TIO

The Innocent Orphan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once upon a time not very long ago, there was an orphanage named 'The Park Mansion’ in the distrcit of Daegu, South Korea. It was owned by the only twenty-eight year old daughter of the country's most rich and famous people, Yoo-Ra in which she had adopted numerous girls that were to be committed to the evils of the world if it was not for her.

 

Yoo-Ra, of course, never called them ‘orphans’ or called The Park Mansion an 'Orphanage’ because to her, that place was her house in which she lived with her family that she had besides her two years younger brother.

 

Right now, at 7:56 PM of a cool Monday evening of 27-March-2017, Yoo-Ra was entering her surprisingly quiet house with raised brows using her key after returning from work. The quiet of the house caused the female to grow anxious because the house was not- never quiet no matter how many works or punishments her thirty girls had. They would always be bickering, laughing and yelling at each other.

 

Fighting even that Yoo-Ra would take care of upon finding.

 

“Girls?” She warily called out, worried eyes scanning her surroundings after she passed through the foyer and entered the living room to find the house spotless with the the delicious smell of dinner filling the air.

 

Yoo-Ra's eyes travelled towards the unusually OFF television, then drifted towards the different coloured laptops and devices such as phones and iPods still -very weirdly- on the coffee table of the living room just like how she had left it in the morning, warning the girls to not touch the stuff and do their chores and school work. The female’s eyebrows furrowed before she opened to speak again but just in that moment, a presence was felt behind her.

 

“H-Hello, unni” Yoo-Ra turned around at the familiar voice and narrowed her eyes at an almost withering Yu-Jin who looked as if she would cower and run away from Yoo-Ra any moment.

 

“Jinnie, where are the others? Why is the house so quiet?” Raising one eyebrow, the older female looked expectantly down at the small girl who did not look like she was going to answer anytime soon. “Yu-Jin?” Yoo-Ra tried again but the female only further tilted her neck downwards.

 

“Hello, unni! You must be tired! Here, give me your bag!” Another voice came as a hand fell on Yoo-Ra’s handbag and laptop bag before the newly entered girl took them from the older female, handing it to the two girls standing behind her.

 

“Sun-Mi, would you mind telling me where are the other girls?” She inquired worriedly as she eyed Jin-Ah and So-Min quietly taking her bags to her room without a ruckus which was very unsual for this household. “Why the hell is the house so quiet?!”

 

“O-Oh, that…” Sun-Mi nodded and smiled nervously. “Well, you see, unni. Everyone is doing their homework because the chores and the cooking activity is done” Yoo-Ra’s eyebrow darted upwards.

 

“Everyone is doing their homework?! What, are you joking?” She laughed in disbelief as she speed walked towards the study hall to have the shock of her life because indeed, everyone was sitting in their chairs quietly and obediently while doing their homework. “Wahhh…!” Yoo-Ra could not believe her eyes.

 

Did the sun set in the East today or something?

 

The house continued to be eerily quiet after that. From Yoo-Ra going upstairs to change her clothes and coming down to find the dinner served, there was not a single squeak from anyone which was very unsual.

 

There were certain rules and regulations along with responsibilities that applied to everyone in the house. Yoo-Ra would go to office every morning and come back in the evening or late evening. The girls -all of them were under 24- would firstly study from the home teachers Yoo-Ra had hired for them for eight hours and then after that they would eat the lunch that the cook Yoo-Ra had specially hired only for afternoon food. Then they would nap for a while and then would do the house chores and cook dinner followed by homework.

 

Yoo-Ra took care of all their expenses and though she loved the girls and pampered each one of them with pure affections, she did not hesitate to punish the naughty ones.

 

“Wah, who made the beef? Its just the perfect taste today!” Yoo-Ra spoke after she ate two mouthfuls of the food, eyes travelling on the half full long table for an answer.

 

“Who else?! Your one and only perfect angel Hua-Ling did!” A jealous Min-Ah answered through a pout, causing Yoo-Ra to chuckle and pat her head before she leaned over and kissed the 14 year old’s cheek.

 

“Awwwww, my sweet Min-Ah will do the same when unni allows her to use the stove, no?” The chubby cheeked female looked in her plate with a pout on her lips, thinking it over. “Hm?” After a moment or two, the girl looked up and nodded before a smile spread on her cheeks.

 

“Yes, unni!” The female said in a cheery tone and showed Yoo-Ra her full toothy smile, causing the older to smile as well.

 

Yoo-Ra backed away and was about to inquire where Hua-Ling was but stopped when the familiar soft features of the much anticipated female came in contact with her eyes, light coffee brown hair tied in a high pony tail swinging behind her as she raced towards the older with a wide smile etched on her features.

 

“Unni!” She said as she hugged Yoo-Ra tightly before burying her face in her neck, refusing to let go of the other. “You're home!”

 

“My baby is here, how has she been?” Yoo-Ra said back in her baby voice before she pulled the younger on her lap as if Hua-Ling was her own child. Well, she was her most special one. She had gone through so much headache to be able to bring the young female from China to Korea ten years ago. To say Yoo-Ra loved her would be an understatement. Hua-Ling giggled when the older pressed a kiss to her soft cheek.

