how they met

Absquatulate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  "Remember to come home at exactly nine thirty, if noty, earlier than that." Her father reminded her. "I don't want my little princess to get hurt, understand?" Jennie nodded at his father's words.

  Her school, Seoullite Academy, is going to have a social event. It's a party kind of scene that Jennie doesn't usually like. Jennie was raised to hate parties; her father had always warned her on how parties involve alcohol, drugs and all those bad stuff. It teaches naïve kids like her to do illegal stuff. 

  However, the event requires every student of Seoullit Academy to attend. It's a social event that tackles on how teens of today develop and how they can control stuff. 

  Fixing her blouse, making sure her skirt wasn't all too short and seeing of her low-ankle boots weren't dirty, Jennie sighed. This is it. It's almost party time.

  "Remember, okay?" Her father reminded her.

  "Okay, Dad," Jennie smiled, going out of the house.

 

  Seoullite Academy was adorned with balloons, streamers and almost every decoration that Jennie knows. In spite of the party taking place in the gymnasium, there were a lot of students crowding outside.

  "Stay safe Jennie, alright?" Her dad reminded her the umpteenth time.

  Jennie nodded at her dad. Her father smiled and clicked the button on the car door, making the window roll up. Jennie can hear the engine starting up so she stood back. Black smoke bursted from the back as her dad departed.

  Jennie sighed and looked at the school once again. "Here goes nothing," she said to herself, walking in. 

 

 

  "Jennie!" Rosé greets her, immediately slinging her arm on Jennie's arm. "I thought you were going to chicken out and have your father think of an excuse for you to not attend! I swear, this is the first time I am seeing Kim Jennie in a party." She giggled, looking at her.

  "Oh I swear, this would be the last." Jennie adds, making Rosé snigger.

  "You're missing out on life, Jennie," Rosé commented. "Let's check out those butterfingers! I heard Taehyung personally helped the cafeteria ladies to make it." Rosé continued. "I swear, that boy loves cooking." 

  Jennie nodded along with every word Rosé said. Right now, she have approximately three hours to endure before she can leave the already noisy party. 

  "You'll love this, Jennie!" Rosé said in a promising tone. "You're gonna mark this as your best night ever." Jennie let out an awkward giggle; she honestly don't know about that one.

 

  Several minutes had passed and Jennie is determined to get out of that place. She didn't like anything at all! The music was far too loud and she wasn't much of a fan of the genre. Everyone was everywhere dancing to their heart's content. Rosé was busy with her boyfriend. She couldn't tag along any longer. The two were too intimate with each other that it made Jennie look [and feel] like she's a third wheel.

  "I love this song!" Rosé exclaimed, still looking dreamily at Jimin.

  "Well, wanna dance?" Jimin asked, making Rosé smiled.

  As if she remembered something [or rather someone], Rosé glanced at Jennie's direction. "Oh, I can't," Rosé answered. "I'm really sorry Jimin but I promised Jennie that I'll help her with things. This is her first time in a party." 

  "Oh," by that tone, Jennie knew that Jimin was disappointed.

  "I'm fine, Rosé," Jennie said, making Jimin smile. "Go on and dance with Jimin. I'll tour myself around, I can handle it." 

  "A- are you sure?" There was a mixture of happiness and worry in her voice. Jennie smiled.

  "Certainly," Jennie confirmed. "I think I'll go find Taehyung and help with things." 

  "That's awesome!" Rosé accidentally blurts, making Jennie laugh. "I mean, gee! It's unfortunate that I can't be with you, Jennie. I hope you have fun though." Jennie chuckles at her coaxed disappointment.

  "Yeah, it certainly is a pity," she sardonically said. "I'll get going now, Rosé. See 'ya!" 

  Strangely, it felt so much lighter when she left the couple. Maybe it was because the thought of being a third wheel lifted from her shoulders. Whatever it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter