often and because of what I said.” Jonghyun said as he looked guilty.

 

Taemin was confused.

 

Jinki moved on…

 

“Why would hyung care anyway if there was something going on between us? You said he moved on.” Taemin reminded.

 

There was so many emotions going through him right now that he couldn’t even comprehend that there was a slight chance that Jinki was in fact jealous.

 

“Taemin, look. When I told you that, I wasn’t even sure if he did. He just seemed happier than usual.”

“From what you’re saying, it seem like hyung has talked to you about it.”

“He has… but that stopped two years ago. So I don’t know anything now.”

“If he’s happier than usual than that could mean he found someone else.” Taemin said, but as he said this, his voice had a hint of sadness.

 

“Taemin, you don’t get it,” Jonghyun hushed, “I know he’s jealous because he punched me.”

“Why did he punch you in the first place?”

 

Jonghyun shifted in his bed and looked down immediately.

 

“What did you tell him?” He spat as he now glared at Jonghyun.

 

 

 


How is it? Please comment down below so I know you guys liked it.
I hoped you guys enjoyed!

‘Till next time… Bye!