 

“I am good!” She replied, throwing her arms around Yoo-Ra’s shoulders and was about to say something else but stopped and her smile fell when Bo-Mi nudged her from behind, causing her to turn to look at her. The house got silent once again.

 

“Is anyone going to tell me just what the hell is going on today?!” Yoo-Ra raised her voice that was a bit deeper than normal females which was because of genetics as well as her height, which was a good 5’9” it was also because of genetics.

 

“You tell her!”

 

“L-Ling you tell unni!”

 

“U-Unni, that…”

 

“Uh!”

 

“Uhmm”

 

“Hua-Ling tell unni please!”

 

“I didn't do it!”

 

“Ji-Min did it!”

 

“No, So-Jin did!”

 

“It was Sung-Hee!”

 

“We didn't mean it!”

 

A loud ruckus erupted after that on the table and everyone started to speak different things to different people and even fights started, the noise raising more and more until a loud bang on the table was heard which caused Hua-Ling to flinch. A wave of silence washed over everybody after that and it turned out that the bang on the table was caused by Yoo-Ra’s hand.

 

“That's enough!” She scolded everyone, eyes not missing one girl out of thirty as she eyed everyone with her wide angry eyes before she at last, settled them on Hua-Ling. “Hua, you tell me, what happened?” Her soft tone was long forgotten and was replaced with a strict one, causing everyone to gulp along with Hua-Ling.

 

The said female cleared and retreated her arms from Yoo-Ra’s shoulders before she stood up and faced the older female. “Unni, that…” She could feel her friends’ eyes on her and she promised herself to never speak to them before continuing. “Y-You know th-that black and silver vase with purple embroid-embroidery that you brought back from M-Moscow last week?” Yoo-Ra’s eyebrows furrowed at that.

 

“Yes, I do.” Crossing her arms over her chest, she ran her eyes over the girls in front of her once again with a steen expression before she set her eyes on the small female before her. “How can I not? It's been my favourite decoration piece lately.”

 

Hua-Ling nervously smiled before continuing. “Sung- I mean, we broke it while playing football inside the…” She trailed off when she noticed Yoo-Ra’s expression going livid. “H-House.”

 

 

Chan-Yeol smile at his sister’s mansion after he got out of his Porsche and jogged up the porch and to the main door to find his sister’s girls all over the garden and the house, painting it's exterior. His eyebrows creased because last time he had spoken to Yoo-Ra, she wanted him to find her some good painters and now they were doing it themselves?

 

Something definitely went down if Yoo-Ra had given her girls something as intense as painting in this hot summer.

 

Shaking his head, he walked over to Min-Ah who was handing everyone cold lemonade with a smile on his face and tapped on her shoulder, causing her to turn around. The female first had to look a great deal up to see his face and smiled when she recognised the older one. “Hi, Chan-Yeol oppa!” She showed him her cute toothy smile.

 

“Hello, little Min-Ah” he spoke in his raspy deep voice and patted her head softly, alerting the tired female's around him, causing them to hide their faces with their hands, not wanting 'the hot oppa’ to see them being punished. “How are you?”

 

“I am good, you?”

 

He nodded. “I am good, I am good!” Looking around at everyone hiding their face from him, he looked down at her again. “Is noona home? Please say yes!” He pouted playfully and a few giggles around them were heard.

 

“Oh, yes, she is! She is in her room!” Nodding, the giant male muttered a quick 'thank you’ and headed inside the house, stepping into the foyer and walking through it before he entered the living room to find Hua-Ling cleaning the living room. Something inside him felt warm all of a sudden at the sight of her face-

 

He shook his head. She was 19 and he was 26, there was no way this was going to happen, he would not allow it.

 

Though still, he could not help but open his mouth to only startle the small girl who was so focused on mopping the floor, she dropped the mop and gasped loudly before slapping her hands on , her eyes going wide. “Why is everyone painting the exterior of the house?”

 

At first, she stared at him with her wide eyes for a good few moments before she finally regained her composure, blushing a bright pink. “O-Oh, it's you, Mr. Park!” Chan-Yeol could not help the chuckle that escaped his throat at the small smile that followed on her doll-like features.

 

“I didn't intend to scare you” she breathlessly giggled at that, waving her hand in the air while shaking her head nervously.

 

“No, no! It was not your fault, Mr. Park.” She assured him, bending down to pick the mop up and softly resuming her work embarrassedly, refusing to meet his eyes whilst she nibbled on her bottom lip.

 

Chan-Yeol was about to ask her about the other girls again when suddenly a new voice came from the flight of stairs. “Channie! What a pleasant surprise!” The giant rolled his eyes at his sister's choice of words, specially in front of Hua-- no. Yoo-Ra rushed down the stairs before she reached her brother and hugged him as tight as she could. “I did not know you returned from Canada already!”

 

“The more I grow up, the less you care about my whereabouts, I see” he pretended to be hurt and looked over at Hua-Ling to see if she was smiling but no, like always, she was not listening or was pretending not to. Well, it's not like I care. He thought to himself.

 

“Oh, stop being dramatic!” Yoo-Ra did notice her brother's gaze flickering behind her before he settled on herself again. She could not help but smile. “Come, sit with me” she flicked her head towards the leather couches in the living room. “Hua, honey please bring three cups of tea and some refreshments” her grin could not get wider as she looked at the girl who was sweeping the dust up and putting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter